Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:45:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020  (Read 6462 times)
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« on: April 13, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

FYI: I still think Tulsi has the potential to be a formidable opponent in 2020, and I still think most red avatars on this forum hate on her way too much.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:59:15 PM »

okay, answer me this: who is Tulsi's base in the Democratic Primary? I know the standard response to this is that she'll inherit all of Bernie's supporters because she endorsed him in 2016, but I don't see working class whites in places like McDowell County, WV or Ingham County, MI voting for a 39 year old Hindu Woman, and I certainly don't see College Kids or Affluent White Liberals voting for someone who's so favorable towards Putin, Assad, and Modi. Cornering the "anti-war vote" won't do it either: otherwise, Howard Dean would have been the nominee in 2004, and while this certainly helped Obama in 2008, it was just one factor in his appeal among many.

Barack Obama kind of invalidates the first part of your argument. Who cares if she's a Hindu woman?

Also most Americans don't even know who Modi is, and I don't see how she's favorable towards Putin and Assad. She's just more skeptical and less hostile in general when it comes to dealing with them. It's just the war hawks in this party who want to paint her as an ally of Putin and Assad.

Her base would be a combination of women, minorities, anti-war voters, and Bernie supporters.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard will find it difficult to win the 2020 nomination after she is primaried from her House seat in 2018.

She would absolutely crush any primary challenger who tries to unseat her in 2018.

If anything, a primary challenger bolsters her "outsider" credentials and galvanizes support for her among Bernie supporters.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »

She's a 40-year-old U.S. Representative with some abhorrent views, no national profile, and is an enigma to most. I don't see it happening. And if it does, it will spell the end of the Democratic Party.

And who exactly was Bernie Sanders when he decided to run? I find the "no national profile" argument unconvincing.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 10:42:11 PM »

She's a 40-year-old U.S. Representative with some abhorrent views, no national profile, and is an enigma to most. I don't see it happening. And if it does, it will spell the end of the Democratic Party.

And who exactly was Bernie Sanders when he decided to run? I find the "no national profile" argument unconvincing.

Saying Bernie Sanders was a complete unknown before he ran for President is some revisionist history.

What?

Bernie had no national profile when he decided to run and had little to no name recognition among the Democratic Primary electorate. He was only well known in his home state of Vermont and it's neighboring state New Hampshire.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »

I watched the video, and everything she said was completely reasonable. What was wrong with what she said?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies