HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:55:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !  (Read 3362 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 02:17:12 AM »

This has gotten to the point where I can seriously imagine millennials huddled around in a nursing home in 2066 still arguing about what cost Hillary the 2016 election.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 02:28:56 AM »

What she said wasn't exactly incorrect. She had her own problems, the email "scandal," and her own admission of lack of political talent, but regardless this is hardly threadworthy Shadows. We get it. She should acknowledge a big part was her own fault, but at the same time you acting like none of what you just mentioned cost her a lot of votes is absurd.

Those factors definitely contributed & she may have won without those issues. But her refusal to take any blame for losing to Trump is astounding. The way she she said "How many minutes do we have left?" & refused to answer the question when the reporter blamed Bernie for her defeat was also weird & she maybe even blames Bernie in her heart.

It was amusing how she talks about she had her whole transition team ready & now she is devastated & she says time & again "I was prepared to be President" - The election is over !

I've been there. In her heart she probably blames herself more than anyone, but she feels that if she says it, the headlines will just be "Hillary admits she is to blame for defeat" and there are already enough people out there blaming her.

Also, Bernie's campaign did weaken her, no question. He (and others) gave left-wing credibility to attacks that Trump used to great effect during the GE, including that she was "crooked" and a shill for Wall Street.

The constant demands people have for ritualistic apologies or public displays of humility and shame from Hillary are just gaudy. Trump is worshipped precisely for his arrogance and shamelessness. Hillary doesn't owe anyone anything.

Obama called HRC a sell-out in 2008 & Warren said she sold votes after taking money from the financial companies. You can go back to 2008 - Michelle Obama saying someone who can't handle her own family has no right to run for the presidency or the HRC campaign insinuating that Obama may be killed, spreading weird pictures of Obama to tie to conspiracy theories, calling him worse than McCain etc! That was a vicious campaign, not 2016 ! Remember she even refused to acknowledge him & refused to mention him by name as an opponent. It was a 74 year old man vs the entire Dem establishment, Media establishment, DNC, Archaic rules & they all treated him disdain including HRC.

HRC went viciously on guns from the 1st debate when Bernie had given HRC a total pass on the FBI investigation. McCaskill implied Bernie was a communist before even the 1st caucus, Chelsea said Bernie wanted to take healthcare away, Bill viciously attacked Bernie, John Lewis discredited Bernie's involvement with civil rights, HRC lied about Bernie's automobile vote & called him a vigilante sympathizer & there are dozen other instances. Bernie would say to HRC's face while HRC would use under-handed vicious tactics & get her family, cronies, David Brock & Dem leaders to say nasty stuff.

To blame Bernie,when he was running to be President & ran a remarkably clean & policy driven campaign, is just not fair.  Do you want a coronation & no criticism?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 02:39:15 AM »

I'm really getting sick of the piling on Clinton from both the right and the left. It's been months, just leave her alone.

If she weren't herself desperately trying to be the center of attention again, you'd have a point.

Oh shut up, I guess it takes an attention whore to know one. If you even consider talking at random female empowerment events "trying to be the center of attention". Maybe you should try to lead by example if you want Clinton to shut up and never rear her head again.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 02:48:57 AM »

Wow, the thread title itself is dripping of the sexism she was talking about.  Can you Bernie bros just not help yourselves?

Bernie bros, Obama boys - Really? Highly disrespectful - As were the hired trolls by Correct the Record (spending 1M $) who would infiltrate Sander supporters forum & make the forums unbearable. How is the topic sexist?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 02:53:04 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 03:43:55 AM by JerryArkansas »

I'm really getting sick of the piling on Clinton from both the right and the left. It's been months, just leave her alone.

If she weren't herself desperately trying to be the center of attention again, you'd have a point.
Tony how about you stop trying to bitch over what Hillary does and says.  I really am getting tired of your true leftist douche bags beating a dead horse.  Get the hell over it dude.

And before all the people jump down my throat to say that I'm the one being a douche I admit I am one.  However, I also know when to stop harping over something, unlike many others here on Atlas.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:58 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 04:12:04 AM by AMA IL TUO PRESIDENTE! »

And before all the people jump down my trout

I'll let someone better at this than me figure out the best fish-related pun to use here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, glad we've cleared this up. 

That I'm not sure we can agree on.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 03:43:55 AM »

And before all the people jump down my trout

I'll let someone better at this than me figure out the best fish-related pun to use here.

Well, glad we've cleared this up. 

That I'm not sure we can agree on.
So instead of responding to the post, you try and be witty.  Why do I expect more out of you?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 03:49:46 AM »

I realize this is an unpopular and controversial opinion, but Hillary Clinton.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 04:03:44 AM »

Tony how about you stop trying to bitch over what Hillary does and says.  I really am getting tired of your true leftist douche bags beating a dead horse.  Get the hell over it dude.

And before all the people jump down my throat to say that I'm the one being a douche I admit I am one.  However, I also know when to stop harping over something, unlike many others here on Atlas.

Sorry, but I think Sanders' supporters are entitled to sh**t on Hillary all they want. She lost to Donald Trump, and she thinks it was Bernie Sanders' fault?

The man who went out of his way to campaign his heart out for her after such a bitter primary?

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 04:05:18 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2017, 04:08:06 AM by JerryArkansas »

Sorry, but I think Sanders' supporters are entitled to sh**t on Hillary all they want. She lost to Donald Trump, and she thinks it was Bernie Sanders' fault?

The man who went out of his way to campaign his heart out for her after such a bitter primary?

Has she ever said any of what you accuse her of doing or are you trying again to put words in her mouth?  Really what is with this damn obsession that you guys have on her.  You would think she was the devil or a Republican with all the bitching you guys do.

And no Sanders supports have no right to sh**t on her.   Remember, your god man lost to her by a huge margin.  He was just as bad as a candidate as she. 
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 04:09:53 AM »

Has she ever said any of what you accuse her of doing or are you trying again to put words in her mouth?  Really what is with this damn obsession that you guys have on her.  You would think she was the devil or a Republican with all the bitching you guys do.

And no Sanders supports have no right to sh**t on her.   Remember, your god man lost to her by a huge margin.  He was just as bad as a candidate as she. 

"To what extent do you assign blame to Bernie Sanders, to media for focusing on emails – " Kristoff started to ask.

"How much time do we have?" Clinton laughed after checking her watch.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 04:11:22 AM »

"To what extent do you assign blame to Bernie Sanders, to media for focusing on emails – " Kristoff started to ask.

A joke, that's all you have?  Reaching would be an understatement in this case.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2017, 04:13:27 AM »

Empty quote this if you have an opinion on Hillary Clinton

I think she would've made a damn good President considering the circumstances, but unless she had won overwhelmingly, I'm thinking her legislative initiatives would've been limited. And while I would have liked to have had the Supreme Court for a generation, I think the long-term prospects of the Democratic Party are as bright as they were from 2006-2009 (except we're probably getting a midterm with the winds at our backs). I hate to say it, but Donald Trump taking office was the best thing ever for Democrats come 2018. If we get the House back and a majority of governorships in 2018, I think we'll be in good shape for a new Democratic President come 2020 and throughout the new decade.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2017, 04:16:18 AM »

So she doesn't assign blame to Bernie or the e-mail scandal?

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2017, 04:19:06 AM »

Hillary people are blaming Obama, so I have no doubt they're blaming Bernie too. The entire Hillary campaign was such a dumpster fire.

https://www.axios.com/team-hillary-still-blames-obama-2227724004.html
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2017, 04:21:57 AM »

Hillary people are blaming Obama, so I have no doubt they're blaming Bernie too. The entire Hillary campaign was such a dumpster fire.

Reaching is also an understatement here as well.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 04:35:41 AM »

You still haven't answered my question.

You said it was a joke, but you're not denying that she assigns blame to Bernie Sanders.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 04:38:22 AM »

You said it was a joke, but you're not denying that she assigns blame to Bernie Sanders.
I did answer, it was a joke.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 04:43:43 AM »

Tony how about you stop trying to bitch over what Hillary does and says.  I really am getting tired of your true leftist douche bags beating a dead horse.  Get the hell over it dude.

And before all the people jump down my throat to say that I'm the one being a douche I admit I am one.  However, I also know when to stop harping over something, unlike many others here on Atlas.

Has she ever said any of what you accuse her of doing or are you trying again to put words in her mouth?  Really what is with this damn obsession that you guys have on her.  You would think she was the devil or a Republican with all the bitching you guys do.

And no Sanders supports have no right to sh**t on her.   Remember, your god man lost to her by a huge margin.  He was just as bad as a candidate as she.  

A joke, that's all you have?  Reaching would be an understatement in this case.

You didn't because the question I posed to you was:

"So she doesn't assign blame to Bernie or the e-mail scandal?"

"It was a joke" isn't an answer. It's either yes or no.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2017, 04:47:13 AM »

Dude, it was a joke, which means the answer is no.  Is your reading comprehension that low or are you being thick headed on purpose?
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2017, 04:52:34 AM »

Dude, it was a joke, which means the answer is no.  Is your reading comprehension that low or are you being thick headed on purpose?

I just find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that she doesn't assign blame to the e-mail scandal. That's what I'm getting at here.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2017, 04:56:19 AM »

I just find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that she doesn't assign blame to the e-mail scandal. That's what I'm getting at here.
She does assign blame on the e-mail stuff, but it's not on Sanders; which for some reason you really want it to be.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2017, 05:04:39 AM »

She does assign blame on the e-mail stuff, but it's not on Sanders; which for some reason you really want it to be.

She was asked by the interviewer how much do you assign blame to Bernie Sanders/the e-mails, and she responded with "where do I begin."

You said that because it was a joke she wasn't assigning blame to Bernie Sanders. I just assumed you felt the same way about the e-mail scandal because it was also a part of the question.

You seem determined to push the narrative that she doesn't assign blame to Bernie Sanders, when it's obvious that she does.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 05:09:09 AM »

She was asked by the interviewer how much do you assign blame to Bernie Sanders/the e-mails, and she responded with "where do I begin."

You said that because it was a joke she wasn't assigning blame to Bernie Sanders. I just assumed you felt the same way about the e-mail scandal because it was also a part of the question.

You seem determined to push the narrative that she doesn't assign blame to Bernie Sanders, when it's obvious that she does.
I'm the one pushing a narrative, yet you and others in this thread since before the election have been running with this Hillary is a witch narrative?  Yeah I'm going to stop now since you really don't care about arguing, but pushing you ''points''.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2017, 05:14:37 AM »

I'm the one pushing a narrative, yet you and others in this thread since before the election have been running with this Hillary is a witch narrative?  Yeah I'm going to stop now since you really don't care about arguing, but pushing you ''points''.

I never called her a witch, but okay.

It's nice to know that when you're proven wrong you just end the conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies