Stockholm Terror Attack
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Stockholm Terror Attack
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stockholm Terror Attack  (Read 1964 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 12:24:04 AM »

If the truck was hijacked, then I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a spur of the moment thing due to our stupid actions last night.
Because everything in Europe was totally chill before that, and Sweden = literally Donald Trump despite not even being a NATO member?
It seems pretty spur of the moment to me. He'd have done it sooner or later, yes. But there is a reason why they are and have been killing us for years, and it is a hell of a lot more complicated than a few controversial passages of the Koran. They view us as occupiers. What we did last night did nothing to stabilize Syria and everything to only further inflame anti-American sentiment.

I mean, whatever your opinion on the military action this seems wrong. I don't see why Salafis would be particularly irritated at a strike aimed entirely at the leadership of the Syrian regime.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »

If the truck was hijacked, then I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a spur of the moment thing due to our stupid actions last night.
Because everything in Europe was totally chill before that, and Sweden = literally Donald Trump despite not even being a NATO member?
It seems pretty spur of the moment to me. He'd have done it sooner or later, yes. But there is a reason why they are and have been killing us for years, and it is a hell of a lot more complicated than a few controversial passages of the Koran. They view us as occupiers. What we did last night did nothing to stabilize Syria and everything to only further inflame anti-American sentiment.

I mean, whatever your opinion on the military action this seems wrong. I don't see why Salafis would be particularly irritated at a strike aimed entirely at the leadership of the Syrian regime.

The action of the US launching another attack in the Middle East itself plays to that image, regardless of who it was directed at or why.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 06:18:36 AM »

Um, Islamist terrorists don't like Assad anyway and Sweden has no connection to the US attack. I doubt that it had much to do with it.

The guy seems to have been caught, though police is obviously very reticent about it all. He's an Uzbeki citizen who worked in construction here.

It's pretty scary, Sweden isn't used to terrorism and this is basically the most central spot in Stockholm. Everyone is there all the time so everyone feels it could have been them. I myself was gonna go there yesterday afternoon, for example. Thankfully, no one I know seems to have fallen victim.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »

So an Islamist does a terrorist attack in Sweden because a completely unrelated country launched a missile attack on a regime Islamists hate. Great logic guys. Roll Eyes

Still this is obviously really sad and I can see how scary it'd be to anyone in Sweden. Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »

Western intervention alone sets them off. The enemy of their enemy is not their friend.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »

It seems the main suspect was another asylum seeker who's permit to stay in Sweden was rejected and who refused to be deported ...

He became an illegal and committed the attack and now the Swedish taxpayers have to feed this fu**er through for his entire prison term instead of this a**hole being deported back to where he came from.

Hopefully not, but I guess it's only a matter of time until something happens here in Vienna etc. as well.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »

Apparently the suspect is saying that he received an order directly from ISIS.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies