The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 46894 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 03, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »

They had seven years to come up with a coherent ~conservative health care solution~. SEVEN ING YEARS OF CONSTANTLY RUNNING ON OPPOSING THE ACA. Is this turkey all they're capable of?! Is it all they want to be capable of?! Why the hell didn't they prepare a halfway acceptable bill two, or five, or seven years ago that they could pass when they got a Republican trifecta?! Why didn't they spend any of that seven years coming up with something that wouldn't cause people to die in a heap if passed?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »

Name me a conservative, sensible plan they could have come up with that wasn't going to be met with scorn from you people?

I'm not an expert on health policy, asshole, just a poor body who contemplates suicide multiple times a day even with my thousand-dollar-a-month psychiatric medications. Why doesn't your party put an ounce of effort into this for once if it wants to know what people will think?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

The 13 senators set to draft bill when the AHCA moves to the senate are:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is going to be even worse than the House bill

The particularly terrifying ones are Lee, Cruz, and Cotton, but overall I still have some hope that it'll end up more tolerable. If it is worse then I doubt the Uptons and Longs and Frelinghuysens vote for it when it goes back to the House.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »

I should point out that my family, which lives mostly on investments, is currently in a state of repressed panic about the implications that this will have for our health, our savings, and our future. If we're in this position, how much worse must it be for the poor and vulnerable?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »

I think we've lost the point that the Senate is in fact still writing its own bill rather than ramming through the House AHCA. Even though both versions are or will be unbelievably underhanded and cruel, any differences will have to be voted on in the House again.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »

Okay. That's it. They actively hate the American people. If Democratic gains in 2018 don't at least equal Democratic gains in 1932 then there's no hope for this place and the cause of freedom will just have to start over again somewhere else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies