Voting System Reform Commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voting System Reform Commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting System Reform Commission  (Read 7032 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: August 02, 2005, 02:25:27 PM »

What everyone else is saying.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »

This is why i tried to get things changed in the bill.
Nothing good will come of this because everyone on the commission with the exception of KEmperor potentially has something to lose.

?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:24:16 AM »

If the tactical voters know who has voted, they can make at least an educated guess as to which way the results are trending, and vote accordingly. Obviously they would never have the advantage they do now, but they still might be able to eek something out.

I don't think tactical voters would really pay that mcuh attention.  I think most tactical voters vote based on either media results (which would be incomplete) or on a vague sense of who's winning coming from the voting both... they won't expend the effort to track down who voted secretly, attempt to make a preference list for that voter, and tabulate the results from there.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:29:44 AM »

It appears that the majority of the nation does not want a secret ballot, and I don't even know if a majority of the commission does.

We are not here to count heads, we are here to report feasibility. Even so, whilst apparently a majority have said that they will not use a secret ballot, this does not mean to say that some of them do not support it. I personally will not use the secret ballot - I have said this before and I will say it as many times as I am asked, yet I do support the underlying concept if it can be shown to be practical.

^^^

Except I support it if it isn't practical Wink + Tongue (just kidding, of course Tongue)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 08:49:33 PM »

The questions that need to be resolved:

1. Yes (though I can be swayed)
2. Yes
3. #1 or #2
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon