The story Trump wanted buried?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The story Trump wanted buried?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The story Trump wanted buried?  (Read 516 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2017, 09:41:31 AM »

We now know why Harry Reid was so pissed off in October 2016. Apparently Brennan thought the Russians were trying to help Trump as early as August, and by October the FBI agreed, but they refused to divulge the investigation:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/trump-russia-cia-john-brennan.html
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »

I thought the FBI didn't agree until December? I remember post-election, the FBI seemed to suggest that the Russians were more interested in fomenting chaos in the system than anything else.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »

Comey couldn't undermine Trump ahead of the election but he was more than happy to undermine Hillary Clinton.  He is a lifelong Republican after all and after conservative.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

I thought the FBI didn't agree until December? I remember post-election, the FBI seemed to suggest that the Russians were more interested in fomenting chaos in the system than anything else.

The article says FBI officials came around to the CIA view in October after Wikileaks. But apparently Huma's laptop is a bigger threat to national security than Russian hacking and manipulation.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »

From November 2, 2016:

This article -- again, from November 2016 -- specifically mentions the FBI looking into Manafort, Page, and Stone. Why was Comey's 'bombshell' from the hearing surprising again?

From December 10, 2016:
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »

From November 2, 2016:

This article -- again, from November 2016 -- specifically mentions the FBI looking into Manafort, Page, and Stone. Why was Comey's 'bombshell' from the hearing surprising again?

What bombshell hearing? Pre-election, it was not reported, as now we know was believed by both the CIA and FBI, that Russia was trying to influence the election specifically to help Trump, let alone that he was under FBI investigation for collusion.

[/quote]

That article was from last December. This article from the day Trump bombed Syria reveals that even in October, some FBI officials agreed with the CIA assessment.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »

From November 2, 2016:

What bombshell hearing? Pre-election, it was not reported, as now we know was believed by both the CIA and FBI, that Russia was trying to influence the election specifically to help Trump, let alone that he was under FBI investigation for collusion.

Yes, it was reported. I literally just linked you an article from before the election -- November 2, 2016 to be precise -- which mentioned the FBI was investigating links between the Trump campaign/associates and Russia. There's also this article from October 31, 2016.

That article was from last December. This article from the day Trump bombed Syria reveals that even in October, some FBI officials agreed with the CIA assessment.
[/quote]

Yes, and again, that is literally what I said. As I mentioned in my initial post in this thread, I remember into December, the FBI did not seem to be on the same page as the CIA re: whether or not Russia was acting explicitly to help Trump. This lack of consensus was frequently cited back in December. Therefore, the article you linked describes a change from what was originally reported.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »

I'd like you to stop posting thread titles as if you're a writer for Buzzfeed. Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies