50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:04:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria  (Read 20363 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2017, 12:19:35 AM »

Pretty cool that all it takes to win over the #Resistance crowd is dropping bombs on another Muslim nation.

If there is one thing Democrats and Republicans can agree on it's dropping bombs on brown people.

Sounding dangerously liberal are we?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:19 AM »

Pretty cool that all it takes to win over the #Resistance crowd is dropping bombs on another Muslim nation.

If there is one thing Democrats and Republicans can agree on it's dropping bombs on brown people.

RINO Treasurer
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change.

-high five-
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2017, 12:34:50 AM »

Another one of my least favorite people sends his approval:

Yeah, the Re$i$tance types were never a genuine mass movement.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2017, 12:54:37 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change. Should have happened much earlier.

Btw: This is pretty hilarious with hindsight:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/255784560904773633

I don't actually mean to needle you. I just don't like the the “both sides bomb brown people,” as it conveniently transforms US foreign policy into some sort of racist imperialist schema.

My opinion is that stopping murderous dictatorships isn't a bad thing when we have a sound strategy and a international coalition behind our objective.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2017, 12:55:44 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change.

-high five-

"If I've lost TN Volunteer, then I've lost Middle America."
- Donald J. Trump
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:11 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change. Should have happened much earlier.

I don't actually mean to needle you. I just don't like the the “both sides bomb brown people,” as it conveniently transforms US foreign policy into some sort of racist imperialist schema.

My opinion is that stopping murderous dictatorships isn't a bad thing when we have a sound strategy and a international coalition behind our objective.

Bruh, you're closer to the truth than you might think. Look at Puerto Rico.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:29 AM »

Another one of my least favorite people sends his approval:

Yeah, the Re$i$tance types were never a genuine mass movement.
There were many decent Republican voters who switched to Clinton for well-meaning reasons. However, the Never Trump Republicans were basically capitalists who thought that Trump would increase taxes on the rich and cut the military industrial complex. Now that they know none of that is happening, they are coming back in droves. Scum suckers.

Oh, I agree, though unfortunately I was actually thinking more of the types in the Democratic Party who are now "open-mindedly" applauding this.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »

-high five-

- Donald J. Trump

There's some truth to this.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2017, 12:59:03 AM »

-high five-

- Donald J. Trump

Maybe he'll gain some angry women in exchange? Tongue
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »

-high five-

- Donald J. Trump

Those even more gone now, 0% favorability.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2017, 01:05:39 AM »

-high five-

- Donald J. Trump

Those even more gone now, 0% favorability.
It was a joke, obviously.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2017, 01:09:31 AM »

ISIS is now launching an attack near the airfield we just bombed https://mobile.twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/850189277975719936
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2017, 01:09:35 AM »

This just popped up on RT:

Putin believes US attack on Syria violates international law

President Putin “regards the strikes as aggression against a sovereign nation,” his spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, noting that the president believes the strikes were carried out “in violation of international law, and also under an invented pretext.”
Peskov also insisted that “the Syrian army doesn’t have chemical weapons,” saying this had been “observed and confirmed by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, a special UN unit.”

https://www.rt.com/news/383815-putin-us-syria-aggression/
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2017, 01:10:19 AM »

Bruh, you're closer to the truth than you might think. Look at Puerto Rico.

This is an incomplete picture of our foreign policy. The United States has since the end of World War II premised on  advancing our position as a superpower.  Yes we've done very racist things like overthrow Iran's Mossadegh, Guatemala, Nicaragua, but we've also sent troops to Iraq and Somalia and we've undertaken peacekeeping missions around the world. We've been in Afghanistan since 2001.

The more complex reality is that we act schizophrenic at times but in general we execute policies that we believe will maintain American hegemony around the globe. This includes maintaining an international order that benefits us on many levels.

It's not so black and white. Trump's behavior tonight may, may not be in keeping with that stated American objective.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2017, 01:11:37 AM »

Also hilarious are the dozens of tweets saying what a bad idea an attack on Syria is.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2017, 01:24:38 AM »

#MakeISISGreatAgain
Klartext89

« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:48 AM »

Hope the RUUUUUSSSSIIAAA Folks are happy now...
Klartext89

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2017, 01:47:57 AM »

But Russia!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2017, 01:48:49 AM »

Someone's not happy about the Syrian strikes and is deflecting.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2017, 01:52:38 AM »

Haha, it's okay. Tongue The GOP doesn't need my vote, and I'm sure there are tons of #NeverTrump Republicans waiting to jump on the Trump train considering that he's basically been governing like a generic Republican so far.

I'm definitely not going to support Trump in 2020 (no matter what he does), but down ballot and for other offices I'll still be open to voting for Republicans, of course. I just don't want to have anything to do with a party that embraces the failed policies of the Bush (and also Obama) era and a man who breaks all of his promises.

Missed this. Yes I'm surprised how generic Republican he has been. Had he not had the Russian issue, and the whole racial issues around the alt right, the Muslim ban, and so on, I probably would've stomached him long enough to vote for him.

He's burned too many bridges with me but there's no doubt Trump has started governing as a conventional Republican.
Klartext89

« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2017, 01:54:20 AM »

I'm living in the middle of Europe, so of course I'm NOT happy with the danstger of WW III on the horizon! But I don't blame Trump, I'm blame all of this stupid, butthurt Leftists and Neocons with their Russia psychosis, cause it makes everything damn hard to manage. We would need an immediate meeting Trump-Putin but Trump simply can't do because of all this FUCCCCING idiots in the media etc who can't handle the election results!!!!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2017, 01:55:53 AM »

I'm living in the middle of Europe, so of course I'm NOT happy with the danstger of WW III on the horizon! But I don't blame Trump, I'm blame all of this stupid, butthurt Leftists and Neocons with their Russia psychosis, cause it makes everything damn hard to manage. We would need an immediate meeting Trump-Putin but Trump simply can't do because of all this FUCCCCING idiots in the media etc who can't handle the election results!!!!

Okay, thank you for confirming. I had a suspicion but I wasn't sure. As you were; carry on.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:57 AM »

And today (just ending on the west coast) was the 100th anniversary of the US entering World War 1.
Klartext89

« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2017, 02:32:32 AM »

Okay, thank you for confirming. I had a suspicion but I wasn't sure. As you were; carry on.

Actually I just read that Russian and Syrian Military got the instruction (from the US) to leave the target. And that there will not be more attacks (to benefit ISIS).

So, all in all it seems like great leadership from Trump to show US strength and send a clear message.

But I'm still very much in question whether it's not based on a false flag Action by Turkey and ISIS. I simply can't see any need and Profit for Assad in "going chemical" against civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies