Reunification of the Southeast Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:15:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8422 times)
WiseGuy

« on: August 09, 2005, 08:23:20 AM »

I strongly oppose transfering Virginia to the southeast. If we transfer Virginia the southeast will be trying harder to get Kentucky and Oklahoma transfered as well.

I will fight to keep this bill from passing and will also try to convince my other Senators to vote against this as well.

Being a supporter of the transfer of Virginia to the Southeast, while I might not speak for all of the supporters of this move, I will not support the transfer of anything but Virginia.

Generally, I have tried to stay out of Senate business since I retired, but exactly what is being "reunified" here? VA was never a part of the Southeastern Region, therefore, it in not being "re" anything with it. Now, that leaves one remaining possibility, that being reunification with the Confederacy, which does not exist.

Well, as I understood it, they feel that the "true" Southeast is the states that composed the Confederacy in real life, and that our version of the Southeast is missing a state.

Of course. They just want to unite all Southern Speaking Peoples. They need breathing room.

I don't really know what you're implying here, Super. All the Southeasterners want is to reclaim Austria Virginia, which I can only guess they'd want to follow up with the Sudetenland Kentucky, and probably Czechoslovakia Missouri and Poland Oklahoma at some point. Don't worry, I guess we could just appease them. Its not like they'd want anything else afterwards....

I’ve been offering alternative after alternative to try to find some acceptable compromise in this negotiation, but have yet to hear you propose anything other than abolishing my brother’s region.  Looks like the Independents are becoming the “Party of No.” Cheesy j/k

The bill was written by Dubya and sponsored by Sam Spade, so asking them would be the best idea. Wink

No, I didn't write the bill
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies