Do you support the missile strikes on Syria? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:33:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support the missile strikes on Syria? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 180

Author Topic: Do you support the missile strikes on Syria?  (Read 9344 times)
Reluctant Republican

« on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:03 PM »
« edited: April 06, 2017, 10:54:00 PM by Reluctant Republican »

The mission was executed flawlessly, I'll concede, but I still oppose it. I'm worried that the President who said the new policy of the land is "America First" now suddenly is embracing internationalism because of media pressure. To me, that is the most frightening aspect of this, followed by the fact that Russian troops are also operating on the ground.

I largely agree with this. I don't see an upside to getting involved in this, other than poking a hornet's nest and ticking off Russia. There's no real benefit to us to justify the cost. If we absolutely need to be aggressive with anyone (and I'd really rather we'd not) It should be North Korea. That would be extremely costly, but at least there I believe it can be argued that NK poses or could pose a clear and present danger to us. Syria does not strike me as being at the same threat level.

I'd just rather we not go back to the Bush years, and seeing how all my least favorite people in the GOP have come out strongly in favor of these strikes, I don't really see the upside.

I remain unconvinced if it's good politics from Trump. He'll probably get something of a bump, but  a lot of the true believers will at least be... demoralized. I glanced at Breitbart which tends to be nearly 100% lockstep with him and they're rather annoyed. Dangerous line he's walking here.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies