Gnosticism, or mainstream Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican/Protestant Christianity? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Gnosticism, or mainstream Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican/Protestant Christianity? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which do you: like better / identify with better / feel rings more "true" / seems more compassionate?
Gnosticism

mainstream Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican/Protestant Christianity

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Gnosticism, or mainstream Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican/Protestant Christianity?  (Read 4126 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:52 AM »

IMO once you demote God from an utterly transcendent, omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent entity to a mere being among other beings, you undermine the best reasons to believe in God in the first place.
You should believe in what you think is true... not play "Make-A-God"

I agree. That's sort of the point. What reason is there to think a God who is a mere being actually exists?

God could be incredibly powerful, knowing, etc... but not this infinite magic power/knowledge level.

Some could call the state of the universe as evidence.

But the point is, if we learn at the moment of death what God's true nature is, and it's almost exactly what you thought, but not omnipotent or omniscient... wouldn't you still follow God and call God "God"? Do you love God, or do you love power and knowledge?

Many indeed are there who will call upon others to question their own beliefs - even, sometimes especially, their deepest, most profound beliefs. I tell you, few of these will question their own beliefs. For they, upon seeing the light, have decided to point it out to every other human and tell them to go. However, those who tell others this are the ones who themselves need to question their own beliefs the most. How much easier it is to speak than to act!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:03:06 AM »

Eastern Orthodoxy is where it's at, y'all
I prefer Copticism or Messianic Judaism, myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies