50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria  (Read 20358 times)
henster
YaBB God

« on: April 06, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »

What is the endgame? Are we now taking out Assad and what comes after him. The "rebels" are not trustworthy.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »

This is why I was resistant to Obama's/Hillary's effort to bomb Syria because once you follow through you have to commit to it. Taking out Assad and being on the ground to stabilize the situation and it cannot be done all from air.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »

I know its cruel but Syria is no imminent threat to us and its better to let things play out. There are atrocities being committed everyday in NK but we tolerate it, Syria just doesn't have nukes.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »

I know its cruel but Syria is no imminent threat to us and its better to let things play out. There are atrocities being committed everyday in NK but we tolerate it, Syria just doesn't have nukes.

Uhh, pretty sure we're going into North Korea too. Trump seems dead set on fixing the world's worst problems once and for all to be his defining accomplishment.

The options for NK are limited because Seoul would be leveled within minutes and millions would die they'd probably target Japan too.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:59:55 PM »

From @SenSchumer: “Making sure Assad knows that when he commits such despicable atrocities he will pay a price is the right thing to do."
https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/850176931920318464

Thank God, soldiers at Al-Shayrat said no casualties. No Russians hit. Most missiles struck the same area on the airfield.
https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/850170441863966720

WHEW!!!

I don't want to get into conspiracies but I could imagine Putin/Trump having a talk and staging an attack.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »

So Russians and likely Syrians were warned before the attack and no casualties and little damage according to that tweet. Hmmm...
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »

The base is up and operational again and the Syrians continue strikes as if nothing happened. I don't see this as anything other than political theater.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies