Bolton will be "weak" because he was appointed, not confirmed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bolton will be "weak" because he was appointed, not confirmed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bolton will be "weak" because he was appointed, not confirmed  (Read 3309 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 05:11:48 PM »

A perfect graph of how uneducated the polling community can be on the effects of raising the minimun (read that as "not living") wage.

It didn't ask for Republicans elites like MODU to talk about how uninformed people are, it asked for what people wanted.

*slaps dipstick over the head for being a partisan color-blind idiot*  There is a big difference between what people want and what the people need.  I want the government to buy me a house, and I'm sure I can find a million people who feel the same way.  Does that mean they owe me a house?  Of course not.  Just because a majority wants something doesn't mean it's good for the country.

(And actually, according to the site from which that figure comes from, I'm an an "Upbeat," not an "Enterpriser.")
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 05:16:46 PM »

A perfect graph of how uneducated the polling community can be on the effects of raising the minimun (read that as "not living") wage.

It didn't ask for Republicans elites like MODU to talk about how uninformed people are, it asked for what people wanted.

*slaps dipstick over the head for being a partisan color-blind idiot*  There is a big difference between what people want and what the people need.  I want the government to buy me a house, and I'm sure I can find a million people who feel the same way.  Does that mean they owe me a house?  Of course not.  Just because a majority wants something doesn't mean it's good for the country.

(And actually, according to the site from which that figure comes from, I'm an an "Upbeat," not an "Enterpriser.")

So you oppose the will of the people and think they're all idiots. even when it's 86%-12% when it disagrees with your right-wing Republican views? You are an extremist. I am in the moderate 86%, you are in the far right 12%. You can quit calling us 86% of American idiots. What makes you so smart, huh? ing hypocrite.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 05:21:20 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2005, 05:23:16 PM by jmfcst »

You are an extremist. I am in the moderate 86%, you are in the far right 12%. You can quit calling us 86% of American idiots. What makes you so smart, huh? ing hypocrite.

Well, given your stats, don't you find it strange that the elected representatives are more reflective of my opinion than of yours?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 05:25:49 PM »

So you oppose the will of the people and think they're all idiots. even when it's 86%-12% when it disagrees with your right-wing Republican views? You are an extremist. I am in the moderate 86%, you are in the far right 12%. You can quit calling us 86% of American idiots. What makes you so smart, huh? ing hypocrite.

hahaha . . . nice try, bingo.  Because, according to your take on polls, you would be an extremist on the left for your views on gay marriage (for example) since the majority doesn't want them.  

See, the problem when polls like this are taken is people don't stop and think what the chain of events would be.  People think "Oh yeah, let them have more money" since they are following an emotional response.  However, bumping the minimum wage up to a living wage will do many more harm than good, which is why Congress has always been slow about raising it since it's inception.   Sheesh, it's like no one takes economic classes any more.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 05:25:57 PM »

How is this the case?  France doesn't do confirmations either.  Is their diplomat "weak?"

The French are just naturally weak.

LMAO!!! Hehe. Nice one. Smiley
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 05:35:32 PM »

The average American is not a 'populist.' I really doubt 10% are.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2005, 05:52:19 PM »

Your doubt is misplaced then.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »

The vast majority of Americans are either conservatives or liberals. Very few would classify themselves as populists.

Thinking about economic issues, would you say your views on economic issues are --  Very conservative, Conservative, or Moderate, Liberal, or Very liberal?
Very conservative (4.84%), Conservative (37.33%), Moderate (41.35%), Liberal (11.14%), Very liberal (2.06%)

Thinking about social issues, would you say your views on social issues are -- Very conservative, Conservative, or Moderate, Liberal, or Very liberal?
Very conservative (5.39%), Conservative (30.28%), Moderate (38.72%), Liberal (17.22%), Very liberal (6.50%)

Would you favor or oppose making marijuana legally available for doctors to prescribe in order to reduce pain and suffering?
Favor 74%, Oppose 22%

As you may know, the federal income tax cuts passed into law since George W. Bush became president are set to expire within the next several years. Would you favor or oppose making those tax cuts permanent?
Favor 52%, Oppose 41%

As you may know, Federal inheritance taxes currently apply to estates valued at more than $1 million. A new proposal would eliminate all inheritance taxes on estates over $1 million as well. Would you favor or oppose that proposal?
Favor 60%, Oppose 35%

Which of the following arrangements between gay or lesbian couples do you think should be recognized as legally valid -- Same-sex marriages, Civil unions, but not same-sex marriages, or Neither same-sex marriages nor civil unions?
Same-sex marriages (21.02%), Civil unions, but not same-sex marriages (32.16%), Neither same-sex marriages nor civil unions (42.52%), DON'T KNOW (3.20%), REFUSED (1.10%)

That gives you a majority in favor of civil unions or better.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 06:40:49 PM »

Where are those poll numbers from?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 06:41:56 PM »

PHILIPUSA
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 06:45:55 PM »

http://brain.gallup.com/
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 06:48:45 PM »

So you're a paid subscriber at that site?  Or you found a bugmenot password that works?

Anyway I believe the numbers are genuine.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 06:52:55 PM »

Subscriber
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 07:09:51 PM »

hahaha . . . nice try, bingo.  Because, according to your take on polls, you would be an extremist on the left for your views on gay marriage (for example) since the majority doesn't want them. 

See, the problem when polls like this are taken is people don't stop and think what the chain of events would be.  People think "Oh yeah, let them have more money" since they are following an emotional response.  However, bumping the minimum wage up to a living wage will do many more harm than good, which is why Congress has always been slow about raising it since it's inception.   Sheesh, it's like no one takes economic classes any more.

A lot more than 12% are pro-gay marriage.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 07:10:57 PM »

The vast majority of Americans are either conservatives or liberals. Very few would classify themselves as populists.

Thinking about economic issues, would you say your views on economic issues are --  Very conservative, Conservative, or Moderate, Liberal, or Very liberal?
Very conservative (4.84%), Conservative (37.33%), Moderate (41.35%), Liberal (11.14%), Very liberal (2.06%)

Thinking about social issues, would you say your views on social issues are -- Very conservative, Conservative, or Moderate, Liberal, or Very liberal?
Very conservative (5.39%), Conservative (30.28%), Moderate (38.72%), Liberal (17.22%), Very liberal (6.50%)

Would you favor or oppose making marijuana legally available for doctors to prescribe in order to reduce pain and suffering?
Favor 74%, Oppose 22%

As you may know, the federal income tax cuts passed into law since George W. Bush became president are set to expire within the next several years. Would you favor or oppose making those tax cuts permanent?
Favor 52%, Oppose 41%

As you may know, Federal inheritance taxes currently apply to estates valued at more than $1 million. A new proposal would eliminate all inheritance taxes on estates over $1 million as well. Would you favor or oppose that proposal?
Favor 60%, Oppose 35%

Which of the following arrangements between gay or lesbian couples do you think should be recognized as legally valid -- Same-sex marriages, Civil unions, but not same-sex marriages, or Neither same-sex marriages nor civil unions?
Same-sex marriages (21.02%), Civil unions, but not same-sex marriages (32.16%), Neither same-sex marriages nor civil unions (42.52%), DON'T KNOW (3.20%), REFUSED (1.10%)

That gives you a majority in favor of civil unions or better.

Fiscally conservative is a cliche for people who don't realize that they're actually more liberal.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2005, 07:12:43 PM »

I'm sorry. Minimum wage is not the only economic issue, and you are not a moderate, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2005, 07:14:44 PM »

oooh, a whole 9% (depending on which poll you reference).

What a joke.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2005, 10:44:40 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2005, 10:54:57 PM by jfern »

What a joke.

Every real poll has over 30% that are pro-gay marriage, and a majority for civil unions, and it's much higher amoung the 18-29 group that is overrepresented on this forum. 9%? You are ing busted. Change your avatar to that of the lying Republicans. You are a disgrace to Independents everywhere.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2005, 11:01:04 PM »

Bolton will be weak because a representative sent to an international institution to destroy that institution, and to offend and harm the members of that institution, will naturally be resisted, waited out, and ignored. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 11:47:41 PM »

Bolton will be weak because a representative sent to an international institution to destroy that institution, and to offend and harm the members of that institution, will naturally be resisted, waited out, and ignored. 

"and to offend and harm the members of that institution"?  LOL!  Most of the members are thugs!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2005, 11:54:42 PM »

Except when Bolton makes proposals to clean the place up and they're rejected, Bush now has a case to pull some funding out. The UN may have to start whoring off to America if they don't want a chunk of their budget to go missing.
MissCatholic

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 03:58:15 AM »

I disagree. The president made his choice and Bolton represents him in the UN. So i think he will be fine.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 06:57:07 AM »

What a joke.

Every real poll has over 30% that are pro-gay marriage, and a majority for civil unions, and it's much higher amoung the 18-29 group that is overrepresented on this forum. 9%? You are ing busted. Change your avatar to that of the lying Republicans. You are a disgrace to Independents everywhere.

*dies laughin*  Oh, you kill me.  hahahahahaha
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 10:15:42 AM »

What a joke.

LOL! Looks like losing election after election is really getting to jfern!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2005, 10:44:32 AM »

What a joke.

LOL! Looks like losing election after election is really getting to jfern!

My side may have not done well with elections recently, but unlike your side, we haven't lost our integrity and still follow facts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies