Reunification of the Southeast Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:46:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8406 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2005, 06:44:48 PM »

Oh, and once you are done with this "renunification" are you guys going to remilitarize Arkansas and go for an all out invasion of Missouri?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2005, 06:44:56 PM »

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here?  VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it.  Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.

Well, as I understood it, they feel that the "true" Southeast is the states that composed the Confederacy in real life, and that our version of the Southeast is missing a state.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here?  VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it.  Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.

Well, as I understood it, they feel that the "true" Southeast is the states that composed the Confederacy in real life, and that our version of the Southeast is missing a state.

Of course.  They just want to unite all Southern Speaking Peoples.  They need breathing room.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2005, 06:54:45 PM »

this still is a stupid idea
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2005, 07:01:36 PM »

Senators,

I think that it is highly unlikely that we will have a 24-hour period without debate. Therefore, if this bill is to get a vote, either (a) Senators must refrain from debate for 24 hours, or (b) the Senate must invoke cloture.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2005, 07:02:52 PM »

Of course.  They just want to unite all Southern Speaking Peoples.  They need breathing room.

I don't really know what you're implying here, Super.  All the Southeasterners want is to reclaim Austria Virginia, which I can only guess they'd want to follow up with the Sudetenland Kentucky, and probably Czechoslovakia Missouri and Poland Oklahoma at some point.  Don't worry, I guess we could just appease them.  Its not like they'd want anything else afterwards....
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2005, 07:04:46 PM »

Given that pretty much every active Virginian has had their say, I don't really think there's all that much more to say about this.

Therefore, I motion to end debate and bring this bill to a vote.

EDIT: Given that I guess I have the power to start the vote...

All in favor of ending debate and commencing voting, vote "aye"; all against, vote "nay".

---

Aye.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2005, 07:44:10 PM »

Aye.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

Aye
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2005, 08:02:19 PM »

I don't really know what you're implying here, Super.  All the Southeasterners want is to reclaim Austria Virginia, which I can only guess they'd want to follow up with the Sudetenland Kentucky, and probably Czechoslovakia Missouri and Poland Oklahoma at some point.  Don't worry, I guess we could just appease them.  Its not like they'd want anything else afterwards....

LOL... I'm glad that someone got what I was going for.  Wink
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2005, 04:59:10 AM »

As a Virginia resident, I would like to say that I strongly favor remaining in the Mideast, and I hope that my senators take my view into consideration
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2005, 06:35:36 AM »

As a Virginia resident, I would like to say that I strongly favor remaining in the Mideast, and I hope that my senators take my view into consideration

Okay, so now we're at 3-4, if I'm not mistaken.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2005, 08:05:13 AM »

Aye
WiseGuy

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2005, 08:23:20 AM »

I strongly oppose transfering Virginia to the southeast. If we transfer Virginia the southeast will be trying harder to get Kentucky and Oklahoma transfered as well.

I will fight to keep this bill from passing and will also try to convince my other Senators to vote against this as well.

Being a supporter of the transfer of Virginia to the Southeast, while I might not speak for all of the supporters of this move, I will not support the transfer of anything but Virginia.

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here? VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it. Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.

Of course. They just want to unite all Southern Speaking Peoples. They need breathing room.

I don't really know what you're implying here, Super. All the Southeasterners want is to reclaim Austria Virginia, which I can only guess they'd want to follow up with the Sudetenland Kentucky, and probably Czechoslovakia Missouri and Poland Oklahoma at some point. Don't worry, I guess we could just appease them. Its not like they'd want anything else afterwards....

I’ve been offering alternative after alternative to try to find some acceptable compromise in this negotiation, but have yet to hear you propose anything other than abolishing my brother’s region.  Looks like the Independents are becoming the “Party of No.” Cheesy j/k

The bill was written by Dubya and sponsored by Sam Spade, so asking them would be the best idea. Wink

No, I didn't write the bill
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »

Aye on ending debate.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2005, 09:56:27 AM »

Only one more vote necessary to end debate (2/3 majority out of 9 Senators present).
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2005, 11:04:36 AM »

While I've tried to refrain from making strong statements in this debate thus far, I feel as though I should make it clear that if this bill passes, it is my intention to veto it. I don't have a problem with regions state swapping, but this is not, unless the Mideast gets fair compensation, I will not permit this bill to stand if passed.

Siege
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2005, 11:11:25 AM »

While I've tried to refrain from making strong statements in this debate thus far, I feel as though I should make it clear that if this bill passes, it is my intention to veto it. I don't have a problem with regions state swapping, but this is not, unless the Mideast gets fair compensation, I will not permit this bill to stand if passed.

Siege

Thank you Mr President.  Your support (or lack of it, as the case may be) means a lot to us.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2005, 12:54:48 PM »

Aye to end debate and bring this to a vote.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2005, 12:58:39 PM »

With six Ayes, the motion is passed, and cloture invoked.

The question is on final passage of the bill. All those in favor, say Aye; those opposed, say No.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2005, 02:15:53 PM »

NAY
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp