HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:31:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: HRC shirks blame for her loss & cites misogyny, Russia, Comey, Wikileaks !  (Read 3370 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2017, 11:22:23 AM »

i am totally confident the HRC team totally overestimated their own polling and ground game (which doesn't mean that those values don't count if your enemy isn't "screwing" the zeitgeist) but mostly we have learned, that republicans are far more willing to overlook faults in their own candidate.....AND that trump's message was better at activating a pool of non-voters than hillary was at attracting sub-urbanites.

+ EC, which killed the gains democrats made in the south.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »

Or she perhaps she lost because we have a fundamentally flawed Constitution that allows for someone to win nationally by nearly 3,000,000 votes and still not assume the highest office.

Fyi, I'm not saying the election was cheated somehow, just that it's insane that we have a system that allows for such a result based on the vote that we had.

Sorry, but we're voting for the president of the united states, not the president of California and New York. We need the electoral college for the other 48 states to have any real voice.
California and New York: No longer part of the United States?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »

always fascinating how those lists always seem to forger the proud republican states of texas and florida.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2017, 06:13:10 PM »

Or she perhaps she lost because we have a fundamentally flawed Constitution that allows for someone to win nationally by nearly 3,000,000 votes and still not assume the highest office.

Fyi, I'm not saying the election was cheated somehow, just that it's insane that we have a system that allows for such a result based on the vote that we had.

The Senate is way less democratic anyways. In fact, the Democrats won the Senate popular vote (over the last 3 elections) by a larger margin, 14 million votes (halve that for a direct comparison).
... If I said it's undemocratic that a majority of 2018 gubernatorial elections went Republican, despite the fact that the popular vote went Democratic(if this was hypothetically true), then would you understand just how stupid that argument is? Federalism is the great idea: Each individual state has a right to self-determination. This right to self-determination includes even the federal legislature. When the people of California vote 80% for a Democratic governor, does that mean many states that voted for a Republican Governor would then deserve a Democratic governor? This is the same way it works for the Senate.

The Senate acts as one body. The state governments don't except for ratifying constitutional amendments.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »

When was HRC polling so well with moderates? Now don't tell me a poll just after the Trump sexual assault tape stuff? She was consistently losing among Independents & doing poorly among Republicans against Freaking Trump.

Has there ever been a President who as nominee was called racist by his own parties speaker of the house or whose VP abandoned his campaign & ran off a bus or who had videos of bragging about sexual assaults. Trump was an incredibly weak candidate & he ran a horrible campaign.

If this was Bernie or Biden who lost the Presidency & sank Senate/House campaigns & lost the SC for a generation & if they had given this kind of responses, what would the response be? They would be hated & would live out their lives as the person who lose disgracefully to Trump. It is astounding & shocking how much protected Hillary is, some of her supporters are as extreme as Trump's & are beyond all criticisms !
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »

When was HRC polling so well with moderates? Now don't tell me a poll just after the Trump sexual assault tape stuff? She was consistently losing among Independents & doing poorly among Republicans against Freaking Trump.

Has there ever been a President who as nominee was called racist by his own parties speaker of the house or whose VP abandoned his campaign & ran off a bus or who had videos of bragging about sexual assaults. Trump was an incredibly weak candidate & he ran a horrible campaign.

If this was Bernie or Biden who lost the Presidency & sank Senate/House campaigns & lost the SC for a generation & if they had given this kind of responses, what would the response be? They would be hated & would live out their lives as the person who lose disgracefully to Trump. It is astounding & shocking how much protected Hillary is, some of her supporters are as extreme as Trump's & are beyond all criticisms !

Hillary did mention "there are some things I could have done better myself" and "as everyone knows I'm not perfect". The fact of the matter is though, she would have won without the Comey letter (which was completely unnecessary). The polling and other data shows it. Also prominent political scientists and pollsters agree. Hillary had a lot working against her, along with her team making the fatal error of basically ignoring blue collar white workers in the midwest, and instead going for moderate Republicans.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2017, 10:15:13 AM »

Oh yes, everyone and everything is responsible for her loss besides Hillary herself.

Poor Hillary.

Hopefully, we have reached the end of a Clinton presence in national politics.

I would like to see Hillary run for Mayor New York City however. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies