How much do you know about politics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How much do you know about politics?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How much do you know about politics?  (Read 1448 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »

i think there is a large disconnect here.
I view this question as asking about politics, and political machination. Others seem to view it about history and policy.

You cant understand politics if you dont understand voters. And voter patterns are often driven by history and policy.

This I disagree with, as someone who's both done and studied this, people on here either give way too much credit to the average voter, or assume everyone votes in blocs.

You want to better understand voters? The majority are uninformed, apathetic, and easily persuaded with wedge issues. That includes highly accomplished and highly educated. The harder part is discovering the wedge issues. Yes some history and policy come into play but in all honesty, messaging and how it is delivered is more important than what people actually stand for.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »

I dont understand how Trump won.

So i probably dont understand politics very well.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 08:08:51 PM »

More than the average person, but not really that much. I'm just here to "add ideological diversity".
Yeah, a leftist as bad as you would be banned. You are part of the moderators' affirmative action program to encourage conservatives.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 08:10:23 PM »

Next to nothing
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 08:45:39 PM »

More than anyone else on Atlas, at least. I understand what a dark and terrifying world we live in.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »

More than anyone else on Atlas, at least. I understand what a dark and terrifying world we live in.
The moderators show their elitist distaste for the common poster! Down with this feudalist system!
Rjjr77
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »

The moderators show their elitist distaste for the common poster! Down with this feudalist system!
Don't forget #FreeHarding
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »

I speak for every poster oppressed by the moderators! I speak for the common poster! Many are afraid of the tyrannical moderators, but not I. I stand firm, and I bare my neck. I dare the elitist moderator conspiracy to banish me. They are afraid of me. They know my banishment would mean a full scale rebellion.
Rjjr77
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »

I speak for every poster oppressed by the moderators! I speak for the common poster! Many are afraid of the tyrannical moderators, but not I. I stand firm, and I bare my neck. I dare the elitist moderator conspiracy to banish me. They are afraid of me. They know my banishment would mean a full scale rebellion.
you truly are a Liberatore.

I will be Tricipitinus to your Collatinus.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 07:34:46 AM »

My knowledge of politics is going steadily down over time - unless of course it's within the city limits of Hudson - those gloriously unique two square miles of wonderment and joy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

My knowledge of politics is going steadily down over time - unless of course it's within the city limits of Hudson - those gloriously unique two square miles of wonderment and joy.

RIP HUDSON.  Cry
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »

I know much more about, say, history and theory than the actual mechanics of contemporary issues.
Yeah, this.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »

you truly are a Liberatore.

I will be Tricipitinus to your Collatinus.

I'll gladly switch roles with you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies