Markwayne Mullin (R-OK): "It's 'bull crap' that constituents pay my salary"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:12:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Markwayne Mullin (R-OK): "It's 'bull crap' that constituents pay my salary"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Markwayne Mullin (R-OK): "It's 'bull crap' that constituents pay my salary"  (Read 1100 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »

Oklahoma congressman: It's 'bull crap' that constituents pay my salary
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/markwayne-mullin-town-hall/index.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2017, 10:11:11 AM by MasterJedi »

He says he wants to be a "career legislator" not a career politician. lol! that's hilarious that he did that much mental gymnastics to make himself think he doesn't want to be a career politician.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »

He and McCaskill are as tone deaf as they come.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »

By that logic I pay my own salary too since my company gets paid by Medicare and I pay the Medicare payroll tax.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »

Trying to decide who pays for what is a fool's errand. Taxes perform the function of splitting the taxpayer from the service being funded. I could claim to be partly funding the National Park Service, and there would be nobody to confirm or deny that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »

Idiot.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »

Trying to decide who pays for what is a fool's errand. Taxes perform the function of splitting the taxpayer from the service being funded. I could claim to be partly funding the National Park Service, and there would be nobody to confirm or deny that.
I deny it. What is true that no one can prove or disprove such claims, yet I will confirm that your tax dollars went to the National Endowment for the Humanities. </grammar alt-right>
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »

It's not like they're trying to decide who pays for what, but saying that the American people pay the salary of a representative is 100% true. A representative sayin they aren't answerable to anybody because they're a business owner, rich and they're doing it as a favor is disgusting.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »

Moron.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 01:01:34 PM »

It's not like they're trying to decide who pays for what, but saying that the American people pay the salary of a representative is 100% true. A representative sayin they aren't answerable to anybody because they're a business owner, rich and they're doing it as a favor is disgusting.

As a favor to themselves, maybe.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »

Probabilistically it is entirely true that the American people pay for him, though this Representative is accountable to his constituents for reasons unrelated to who pays his salary. I was not trying to defend him, but rather prove up the inherent absurdity of his claim.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies