Republicans Offended By Pepsi Commercial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:46:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans Offended By Pepsi Commercial
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans Offended By Pepsi Commercial  (Read 2569 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »

Awww, poor little special snowflakes are offended by a beverage promoting unity! Is anything short of outright beating minorities offensive to your insecurities? Sad!

https://morningconsult.com/2017/04/11/plurality-americans-actually-like-ad-pepsi-pulled/

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kendall-jenner-ad-made-people-135100003.html
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:12:59 PM »

Actually, it seems no group was particularly offended by the ad, except leftists online.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:24:44 PM »

It was such an incredibly tone deaf ad that coopted BLM protests by using some rich white girl to give a Pepsi to a cop and suddenly everything was peaceful. It completely ignores and dismisses the violence perpetrated by law enforcement throughout this country that has resulted in countless deaths and harassment of civilians, especially African Americans, thanks to institutional racism and the willingness of the legal arm of the elite to disproportionately target the lower classes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »

Your thread is titled "Republicans Offended By Pepsi Commercial."
But within the guts of the story the data shows:
29% of Republicans said it gave them a less-favorable view of Pepsi compared to 23% of Democrats.
So the difference is not that large. Is it ?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 08:42:33 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2017, 08:52:03 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Your thread is titled "Republicans Offended By Pepsi Commercial."
But within the guts of the story the data shows:
29% of Republicans said it gave them a less-favorable view of Pepsi compared to 23% of Democrats.
So the difference is not that large. Is it ?

I thoroughly enjoyed the UKIP is 'more in favor of bestiality' polling as well based on an even smaller difference Smiley

The age and racial demographics are of course even more telling! Great evidence for Ann Coulter's thesis!

e: Evidence of the first claim:
"Out of the main UK political parties, the most UKIP voters said they thought bestiality should be legal, at 12 percent. This compares to 11 percent of Conservative voters, 10 percent of SNP and Labour voters and 8 percent of Liberal Democrats."
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »

wait wait wait...I'm going to need a cite that real people were offended by this.  It was way too tone deaf to actually offend people right?

Tobefair, this is only the third or forth time I've heard about it, the other times were just funny people doing jokes about it or friends asking if I saw the jokes about it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 10:04:39 PM »

It was tone deaf, not offensive.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »

What a bunch of snowflakes.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 01:00:26 AM »

It's obviously a progressive commercial once the online anti-white Armenian girl indoctrination is taken out of it. Like, I get that some black girls are hyper sensitive to everything the Jenners/Kardashians do because of the public dating choices they've made, but online hate campaigns like this are unfair and bad for society in the long run.

No need for the critics to worry though, from the 18-29 age group it looks like Generation Fascist will turn the tide back.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 01:02:31 AM »

Anyone who changes their opinion of Pepsi cause of this ad is foolish
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 02:17:17 AM »

It's obviously a progressive commercial once the online anti-white Armenian girl indoctrination is taken out of it. Like, I get that some black girls are hyper sensitive to everything the Jenners/Kardashians do because of the public dating choices they've made, but online hate campaigns like this are unfair and bad for society in the long run.

No need for the critics to worry though, from the 18-29 age group it looks like Generation Fascist will turn the tide back.

lolno
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 02:25:30 AM »

I hate that we've reached a stage in our national life where companies like Pepsi can present themselves as Bold, Forward-Thinking Progressive Visionaries through their advertising choices and get taken at face value.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 02:42:56 AM »

I hate that we've reached a stage in our national life where companies like Pepsi can present themselves as Bold, Forward-Thinking Progressive Visionaries through their advertising choices and get taken at face value.

Orwellian doublespeak?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 03:03:09 AM »

Pepsi kills everyone Smiley
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »

It was such an incredibly tone deaf ad that coopted BLM protests by using some rich white girl to give a Pepsi to a cop and suddenly everything was peaceful.

They never specifically claimed it was BLM, did they? The ad had the protestors carrying generic signs like "Join the Conversation" and the peace symbol.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »

This. It was just a bad commercial on its own merits
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »

Just reason number 5 million why caring about "race" is stupid. I know arabs, indians, eskimos, latinos, and east asians with lighter skin than  a lot of Armenians (or italians, spaniards, and greeks), but apparently only the first group somehow has "colour". The idea that every single person who does not look northern european is part of a totally for real common identity group despite massive differences in culture, geography, and yes skin colour is stupid. This is even more evident when some "white" people have darker skin than some "colourfuls" or whatever the hell you are ordered to call members of this fake group. The only common identity belonging to Marco Rubio, Shaka Zulu, pocahontas, kristi yamahuchi, the prophet muhammad, and anoushka shankar is that they are/were living people. The fact that they have darker skin than a sami reindeer hereder is not a real identity.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »

Just reason number 5 million why caring about "race" is stupid. I know arabs, indians, eskimos, latinos, and east asians with lighter skin than  a lot of Armenians (or italians, spaniards, and greeks), but apparently only the first group somehow has "colour". The idea that every single person who does not look northern european is part of a totally for real common identity group despite massive differences in culture, geography, and yes skin colour is stupid. This is even more evident when some "white" people have darker skin than some "colourfuls" or whatever the hell you are ordered to call members of this fake group. The only common identity belonging to Marco Rubio, Shaka Zulu, pocahontas, kristi yamahuchi, the prophet muhammad, and anoushka shankar is that they are/were living people. The fact that they have darker skin than a sami reindeer hereder is not a real identity.

So do you find it more valuable to discuss intersection of culture and gender then rather than race and gender? (I certainly would)
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't think it says anything about being offended.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »

So do you find it more valuable to discuss intersection of culture and gender then rather than race and gender? (I certainly would)

Yes. Additionally, I think Marx was wrong about a lot, but I do agree that class is probably the cleavage that works the best at uniting. Even that is relative though given that poor people here are usually not at all the same as poor people in say India. But overall, I think everyone should try to find actual commonalities to unite us, as opposed to relying on NOT being a member of a different identity group. For instance, I am a lawyer. I share a loose identity with other lawyers. I do not share a common identity with plumbers as a result of us both not being doctors.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »

Yes. Additionally, I think Marx was wrong about a lot, but I do agree that class is probably the cleavage that works the best at uniting. Even that is relative though given that poor people here are usually not at all the same as poor people in say India. But overall, I think everyone should try to find actual commonalities to unite us, as opposed to relying on NOT being a member of a different identity group. For instance, I am a lawyer. I share a loose identity with other lawyers. I do not share a common identity with plumbers as a result of us both not being doctors.

I agree. My parents are immigrants - we were very in touch with the Swedish community in Seattle growing up. I think my first generation experience sets me apart from many peers. A reductive view would be to dismiss the sum of those perspectives and experiences because I'm white, IMO
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »

I don't know about this ad, but what I do know is that Republicans are less offended by somebody grabbing pussy against a woman's will than they are about two men getting married.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 12:39:56 AM »

I don't know about this ad, but what I do know is that Republicans are less offended by somebody grabbing pussy against a woman's will than they are about two men getting married.

Which republicans? Every single one?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 01:56:51 AM »

I hate Trump as much as anybody, but you can't still think he meant grabbing the pussy of women who didn't want a rich guy grabbing their pussy can you?  He clearly was talking about gold diggers.  Gold diggers WANT rich dudes to grab 'em by the pussy.

The statement, like the man, is still classless of course (and the GOP still sucks about gay marriage), but it's nowhere near criminal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies