50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:37:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria  (Read 20327 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »

BUHHH MUHHH DOVE TRUMP. MUH DOVEEEEE.

Seriously guys, this is a tragedy at best. Sigh...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:18 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »

On Twitter, lots of Trump's supporters are not happy about this at all. They think he's going against what he ran on.

Because he is, but we saw that from a mile away.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »

On Twitter, lots of Trump's supporters are not happy about this at all. They think he's going against what he ran on.
A lot of people who support Trump on twitter are in all honesty, paid Putin trolls. This is a good thing.
You're endorsing a conspiracy theory from the left now?

Anything to keep the narrative going and the cognitive dissonance from setting in.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »

You "moderate" Republicans are so typical. You talk about being pro-life and protecting the weak, yet when the US bombs a foreign country and starts a war that will certainly kill many innocents, you cheer. Screw off.
So we should just allow them to kill their own people?

How the FK is this our business!?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »

You "moderate" Republicans are so typical. You talk about being pro-life and protecting the weak, yet when the US bombs a foreign country and starts a war that will certainly kill many innocents, you cheer. Screw off.
So we should just allow them to kill their own people?

How the FK is this our business!?
You as a human have the right to protect others. Honestly, if you saw a man getting beaten would you try and stop the attacker? I would, i would try and help the man. Violence is not always the answer, but sometimes its the easiest one.

Sure, this is why we coordinate with other nations for relief and rescue. The US government thinks it's god damned World Police. We keep getting into wars that only end up inflicting more harm on the people we're supposedly trying to save, and then destroy our economies and sacrifice American lives in the process. Did you learn nothing from the Bush wars?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

A quagmire is a situation which is hard to get out of and only gets worse the longer you stay in- think Iraq.
I don't know much about iraq, i was too young to like know/understand. All i know is we asserted ourselves, got into some fights, and it was a bad like war. I think. Not even sure if it was a war, or if we won.

With all due respect, you should read up on history before commenting on present events.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »

Congress needs to delay the Gorsuch vote, Ryan and McConnell need to convene Congress to have a debate about this Syrian strike.

U.N. needs to convene tomorrow morning in Manhattan.

You can bet that the former isn't happening. They'll just turn their heads away as they praise the military action.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

CNN homepage says Russians were on the base that was targeted. I assuming KIA because it's 50 cruise missiles. This really blows it up (no pun intended) if confirmed.

Oh dear, please no.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »

There is no right answer here. I don't get why people are freaking out so much.

The right answer was to not escalate this.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »

There is no right answer here. I don't get why people are freaking out so much.

The right answer was to not escalate this.

Assad already did that by gassing his own people.

We are NOT the world police. We shouldn't be escalating international strife unilaterally like this. There wasn't even debate in Congress.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 09:53:12 PM »

We needed Feingold in the senate to talk some common sense like he did back then. The US government is foaming at the mouth again.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

Sounding dangerously liberal are we?

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change.

-high five-
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:11 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change. Should have happened much earlier.

Btw: This is pretty hilarious with hindsight:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/255784560904773633

I don't actually mean to needle you. I just don't like the the “both sides bomb brown people,” as it conveniently transforms US foreign policy into some sort of racist imperialist schema.

My opinion is that stopping murderous dictatorships isn't a bad thing when we have a sound strategy and a international coalition behind our objective.

Bruh, you're closer to the truth than you might think. Look at Puerto Rico.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »

Oh, I wish the Democrats had a better foreign policy. In any case, there is nothing "liberal" about being isolationist. But you're probably right, its time for an avatar change.

-high five-

"If I've lost TN Volunteer, then I've lost Middle America."
- Donald J. Trump

There's some truth to this.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »

-high five-

"If I've lost TN Volunteer, then I've lost Middle America."
- Donald J. Trump

There's some truth to this.
Maybe he'll gain some angry women in exchange? Tongue

Those even more gone now, 0% favorability.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »

So we just wasted $100,000,000 and stuck our forks where they didn't belong on theatrics. Great.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »

Sen. Lindsey Graham says he supports putting 5,000-7,000 American troops in the ground in Syria to help take down Assad.
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/850380623709655041

Ughhhh please no
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

This is not a positive:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"But Hillary will be reckless because of how hawkish she is. She will escalate relations with Russia and lead us to WWIII!"
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »

Sen. Lindsey Graham says he supports putting 5,000-7,000 American troops in the ground in Syria to help take down Assad.

Ughhhh please no

Poor Arch. You've been dragged and screaming into this mess. You obviously abhor war. So my question to you is, what would you do about Assad using chemical weapons on his own people, murdering them for what purpose? When does the atrocity stop? And who has the capability of stopping it? Or what should be done in this situation?

Coordinate with other countries for a tactical and organized attack on multiple fronts to places that actually hurts Assad. Engage in a strategic move of resource attrition or send in special task forces to do the work that millions of dollars in artillery didn't do.

OR, establish relief efforts, helping citizens escape the regime and opening up the country to accept refugees.

I'm not even experienced with the military, but I can already tell where this is going based on what happened in Iraq and other foreign entanglements in the Middle East. This was a rash decision that was only meant to escalate American military activity in Syria. It's repeating all of the same mistakes we committed in Iraq all over again. One exception, you poor bloodthirsty soul, is that the man at the helm now is even more unstable and inexperienced than the one back then, which exacerbates the potential danger of an economic and international fallout scenario.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »

Ughhhh please no

Poor Arch. You've been dragged and screaming into this mess. You obviously abhor war. So my question to you is, what would you do about Assad using chemical weapons on his own people, murdering them for what purpose? When does the atrocity stop? And who has the capability of stopping it? Or what should be done in this situation?

Coordinate with other countries for a tactical and organized attack on multiple fronts to places that actually hurts Assad. Engage in a strategic move of resource attrition or send in special task forces to do the work that millions of dollars in artillery didn't do.

OR, establish relief efforts, helping citizens escape the regime and opening up the country to accept refugees.

I'm not even experienced with the military, but I can already tell where this is going based on what happened in Iraq and other foreign entanglements in the Middle East. This was a rash decision that was only meant to escalate American military activity in Syria. It's repeating all of the same mistakes we committed in Iraq all over again. One exception, you poor bloodthirsty soul, is that the man at the helm now is even more unstable and inexperienced than the one back then, which exacerbates the potential danger of an economic and international fallout scenario.

I like your ideas. They would probably work well, if we had the king of leadership that would buy into them.

Of course you know that Trump is a total "reactor" to events. What you are proposing would take quite some time to get up and running and Trump doesn't have the patience for it. Also, he has a total short attention span, so seems to me that the prospect of a long war like Iraq or Afghanistan etc. is slim. Trump just isn't interested in long-term thinking. And as for refugees, you are talking about a President who is trying to ban them or cut their numbers significantly from entering our country.

Just a question for you, what do you think should be done to schoolyard bullies? What is your opinion on how we should deal with bullying?

We can start by not electing them to office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies