Bill to Establish “Statesman Park” (NEVER MIND, WAS NOT REINTRODUCED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:23:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bill to Establish “Statesman Park” (NEVER MIND, WAS NOT REINTRODUCED)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill to Establish “Statesman Park” (NEVER MIND, WAS NOT REINTRODUCED)  (Read 1175 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2005, 06:32:08 AM »
« edited: August 01, 2005, 07:46:29 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

As introduced by Sen. PBrunsel:

Bill to Establish “Statesman Park”

Be it enacted by the Senate here assembled:

Section 1: A “Statesman Park” will be established through the Atlasian National Park System.

Section 2: The park will be established to commemorate the history of such Atlasian Statesmen, ranging from Presidents, to Senators, to Governors, to Cabinet members.

Section 3: Bronze statues will be erected to their memory as well as a plaque commemorating their achievements.

Section 4: This park will be established in Arlington, Virginia.

Section 5: Funding will come from those penalties under the Preserving Our National Parks Act.

I hereby open debate on this bill.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 06:46:47 AM »

Well Mr. Brunsel isn't here at the moment so we really can't get a figure from him for how much this will cost.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:30:13 AM »

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 07:48:08 AM »

Kind of a waste of money...
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 07:53:10 AM »

While I can see why PBrunsel is doing this, I really think this is essentially the government giving money to itself, which is not exactly the best use of the taxpayers' money.  I don't really think they want us putting up statues of ourselves just for the heck of it.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2005, 08:49:42 AM by Emsworth »

I think that this bill was not reintroduced in the Expired Legislation Thread. Hence, I did not introduce it, per the OSPR. Instead, I brought forward the Atlasian Tax Reform Bill as the fourth bill on the Senate floor.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 12:30:08 PM »

I say mine should be biggest Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 01:07:52 PM »

Plus isn0t it a bit tasteless to erect alive people statues?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 01:12:46 PM »

I think that this bill was not reintroduced in the Expired Legislation Thread. Hence, I did not introduce it, per the OSPR. Instead, I brought forward the Atlasian Tax Reform Bill as the fourth bill on the Senate floor.

Yep, if it wasn't reintroduced there, it shouldn't be here.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 02:05:36 PM »

Well I could have guessed there would be problems with this. Most of us our boring sticks-in-the-mud who would prefer to argue tax policy. Wink

Anyway, I introduced this so that we could have a thread in the one of the Fantasy Governemnt sections where when people wanted to know about an elected official or a part of our nation's history they could go to "Statesman Park" (especially if Atlas Wiki was down).

About funding, I gave how qwe would earn money for this without rasing taxes. Simply use money taken from fines from the legislation I brought up in the lastr section of this bill.

For MasterJedi, I have figured a ball park number of $20 million (about the same price it took to build President's Park, also in Virginia) and tghe upkeep of it would be expensive. ut I feel that we must focus on preserving our history. This is not a "give away of tax dollars", this will benefit the people.

The regular citizen can go to this park (thread literally) and read about our precious history as a great Republic. I don't think educating our citizens on our great past will hurt them and it will more preparem them and ourselves to see a better future as we base our decisions and our charecter on the great men of the past. I ask you to please look past the cost and instead look to preserving and protecting our nation's history.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

Well I could have guessed there would be problems with this. Most of us our boring sticks-in-the-mud who would prefer to argue tax policy. Wink

Anyway, I introduced this so that we could have a thread in the one of the Fantasy Governemnt sections where when people wanted to know about an elected official or a part of our nation's history they could go to "Statesman Park" (especially if Atlas Wiki was down).

About funding, I gave how qwe would earn money for this without rasing taxes. Simply use money taken from fines from the legislation I brought up in the lastr section of this bill.

For MasterJedi, I have figured a ball park number of $20 million (about the same price it took to build President's Park, also in Virginia) and tghe upkeep of it would be expensive. ut I feel that we must focus on preserving our history. This is not a "give away of tax dollars", this will benefit the people.

The regular citizen can go to this park (thread literally) and read about our precious history as a great Republic. I don't think educating our citizens on our great past will hurt them and it will more preparem them and ourselves to see a better future as we base our decisions and our charecter on the great men of the past. I ask you to please look past the cost and instead look to preserving and protecting our nation's history.

We can settle if we make the statues in concrete. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »

Now that's not actually a bad idea.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 07:05:35 PM »

Yep, if it wasn't reintroduced there, it shouldn't be here.
Correct.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 07:46:15 PM »

Yes, never mind, I'm an idiot. Smiley

I'll lock this thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »