Office of kyc0705: Atlasian citizen (Announcement of new employment)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of kyc0705: Atlasian citizen (Announcement of new employment)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of kyc0705: Atlasian citizen (Announcement of new employment)  (Read 1797 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:28:15 PM »
« edited: April 19, 2018, 10:07:49 PM by kyc0705 »

KYC0705: Atlasian politician

ROLES SERVED:
Lincoln Assemblyman (April 12, 2017 – October 26, 2017)
Lieutenant Governor of Lincoln (July 1, 2017 – October 26, 2017)
GM Contributor (October 29, 2017 – December 31, 2017)

POLITICAL PARTIES:
United Alternative (before March 2017)
Non-partisan (March 2017 – present)

kyc0705

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2017, 03:09:03 PM by kyc0705 »

GAME MODERATION OFFICE

I've now moved into my new position at the GM Department's New York field office. While the nature of my role makes it unlikely that I would have to issue any public statements, this thread will be used as that outlet if such a need were to arise.
kyc0705

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:51:25 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE PROPOSAL OF AN ATLASIAN CONFEDERATION

I stand opposed to President dfwlibertylover’s proposal to dissolve the union and create a series of three nations, bounded loosely by an undefined international commission. This policy is formless, has no specifics, is potentially chaotic, and poses little improvement to the state of affairs in Atlasia.

Additionally, let it also be known that I have been, and continue to be, deeply concerned with the rising tide of extreme nationalism which has swept across all regions of Atlasia, from officials of all levels and all political persuasions.

Only a few hours ago, I received a startling message from a well-known official who declared that they are entitled to “have greater power,” and advertised the creation of a self-proclaimed “Nationalist Party.” Let us not forget that we are stronger together, that our differences are points of pride rather than opportunities for division, and that we must preserve the union that has been forged through great work and struggle.

I will be at the forefront for those opposed to these divisive, short-sighted movements.

For all those who believe that Atlasians are at their best when unified, I am here for you.

For all those who believe that we must work through our problems and not scrap it all when the goings get rough, I am here for you.

For all those who believe that we need calm, moderate leadership in the wake of this reactionary ideology rising, I am here for you. We are here for each other. And we are all in this together.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 12:09:49 AM by Southern Delegate TimTurner »

Congrats on being re-elected!
EDIT: It has occurred to me that there is legal issues around the election I somehow forgot about. I wish you well all the same. Tongue
kyc0705

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 10:41:08 AM by kyc0705 »

Congrats on being re-elected!
EDIT: It has occurred to me that there is legal issues around the election I somehow forgot about. I wish you well all the same. Tongue

Thanks!

And as far as I know, there's no more ambiguity surrounding the election. I won on second preference votes, JGibson then took a vacant seat in the House of Representatives.
kyc0705

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »

STATEMENT ON LIEUTENANT GOVERNORSHIP
I am pleased to announce that Governor Wells has appointed me to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Lincoln.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:31:06 PM »

I am pleased to announce that Governor Wells has appointed me to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Lincoln.
Congrats!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »

Congrats!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Lieutenant Governor!
kyc0705

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 07:22:40 PM »

Thank you, everyone!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:15:43 PM »

Congrats on being Lincoln's new Lt. Gov.
- Congressman and Former Lt. Gov of the Lincoln Region JGibson.
kyc0705

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »

STATEMENT ON RESIGNATION OF PRESIDENT DFWLIBERTYLOVER
I am saddened to hear of the president's intention to leave office. However, I thank him for his service to the nation, wish him the best in his post-presidency, and hope for the best of luck for Vice President Goldwater as he prepares to transition into the office. As we are all Atlasians, his success is our success.
kyc0705

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »

[runs halfway through Times Square to catch the delivery truck and scribble out Goldwater's name on the "Congratulations" card mailed to the White House]
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:07 PM »

Thank you for your commitment to doing what is best for the people of Lincoln, Lt. Governor.
kyc0705

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »

STATEMENT ON SENATE ELECTION
The Lieutenant Governor's office is aware that the current Senate election may imminently end in a tie between the two candidates. The Lieutenant Governor's office is also aware that, as far as is known, there is no directly agreed upon or legislated procedure to resolve a tied election.

As a result, I will seek careful advisement (from regional, and if needed, federal officials) and remain dedicated to resolute decision-making should such an outcome occur.

No further comment will be made on this race while the polls are still open.
kyc0705

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »

Thank you for your commitment to doing what is best for the people of Lincoln, Lt. Governor.

Thank you for your trust in my capabilities, Senator. My goal is to ensure that this race is resolved in a manner which is legally sound and fair to all concerned parties.
kyc0705

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE SENATE ELECTION RESULTS
The Lieutenant Governor's office can confirm that when all valid votes were counted in the Lincoln Senate race, the election ended in a tie. Therefore, no winner can be certified at this time by this office.

kyc0705

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE ASSEMBLY ELECTION RESULTS
There is currently uncertainty over the allocation of the third seat for the Lincoln Assembly. You can check the voting the thread for the current count. The Lieutenant Governor's office will be fielding advice from both local and regional officials on resolving this election.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »

There is currently uncertainty over the allocation of the third seat for the Lincoln Assembly. You can check the voting the thread for the current count. The Lieutenant Governor's office will be fielding advice from both local and regional officials on resolving this election.

Great. I hope someone finds some Lincoln election rules. I haven’t found any. And now, the next Assembly will be deadlocked without a third member. The first thing the Assembly does after naming a speaker and passing a budget/CR has to be making election and tiebreaker rules.

Under the old Northeast rules, I think the person with the most second preferences would win, followed by a condorcet count. Thankfully, we never had to resort to a condorcet count, since I still have no clue what that is. And it’s possible we had a runoff the next week.
kyc0705

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »

Under the old Northeast rules, I think the person with the most second preferences would win, followed by a condorcet count. Thankfully, we never had to resort to a condorcet count, since I still have no clue what that is. And it’s possible we had a runoff the next week.

That may very well be the rule, and resolving the election could be as simple as going back to the original ballots and counting second preference placements. The problem is that I can't independently confirm this and so I've been flying blind all night.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »

That may very well be the rule, and resolving the election could be as simple as going back to the original ballots and counting second preference placements. The problem is that I can't independently confirm this and so I've been flying blind all night.

Unfortunately, the old Northeast rules are no longer valid after the reset - unless the new Assembly reaffirmed them. That’s especially true since Lincoln is an amalgamation of the old Northeast and Midwest.
kyc0705

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 07:48:02 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 08:09:57 PM by kyc0705 »

NEW STATEMENT ON THE LINCOLN ASSEMBLY ELECTION
All electoral data pertaining this race will be fed into a designated STV vote calculator, which uses traditional STV procedure to determine the results of multi-seat elections. The input will be checked to ensure that all votes were translated into the calculator correctly, and pending that approval, the results will be announced.

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »

Just glancing at this, it appears you initially transferred whole votes when distributing surplus? If that is the case, then this is definitely not an accurate reflection of the election.
kyc0705

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »

Just glancing at this, it appears you initially transferred whole votes when distributing surplus? If that is the case, then this is definitely not an accurate reflection of the election.

The error has been fixed and the issue has been resolved.
kyc0705

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 04:58:29 PM »

FAREWELL ADDRESS

The offices of the Lieutenant Governor's executive staff are ready for the coming transition.

It's been a busy day today, as I've been saying goodbye to my wonderful staff and preparing to leave office. While I wish I could continue to serve the people of Lincoln without interruption, this is also the beginning of an exciting new future. There are so many great people to thank, at all levels of regional politics, who have made this such an unforgettable six months, the past four of which have been spent as Lieutenant Governor.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate Governor-Elect Lok, who embarks on a grand journey tomorrow. As an Assembly Speaker, he was diligent and observant, and made sure that all legislation brought before us had a chance to be debated.

I'd also like to thank Governor Wells, not only for his decision to appoint me as Lieutenant Governor, but for his tireless service to the people of Lincoln. His steady hand and guidance fostered our prosperity and optimal performance as one of Atlasia's great beacons of hope and success.

The other Assembly members — ReaganClinton, JGibson, CXSmith, and RGN — with whom I served were all excellent colleagues. Although our individual views may differ, we were able to come together and serve the greater purpose, beyond partisan bickering. In today's political climate, that's a rare and wonderful thing to achieve.

We know not what the future holds, but we know what has happened in the past, and we must take the lessons and wisdom attained from those previous experiences and cherish them. We push forward, shape our futures, and strive for a brighter tomorrow.

Thank you, and God Bless Lincoln.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies