HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:14:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !  (Read 3375 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2017, 11:29:40 PM »

Misogyny -  "Certainly, misogyny played a role. That has to be admitted," she said. Clinton added that "some people — women included — had real problems" with the idea of a woman president. “With men, success and ambition are correlated with likeability. With a woman, guess what? It’s the exact opposite.”

She said the combination of Comey's actions and the WikiLeaks' revelations "had the determinative effect." About her own role, she said, "There were things I could have done better.

“I am doing pretty well, all things considered,” .“The aftermath of the election was so devastating. Everything that has come to light in the days and weeks since have been all so troubling. I just had to make up my mind that yes, I was going to get out bed, and yes, I was going to go out for long walks in the woods, and spend time with my family.” "I thought I was going to win, and I had a really good transition operation going,"

New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof asked Clinton, “I’m looking for lessons learned, and in particular…to what extent do you assign blame Bernie Sanders, to the media, for focusing on emails…” Clinton chimed in, “How much time do we have?”

Source - http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-explains-why-she-really-lost-trump-n743581
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »

I'm really getting sick of the piling on Clinton from both the right and the left. It's been months, just leave her alone.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:33:02 PM »

She only spoke truth. Plus, you've already made this thread 20 times.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »

The Goldwater girl still won't accept that she lost to someone less popular than Goldwater. Sad!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 11:49:22 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2017, 11:51:01 PM by Virginia »

What she said wasn't exactly incorrect. She had her own problems, the email "scandal," and her own admission of lack of political talent, but regardless this is hardly threadworthy Shadows. We get it. She should acknowledge a big part was her own fault, but at the same time you acting like none of what you just mentioned cost her a lot of votes is absurd.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 12:14:09 AM »

HRC should convey that dems should only blame her, and not blame anything else, because Trump should have lost by 15 points. Sure, Comey, etc. not happening may have gotten her across the line by 30 votes, but that doesn't matter - she should have been marching to a 15 point victory given her opponent. Hillary, as usual, ignores the facts - which show that every election she's ever run in has either been uncompetitive or showcases her inability to win. She's just a bad candidate. Nothing else to see here.

That being said, I'm not sure that it's actually necessary to keep having threads on the topic. The election is long over now, and it's not like Hillary is going to read this or ever respond to this question properly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »

I'm really getting sick of the piling on Clinton from both the right and the left. It's been months, just leave her alone.

If she weren't herself desperately trying to be the center of attention again, you'd have a point.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »

OMFG who cares? Plus as a Bernie fan I am getting really sick of hypocrisy from Bernie fans who jump down Hillary's throat over "she's just using Russia as an excuse" when they are the first to scream "Bernie was robbed!"
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »

Or she perhaps she lost because we have a fundamentally flawed Constitution that allows for someone to win nationally by nearly 3,000,000 votes and still not assume the highest office.

Fyi, I'm not saying the election was cheated somehow, just that it's insane that we have a system that allows for such a result based on the vote that we had.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »

She's right.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 12:30:57 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 12:43:23 AM by Dwarven Dragon »

Or she perhaps she lost because we have a fundamentally flawed Constitution that allows for someone to win nationally by nearly 3,000,000 votes and still not assume the highest office.

Fyi, I'm not saying the election was cheated somehow, just that it's insane that we have a system that allows for such a result based on the vote that we had.

Sorry, but we're voting for the president of the united states, not the president of California and New York. We need the electoral college for the other 48 states to have any real voice.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 12:32:36 AM »

The Senate is way less democratic anyways. In fact, the Democrats won the Senate popular vote (over the last 3 elections) by a larger margin, 14 million votes (halve that for a direct comparison).
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 12:35:04 AM »

The Senate is way less democratic anyways. In fact, the Democrats won the Senate popular vote (over the last 3 elections) by a larger margin, 14 million votes (halve that for a direct comparison).

The dems only won the senate popular vote in 2016 because CA was D vs. D.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 12:37:02 AM »

Sorry, but we're voting for the president of the united states, not the president of California and New York. We need to the electoral college for the other 48 states to have any real voice.

You've got a way bigger voice than I do.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 12:42:22 AM »

Sorry, but we're voting for the president of the united states, not the president of California and New York. We need to the electoral college for the other 48 states to have any real voice.

No one's stopping you from moving out of DC, assuming you have the finances to do so.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »

No one's stopping you from moving out of DC, assuming you have the finances to do so.

DC's not the problem, it's California. No one who lives in California has the right to talk about politics, really.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »

Is voters moving hither and thither across the land to maximize the value of their vote really something our electoral system should be set up to countenance?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 12:50:38 AM »

What she said wasn't exactly incorrect. She had her own problems, the email "scandal," and her own admission of lack of political talent, but regardless this is hardly threadworthy Shadows. We get it. She should acknowledge a big part was her own fault, but at the same time you acting like none of what you just mentioned cost her a lot of votes is absurd.

Those factors definitely contributed & she may have won without those issues. But her refusal to take any blame for losing to Trump is astounding. The way she she said "How many minutes do we have left?" & refused to answer the question when the reporter blamed Bernie for her defeat was also weird & she maybe even blames Bernie in her heart.

It was amusing how she talks about she had her whole transition team ready & now she is devastated & she says time & again "I was prepared to be President" - The election is over !
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »

Those factors definitely contributed & she may have won without those issues. But her refusal to take any blame for losing to Trump is astounding. The way she she said "How many minutes do we have left?" & refused to answer the question when the reporter blamed Bernie for her defeat was also weird & she maybe even blames Bernie in her heart.

It was amusing how she talks about she had her whole transition team ready & now she is devastated & she says time & again "I was prepared to be President" - The election is over !

I've been there. In her heart she probably blames herself more than anyone, but she feels that if she says it, the headlines will just be "Hillary admits she is to blame for defeat" and there are already enough people out there blaming her.

Also, Bernie's campaign did weaken her, no question. He (and others) gave left-wing credibility to attacks that Trump used to great effect during the GE, including that she was "crooked" and a shill for Wall Street.

The constant demands people have for ritualistic apologies or public displays of humility and shame from Hillary are just gaudy. Trump is worshipped precisely for his arrogance and shamelessness. Hillary doesn't owe anyone anything.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 01:02:27 AM »

Sorry, but we're voting for the president of the united states, not the president of California and New York. We need the electoral college for the other 48 states to have any real voice.

This is absolutely ridiculous. States should not be valued over people. Why should people who happen to live in the arbitrarily-established borders of Wyoming be so disproportionately represented over people who happen to live on the West coast? "President of California and New York." Give me a break. No one individual's vote should be more valued than any other individual's in the system. It's that simple. As it stands now the electoral college makes the denizens of 30+ states' votes not matter given that their states' results are a foregone conclusion by election day anyway!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »

This can't be stressed enough.

But I'd add that trying to beat someone who fits everything your detractors say they hate about you while somehow escaping AND managing to gaslight at every turn is a near impossible task.

That and being somehow inevitable despite so much baggage. The situation's no different from The Lizard and The Wizard, except The Wizard gets further ahead and more passes and The Lizard isn't even bragging about anything.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »

Misogyny? As soon as Donald Trump bragged about grabbing women by their crotches, he should have been defeated then and there. Likewise his proclivity for walking into women's changing rooms.

If President Trump's misogyny is not an instant disqualification, then we have a problem with people who can't see it as cause to vote for the opponent. OK, I once excoriated a political candidate who ran for a House seat and had oodles of speeding tickets, including 57 in a 25 zone (school zone?) Someone with that level of contempt for traffic laws does not have respect for laws. (She still won).

The election of Donald Trump suggests that enough of the electorate is stupid, gullible, or amoral enough to fall for a demagogue. Maybe that is the problem. People do fall for confidence artists and abusive spouses.  
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 01:18:45 AM »

Misogyny? As soon as Donald Trump bragged about grabbing women by their crotches, he should have been defeated then and there. Likewise his proclivity for walking into women's changing rooms.

If President Trump's misogyny is not an instant disqualification, then we have a problem with people who can't see it as cause to vote for the opponent. OK, I once excoriated a political candidate who ran for a House seat and had oodles of speeding tickets, including 57 in a 25 zone (school zone?) Someone with that level of contempt for traffic laws does not have respect for laws. (She still won).

The election of Donald Trump suggests that enough of the electorate is stupid, gullible, or amoral enough to fall for a demagogue. Maybe that is the problem. People do fall for confidence artists and abusive spouses.  

The election aside, the fact that someone like Trump has been able to become so successful in our society is the problem to begin with. Actually, there really is no American "society" anymore, just capitalism moving people around like pieces on a chess board, and what's bought and sold, plus marketing & pr, is a substitute for culture. We've always been like this in some ways but it's gotten worse.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »

How is that any different from when President Obama was reelected? Were it not for California and New York, by your definition, we would have had President Romney. I'm sorry that the two states  combine for over 20% of the US population, but that's how it works. And yes, I know how the Electoral College works. That was a painful lesson I learned when I was 13 back in 2000. I never fathomed realizing that again in my lifetime.

Honestly, the thing that probably disturbs me most about the 2016 election is that we (Democrats) lost the House popular vote by over 1%. That and considering where we lost Senate races tells me that we did not have a message that appealed to voters. At absolute worst, I thought we would get above 200 in the House and maybe a tie in the Senate.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 02:01:39 AM »

Wow, the thread title itself is dripping of the sexism she was talking about.  Can you Bernie bros just not help yourselves?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies