The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 46434 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »

This is just the beginning of the winning!

Hopefully we can build the wall, ban abortion, ban gay marriage, deport all the illegals and get rid of the anchors babies! USA!

From the bottom of my heart, go to hell.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2017, 01:37:11 PM »

Let's just hope that the people who die in the next few years are disproportionately Trump voters instead of people who didn't vote for any of this.

Thanks for 2018, Pubs.

nana, don't get nasty, trump voters have had pretty hard lives to start with and are getting screwed the most now anyway, in places lik AK/WV, etc.....no need to wish for deaths.

Yeah. Let's tone this down guys. Let's hope the Senate guts this monster that gutted the idea of providing adequate medical care to all.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

Both sides do it!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

Hopefully we can build the wall, ban abortion, ban gay marriage, deport all the illegals and get rid of the anchors babies! USA!

Please find another thread to troll on. Even better find a board that I don't moderate. Thanks.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »

I thought Classic Conservative didn't like the bill? I could be mistaken.

A flip side to everyone cheering how do you feel about preserving 80% of ObamaCare? You know the exchanges, subsidies, and the mandate is all still there right? The expansion will be moved leftwards in the Senate as well.

You do know that for all the changes we're still to the left of 2009?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »

Let's just hope that the people who die in the next few years are disproportionately Trump voters instead of people who didn't vote for any of this.

Thanks for 2018, Pubs.

nana, don't get nasty, trump voters have had pretty hard lives to start with and are getting screwed the most now anyway, in places lik AK/WV, etc.....no need to wish for deaths.

No, fck them.  Let natural selection run its course and purge the sick degenerates in this country.  I didn't vote for this.  Why should I lose my healthcare instead of some yahoo who perpetually votes themselves into poverty?
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »

Not sure why some Republicans here are so happy about members of Congress signing their own death warrants in 2018 for something not at all likely to pass.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »

Please find another thread to troll on. Even better find a board that I don't moderate. Thanks.

Give me 30 minutes with one of these people and I'll have them agreeing this bill is bad. I know they haven't read the bill or really understand what's in it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:26 PM »

Every California Republican voted for this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »

Wow, a major step backwards for the sick people in the US. God bless them.

Thank goodness we don't have these kinds of problems here and are able to rely on a well-functioning healthcare system that not only runs annual surpluses, but also has 3 Bio. € in assets. 99.9% of the population is covered (the other 0.1% who are uninsured and out of the net for some reason or the other get free care), even with pre-existing conditions and it's affordable.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »

Useful:

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2017, 01:43:48 PM »

A flip side to everyone cheering how do you feel about preserving 80% of ObamaCare? You know the exchanges, subsidies, and the mandate is all still there right? The expansion will be moved leftwards in the Senate as well.

Not exactly. The subsidies have been replaced with refundable tax credits that are mostly based on age, not income. The employer mandate has been repealed. The individual mandate has been replaced:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/04/news/economy/obamacare-republican-health-care/
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »

Give me 30 minutes with one of these people and I'll have them agreeing this bill is bad. I know they haven't read the bill or really understand what's in it.

TD,

You're an intelligent and logical person who isn't hellbent on partisanship, so you're open to facts and persuasion. People like Classic Conservative are not.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2017, 01:43:53 PM »

Yeah seriously. ACA is flawed but this bill just makes it even more flawed without fixing much of anything. GOP are morons
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2017, 01:44:24 PM »

How happy are Republicans going to be when vulnerable House incumbents' votes are used against them in 2018? After this goes down burning in the Senate (at least in its current form)

Winning right?

Also: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/house-democrats-sing-goodbye-to-republicans-as-health-care-bill-passes/2017/05/04/6278208a-30f7-11e7-a335-fa0ae1940305_video.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »

Portman comes out against the House bill:

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »

Hopefully every single one loses. I want to see Valado, Knight, Waters, Issa, and the rest lose badly after this sh*tfest.

Disgraceful.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2017, 01:45:44 PM »

Let's find out what the good people of Montana and the Georgia 6th think of this.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2017, 01:47:06 PM »

Loving all this winning!

Moderate 'Pubs represent!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »

The stupidity of Republicans never ceases to astound.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »

FTR only reason I'm freaking out about this now is that I get my health insurance from Obamacare.  (Plus I literally just woke up and I'm on lots of pills right now because of my sleeping issues.)  At least I get to go on Medicaid if worst comes to worst, so I'll be living off of krazen's sweet, sweet tax dollars if it all comes down to it.  North Carolina is unlikely to opt out unless the legislature were to force an opt-out.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #396 on: May 04, 2017, 01:48:52 PM »

Yet they have both houses and the Presidency sooooo...
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #397 on: May 04, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »

Yet they have both houses and the Presidency sooooo...
They lucked into both and are apparently set to throw both away with this vote. My point stands.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #398 on: May 04, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »

Let's find out what the good people of Montana and the Georgia 6th think of this.

not much, i guess, at least montana is too far gone but i think, there are going to be lots of other seats in appalachia, california, etc...
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #399 on: May 04, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »

TD,

You're an intelligent and logical person who isn't hellbent on partisanship, so you're open to facts and persuasion. People like Classic Conservative are not.

I might be but look at my posts from 2014-2016. I was a pretty rabid partisan Republican. I still am a Republican in registration (and as late as April 2016 I voted Cruz). In all honesty it took Trump to convince me that the Party was on a dangerous path and this bill proves it. The Republican Party would rather win on partisan grounds than preserve our market based insurance system, thus leading to collapse faster.

I'm more angry that the GOP chose to legislate ad hoc on 1/6 of the economy without understanding why health care is such a huge deal anyway. Donald Trump and people like CC don't really care whats in the final bill -- hell they could put single payer in it and if they got credit they would claim it a great conservative victory.

There's a certain blindness on the Right that parallels 1970s liberalism in ignoring the new era we are in. Health insurance costs have vastly outpaced inflation and is fairly inelastic in that there's a considerable demand for it that won't go away or can be substituted.

This is the problem. Instead of finding a solution they chose to figure out the most radical ideas and didn't assess if they would make healthcare better.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies