Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:41:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Tulsi Gabbard will win the nomination in 2020  (Read 6448 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: April 13, 2017, 10:21:24 AM »

Now that Confused Democrat has said he regrets making his excellent thread, as the only person out of 93 people to vote for Tulsi in the March poll, I will carry on the banner of the Tulsi faithful. Although I strongly dislike Tulsi, and would not support her, she will nonetheless win the Democratic nomination. Below I will lay out my argument so you can judge it for yourself.

1. The reasons Confused Democrat gives still applies. As he said:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nothing has changed. I have long been a proponent of using social media enthusiasm as a gauge for political prediction. The strength of his predictor has only grown steadily since the days when liberals used to make fun of Ron Paul cultists in their mom's basements (or before that, when Howard Dean's Meet-Up driven campaign fell flat in the Iowa caucus). My predictive philosophy was best articulated in this post where I correctly predicted Christine Quinn's loss in the 2013 NYC mayoral primary, based on nothing but the comments section of the New York Daily News website. I again applied my methodology in March 2015, when I first used the Washington Post website's comments section to accurately forecast that Hillary Clinton would lose the 2016 election. It was more accurate than Nate Silver. I again used online comments, this time from reddit, in early May 2015 to correctly predict that Bernie Sanders had big momentum.

2. Now, some people used to criticize me for making a few wrong predictions in the past. One user, Joe Republic, predicted that I was like a "weather vane" who always pointed in the wrong direction; he hasn't been around much lately, has he? Another user, BRTD, continues to insist that Tulsi will not be the nominee solely because I predicted it. I get crap about posting about Ebola and Fukushima. But a closer look at my prediction record shows it's actually very good. There have been many times over the years when I have been right about major events, and the majority of forum users have been wrong. Furthermore, one of my few wrong predictions, that Donald Trump would not win the GOP nomination, was when I went against my own methodology of using online enthusiasm.

3. Tulsi does things that are popular.

This is what really gets me. We live in a country where democratic elections play a big role in a politician's success, yet for some reason, other than Tulsi and maybe Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, there aren't actually any politicians in the country who take popular positions. Tulsi does. For this reason alone, she is set to win the nomination.

A preview of the huge, Bernie Sanders style rallies that are coming for Tulsi occurred last week in Kona, where 500 people showed up to give her a standing ovation. If she runs, it'll be just like 2015 all over again. Huge rallies to thousands of people, especially young people, all over the country.

4. Nothing good has happened in this country since the 2000 election.

Tulsi's nomination, and the massive support behind her, would just be another manifestation of the popular insanity that has gripped the country since 2000. First, the neocon enthusiasm that got us into Iraq; then, the housing bubble mania that nearly destroyed the economy; then, the anti-bailout mania that spawned the tea party; then, the Obama mania where he would magically fix partisanship and change everything; then, the Bernie and Trump mania. Each and every mania has turned out to be a complete bust, yet they just keep coming. The instincts of the American people are consistently terrible. A Tulsi mania would just continue on the trend. Therefore, everything in recent history indicates it will occur.

In conclusion, this is why Tulsi will likely win the 2020 Democratic nomination.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

FYI: I still think Tulsi has the potential to be a formidable opponent in 2020, and I still think most red avatars on this forum hate on her way too much.

If she comes out against a preemptive strike in North Korea I'll support her.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »

Well Hillary Clinton was a total fraud & lier & the 2nd most hated candidate after Trump & she won the nomination. So who knows, but 2020 is way too early for Gabbard, she has to wait till atleast 2032 IMO, wait for Hirono to retire, serve 1 term atleast in the Senate & then contemplate a run.

And Gabbard till now has introduced a bill to decriminalize marijuana, re-instate Glass steagal, went to Standing Rock, previously supported strong environmental laws, has always opposed TPP,, is a co-sponsor for Medicare-for-all bill in the house. If that doesn't make you a progressive, then nothing will & probably no-one is.

I mean Hillary freaking Clinton was called a progressive. Anyways Gabbard is rightfully nowhere near Bernie & shouldn't even be compared !

She is a political no-body now ! Plz quit this threads & talk about this again in another 10 years!

She is exactly what you consider Hillary Clinton... a liar and a fraud. And your falling for it. Ok she introduced glass stegall. Good for her. How often do you hear her talking about it? Oh wait she never does. All she talks about is Syria Syria Syria, even before last week's strike. All she cares about is shilling for her favored FOREIGN interests. I swear when did American politics become the friggin United Nations. She will grandstand for progressive causes just like Anthony Weiner or Alan Grayson but she is even worse for progressivism than them & even less sincere. She was a blue dog before she found out how she could exploit acting progressive to raise her profile. Freud, fraud, fraud. If HI was a republican state shed jump over in the blink of an eye. I hate her.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »

It's going to be close. Here is a 53-47 Macron victory based on how the 1st round supporters divide up:

I'm glad to be wrong on this one. I guess the French are more sane than us Anglos. Vive la France.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2020, 12:34:30 PM by Beet »

It didn't happen for Tulsi, but that's because the left-right coalition that she needed never really coalesced around her. I believe she used the phrase "regime change wars" too frequently. When you keep using the same phrase over and over like someone with OCD, people start to wonder if you're all there. Also, she never really fixed her teeth, which is important for someone running for president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies