Should pre-op transgender men be allowed to go topless?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should pre-op transgender men be allowed to go topless?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should pre-op transgender men be allowed to go topless?
Yes

No

Yes, and should cisgender women

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Should pre-op transgender men be allowed to go topless?  (Read 1181 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

Option 3 certainly, but I'd be interested in seeing arguments for 1 and 2.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 06:45:56 PM »

Nobody should be topless or nude in public period. The only people who want this are weirdos.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »

Agreed, the problem is that we are too generous to men on the issue, not that we aren't generous  enough with women.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »

Agreed, the problem is that we are too generous to men on the issue, not that we aren't generous  enough with women.

amen.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »

Nobody should be topless or nude in public period. The only people who want this are weirdos.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »

It depends of the place (and that's why this actually is an issue that's best left to local authorities than to federal or even State laws), but there should be no gender discrimination, so option 3 and what Sanchez said are the only two acceptable choices.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:39:43 PM »

No, that's indecent exposure.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 08:03:05 PM »

Option 3 certainly, but I'd be interested in seeing arguments for 1 and 2.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »

My issue is that some fat men are allowed to go topless, many of whom have bigger boobs than their wives. If large-breasted cis-gendered men are allowed to go topless, so should anyone else. However, if there are to be laws on this subject, they should be without respect to gender. If there is to be a law against being topless, it should apply to everyone.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 08:30:06 PM »

amen.
Preach.
Rjjr77
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 09:28:17 PM »

My issue is that some fat men are allowed to go topless, many of whom have bigger boobs than their wives. If large-breasted cis-gendered men are allowed to go topless, so should anyone else. However, if there are to be laws on this subject, they should be without respect to gender. If there is to be a law against being topless, it should apply to everyone.

The issue with toplessness isn't about the size of breasts, male or female...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »

I'm not against nude beaches/private naturalism. Just not on Tennessee Street.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »

It depends of the place (and that's why this actually is an issue that's best left to local authorities than to federal or even State laws), but there should be no gender discrimination, so option 3 and what Sanchez said are the only two acceptable choices.

I agree with this. Having different legal standards for the conduct of men and women is illiberal policy, and such legal distinctions drawn between equal members of the liberal society ought not exist.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »

I didn't say it was, but what is the logical reason why the law says women must cover up while men have no such restriction?
Rjjr77
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

I didn't say it was, but what is the logical reason why the law says women must cover up while men have no such restriction?

The reason in place has long been considered a "modesty" aspect. Women's breasts are different than men's in both function and fashion, and as such are seen differently.

Double standards exist, for both men and women.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 10:26:12 PM »

The reason in place has long been considered a "modesty" aspect. Women's breasts are different than men's in both function and fashion, and as such are seen differently.

I asked for a logical reason. That is not a logical reason. Many places don't even allow for the function of women's breasts in public. I'm well-aware of double-standards in law, double-standards that benefit men over women of course. Once again, I ask for a logical reason for such laws, not social conservative pretence.
Rjjr77
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »

I asked for a logical reason. That is not a logical reason. Many places don't even allow for the function of women's breasts in public. I'm well-aware of double-standards in law, double-standards that benefit men over women of course. Once again, I ask for a logical reason for such laws, not social conservative pretence.

There are double standards that benefit women over men as well. Double standards are going to exist, because men and women are not the same, there are differences.

Again just because something is shared by social conservatives, doesn't make it illogical.

Public nudity is both a hygiene and moral hazard in the minds of most. Despite the morality issues (young children etc.) public nudity also leads to hygiene issues, as well as other concerns from exposure (injury for example)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 01:01:31 AM »

uh... i guess no. i don't really want to live near that. but maybe at the beach or something. just as long as i don't have to see it.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 01:03:08 AM »

There are double standards that benefit women over men as well. Double standards are going to exist, because men and women are not the same, there are differences.

Again just because something is shared by social conservatives, doesn't make it illogical.

Public nudity is both a hygiene and moral hazard in the minds of most. Despite the morality issues (young children etc.) public nudity also leads to hygiene issues, as well as other concerns from exposure (injury for example)
great post, stick around.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

This is definitely the critical political question of 2017. I say we put Congress on hold until this existential crisis is resolved immediately.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 05:20:52 AM »

I guess we should all dress as Haredi Jews, it's the only way to protect ourselves from viruses (viri?) and bacteria.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:33 AM »

This
Rjjr77
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »

I guess we should all dress as Haredi Jews, it's the only way to protect ourselves from viruses (viri?) and bacteria.
Not what I'm saying at all but nice appeal to ridicule
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 11:02:16 AM »

Would these same hygienic issues apply to men, though?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

Perhaps more interestingly, what about transgender women? At what stage during HRT does a manly, viewable, non-pixel requiring chest become the boobs that would clearly scar the minds of children?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies