Will Booker be married before 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:16:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will Booker be married before 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Booker be married before 2020?  (Read 2095 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

And how much does having a family matter these days?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »

Most likely not. America still has family standards. You can be an unmarried mayor, unmarried senator/Representative, and so on.

However, President/Vice President is a big deal. Booker would look weird without a wife running for president. America likes a complete family unit for president.

We'll see.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »

In 1999, Trump said he'd marry Melania in 24 hours if he ran for President. Instead, she had to wait another 6 years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »

If he's still with Cleo by the end of 2018, then they'll set a wedding date in 2019, with the ceremony to take place in Iowa.  The reception will be in New Hampshire, at the McIntyre-Shaheen fundraising dinner, at which Booker will announce his candidacy.

Booker will invite all of his Senate friends to his wedding party, like Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, and Chris Murphy, and will demand that they debate him at the reception whenever the guests clink their glasses with silverware.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »

Nah.

I think America can get used to a bachelor president. Considering there's now a large unmarried population in the US than ever before, I think we might get a large number of bachelor/bachelorette presidents in the future. Much like how we're suddenly getting a lot of non-veteran Presidents in the last 20 years.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »

I don't think he cares enough about keeping a beard, no.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »

Hope he marries a guy.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 11:10:15 AM by The Arizonan »

Nah.

I think America can get used to a bachelor president. Considering there's now a large unmarried population in the US than ever before, I think we might get a large number of bachelor/bachelorette presidents in the future. Much like how we're suddenly getting a lot of non-veteran Presidents in the last 20 years.

Back in the fifties and sixties, when my father was young, if you were unmarried, people generally believed that something was wrong with you.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:29:34 PM »

Nah.

Back in the fifties and sixties, when my father was young, if you were unmarried, people generally believed that something was wrong with you.
That's still true today.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »

Booker is gay.

If he gets married, it's going to be to a dude.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »

Booker is gay.

My gaydar doesn't even ping on him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »

Nah.

MM876
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »

Gay or not, if he decides he's running I have no doubt Booker will get married before 2020. While I dislike him personally, I don't think it's unfair to say that with his contributions from Wall Street he understands when political expediency is (allegedly) necessary, and it really kind of is when campaigning for the presidency, especially when he'll already start off behind running as a perceived corporatist 'shill'.

But hey, the man's got two years https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/844996730449899520?utm_source=AOL&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Mindy+Kaling+Says+%22Yes%22+to+Dinner+With+Sen.+Cory+Booker and it looks like he's getting the jump on it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »

AFAIK, he's still with Cleo Wade (though maybe that's changed?), so I'm not sure the Mindy Kaling thing is a real "date".
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

Booker is gay.

My gaydar doesn't even ping on him.

Then you have crappy gaydar.

houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »

Or you have sh**tty judgment. He's not gay and has been in relationships (with women) before, as a lot of people who've lived in/around Newark can tell you.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »

Or you have sh**tty judgment. He's not gay and has been in relationships (with women) before, as a lot of people who've lived in/around Newark can tell you.

There are gay men who are married to women and have children, so I don't care if he's been in relationships with women before.

HE GAY

Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »

We have removed the taboos toward sex outside of marriage.  The idea that a President is a bachelor who is "getting some" with (a) female partner(s) but isn't married isn't going to horrify any of the folks who might vote for Booker.  For better or worse, these are today's mores, and they are shared, pretty much, by large majorities from age 70 on down.  Indeed, more scorn would be heaped Booker's way if he got married solely for the benefit of his candidacy.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »

Nah.

That's still true today.

In some regions it is, here in Houston it's a mixture. I'm not married yet, no one says anything.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 04:22:10 AM »

Nah.

That's still true today.

In some regions it is, here in Houston it's a mixture. I'm not married yet, no one says anything.

It used to be that if someone was over 30 and had never been married, people would just quietly assume they were gay. Now gay people can get married, so that explanation is out the window and you're left with, "They must be too crazy/weird for anyone to stay with them."
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »

The family unit matters to a country that elected Donald Trump?
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »

No.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »

I'm also curious about whether Cuomo will marry Sandra Lee within the next two years, in anticipation of a run for president.  She seemed to be dropping hints here:

http://pagesix.com/2017/02/17/sandra-lee-drops-major-wedding-hint-to-gov-cuomo/
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

Looks like he's still dating Cleo (they've been together since at least September), as they're vacationing together in Jamaica:

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/cory-booker-holidays-treasure-beach-easter

So marriage before Booker launches his presidential campaign is certainly *possible*.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 11:23:48 AM »

Why does anyone think people care about this? The exact type of people who would seemingly be concerned about a president without a monogamous, heterosexual family were the same who voted for a twice-divorced sexual assailant recently. That says enough about how ideology trumps every single moral concern for some people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies