Reunification of the Southeast Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:55:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8430 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 02, 2005, 06:36:32 AM »

I strongly oppose transfering Virginia to the southeast. If we transfer Virginia the southeast will be trying harder to get Kentucky and Oklahoma transfered as well.

I will fight to keep this bill from passing and will also try to convince my other Senators to vote against this as well.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 07:05:11 AM »

I'll just throw in (which I forgot until now) that our Mideast Judge, Ben, is from Virginia as well.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 08:22:56 AM »

There are 8 people from Virginia. So far it's 3-1 but Umengus, nickshepDEM, Ben and thefactor(Beet) haven't said anything yet.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:09:02 AM »

And now I just remembered that Blerpiez is in Virginia IIRC.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 04:42:47 PM »

There are 8 people from Virginia. So far it's 3-1 but Umengus, nickshepDEM, Ben and thefactor(Beet) haven't said anything yet.

To my knowledge nickshepDEM and thefactor are actually from Maryland -in real life.  As for Umengus, he is a foreign transplant who doesn't actually live here.

So there are actually five forum members who live in Virginia-

myself, Ben, AuH2O, A18 (Philip), and MHS2002.     

This is the fantasy elections you know, if you're registered in Virginia you're from Virginia. AuH20 isn't registered in Virginia so it also doesn't count.

It counts where you're registered from in fantasy politics, not where you live in real life that decides this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

Are you seriously saying that we deny citizens inalienable rights just because they don't live in that state in real life? Why should it matter if they are real life Virginians or not we are not in America we are in Atlasia and you should get that through you thick skull. Would you be willing to, in real life, not be allowed to vote in state elections because you were not born in that state? This is pure idiocy of the highest kind.
To be perfectly fair, the issue was raised not by Frodo, but by Governor Joe Republic:

3. A few Virginian people have already stated their support for this, and a few have already come out against it.  However, some of the people currently registered in Virginia aren't even from there in real life.  Why do they seem to have a say in this, and others don't?  What's to stop anybody (like myself, for example) from just registering in VA and then declaring my opposition to it?

Frodo was merely stating a fact (that certain posters actually live in Virginia in real life); he was merely responding to Joe Republic's question.

I think Joe Republic mostly meant other people that aren't there now coming in to swing the state. I'm pretty sure he's fine with those that are in there now. He may prove me wrong though.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 05:05:20 PM »

I think Joe Republic mostly meant other people that aren't there now coming in to swing the state. I'm pretty sure he's fine with those that are in there now. He may prove me wrong though.
That may certainly be true. However, I still feel that it is not fair to level accusations against Frodo, who was only responding to a question.

Well he seemed to make it clearly obvious what he thought should happen in that "response".
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »

Here's a precis of the Senators' attitudes on the bill so far:

In favor/ Allow Virginia to decide
- Sam Spade
- MHS2002
- PBrunsel

Opposed
- Gabu
- Colin Wixted
- MasterJedi
- True Independent
- DanielX

Unclear
- King

I would say that I'm more undecided at the time.  I would prefer to hear what the Virginians have to think and consider all of the arguments from both sides before making up my mind.

King told me he's for it and PBrunsel said he was unclear earlier so it's something like this:

For
-Sam Spade
-King
-MHS2002

Against
-MasterJedi
-True Ind.
-ColinWixted
-DanielX

Undecided
-PBrunsel
-Gabu
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 07:16:51 PM »

King told me he's for it and PBrunsel said he was unclear earlier
I think that PBrunsel said that the People of Virginia should be allowed to decide, so I counted him as being in favor.

I think he did but I'm also pretty sure he said he was undecided.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 03:29:42 PM »

I'm not.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »

All you want to do is push the debate back long enough for the D4 special election is over in hopes that you'll get a candidate that will support this.

Is there anyway that I can get a vote before said time Emsworth?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 06:37:57 AM »

That wouldn't be the first time that some Southeasterners have forgotten the good work that a person has done and voted against him because of one single 'anti-South' action.  Gotta love the most melodramatic region of Atlasia.  Roll Eyes

Huzzah for Joe! I won't try to table it, I'll just wait for you to have your fun. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 05:10:13 PM »

So now that's 3-3, we have a tie.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 02:54:05 PM »

I'd love to have Virginia in the SE.   But if they don't want to be, I won't vote to bring 'em in.

Kinda vague, so far it's 3-3 how would you vote based on that?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »

Aye on ending debate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 04:19:12 PM »

NAY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: