The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:10:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 46398 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »

Ah, Trump won NV-02 52-39%. Amodei was a false no. David Young won in a district that backed Trump by just 3 points though which makes me wonder why he flipped. Does he assume Iowa is getting redder?

Beutler is from liberal Washington. But Trump won her district 50-42% so I'm guessing East Washington so she may feel safe to vote yes.

JHB is from SW WA which has its own peculiarities. Lot of dying logging towns and quirky Portland suburbs. Very unique culture compared to rest of state
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »

lmao, what madness wtf.
Klartext89

« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »

The vast majority of hard working American middle class families will pay less - that's the only thing that really cares and the reason why I can only smile when reading how bad this will be for the GOP in 2018. Forget about it. Obamacare is a failure, everyone knows it, even Dems in the Debate had to aknowledge that. Opposition to AHCA is only based to the typical media and Dem #FakeNews and hyperboles. As soon as the vast majority of people is seeing that they save money and are better off, the approval will get over 50%.

And now pass that bill! With a bit more than 1 vote...
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »

Pelosi: "it was dead and now it's come back to life, like a zombie!" She must have read this thread haha
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »

Thank you. Hopefully a miracle happens and this thing fails.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

The vast majority of hard working American middle class families will pay less - that's the only thing that really cares and the reason why I can only smile when reading how bad this will be for the GOP in 2018. Forget about it. Obamacare is a failure, everyone knows it, even Dems in the Debate had to aknowledge that. Opposition to AHCA is only based to the typical media and Dem #FakeNews and hyperboles. As soon as the vast majority of people is seeing that they save money and are better off, the approval will get over 50%.

What world are you living in? Because this shifts funding to the states again and allows for an opt-out, states that are strapped will take the opt-out shifting higher premium costs to the poor and middle class yet again. Economies of scale, economics, etc really aren't big things for these conservatives, esp the freedom (TP extremist) caucus.
swf541

« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »

No it won't you er and millions will loss their coverage and possibly  including myself go  yourself and party going to celebrate passing a bill to harm millions for a tax break on the wealthy

Hopefully dems slaughter the gop now in the midterms the only good thing about this is its great ammo for the midterms and special elections

People I know are going to go bankrupt or die because of this of it manages and I know it likely won't in the senate but still....
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

According to Tim Alberta, Paul Ryan is amazingly nervous, can't sit or stand still....
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »

When is the f**king vote expected to start?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »

Pelosi is really bullying those "Undecided"s right now haha
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »

Time tends to...er, stand still within the US Congress.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »

According to Tim Alberta, Paul Ryan is amazingly nervous, can't sit or stand still....

As well he should be pushing this heap.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »

He is really antsy about degrading the quality of life for Americans, says a lot. "Gotta get this done!!!"
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 12:46:08 PM by Confused Democrat »

Unpopular Opinion:

I like Nancy Pelosi.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »

Ryan thanking half the caucus on the floor.
Klartext89

« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »

Still has to pass the Senate. Then reconciliation (which I doubt you knew about until I told you to research it).  I noticed you were awfully quiet until this happened.

Do get 'round to a non 14 year old defense of the bill when you can. I'm sure we're eagerly waiting for your nuanced defense of the law. Something tells me you haven't even researched the law until I asked you about what you knew about healthcare in America.

As I said about Marty a lot of Trumpkins have a poor grasp of policy. Your posts seem to be in line with that.

Also um: Trumpy hasn't had a legislative victory before this one.

Sorry but neither do I take you seriously (after the Macron/LePen nonsense from you in the FRance thread) nor do I take lections from you. In my eyes, you simply have no clue what is going on and I'm by far better informed than you about Reconciliation. But I can wait, won't last long and I was right again. Like in March ;-)
Klartext89

« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »

What world are you living in? Because this shifts funding to the states again and allows for an opt-out, states that are strapped will take the opt-out shifting higher premium costs to the poor and middle class yet again. Economies of scale, economics, etc really aren't big things for these conservatives, esp the freedom (TP extremist) caucus.

Thanks for repeating Dem nonsense talking points who simply don't make any sense.
Klartext89

« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »

No it won't you er and millions will loss their coverage and possibly  including myself go  yourself and party going to celebrate passing a bill to harm millions for a tax break on the wealthy

Hopefully dems slaughter the gop now in the midterms the only good thing about this is its great ammo for the midterms and special elections

People I know are going to go bankrupt or die because of this of it manages and I know it likely won't in the senate but still....

The tragical thing is that you haven't read the bill but think you know (and understand) every site in it. Cool down. Don't let yourself be fooled by partisan hecks.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »

Unpopular Opinion:

I like Nancy Pelosi.

she is SUPER effective.

like ....even more unpopular opinion....turtleneck ( R - KY)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »

Time tends to...er, stand still within the US Congress.

Remember also, the leadership has the power to keep a vote open for hours as was a popular tactic during the Bush Administration. Expect amusing outrage on the floor when that happens.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »

Leigh Ann Caldwell @LACaldwellDC
A Source leaving whip Scalise's office predicts it passes with 217 leaving no margin of error #gophealthcare
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »

So they're saying 217 will vote yes. I anticipate the Senate killing this by making it vastly more moderate and unpalatable to the HFC.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

Comment on the Twitter search #AHCA "Oh @SpeakerRyan, you evil f-ing elf, you. #AHCA" I died laughing
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:55 PM »

Unpopular Opinion:

I like Nancy Pelosi.

she is SUPER effective.

like ....even more unpopular opinion....turtleneck ( R - KY)

Pelosi is a great tactician but a lousy messager.  Ryan is just the opposite.  If someone could combine their strong points, they'd have a leader who could get anything done.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »

Leigh Ann Caldwell @LACaldwellDC
A Source leaving whip Scalise's office predicts it passes with 217 leaving no margin of error #gophealthcare

So it will pass by 1 vote?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies