Berkeley Police Department firing stun grenades against political opposition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:09:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Berkeley Police Department firing stun grenades against political opposition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Berkeley Police Department firing stun grenades against political opposition?  (Read 5370 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: April 17, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »

DFB, I know you know better than that. The anarchists have consistently shown up and started violence.
have they? good. violence against nazis is inherently an act of self-defense and/or defense of others.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »

Wait ... did I sleep through some constitutional amendment that says people with abhorrent views no longer have the right to free speech? Because even assuming these rightwingers are unrepentant Nazis, I don't see why that precludes them from having a free speech rally.
Germany, like the UK, doesn't have the First Amendment. A fact of which SUSAN CRUSHBONE (and TheDeadFlagBlues) clearly approve.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »

DFB, I know you know better than that. The anarchists have consistently shown up and started violence.
have they? good. violence against nazis is inherently an act of self-defense and/or defense of others.

Says the user who uses their signature to celebrate the revolution that brought about a genocidal and racist regime which killed millions of people.
lol
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:48:25 PM »

Wait ... did I sleep through some constitutional amendment that says people with abhorrent views no longer have the right to free speech? Because even assuming these rightwingers are unrepentant Nazis, I don't see why that precludes them from having a free speech rally.
Germany, like the UK, doesn't have the First Amendment. A fact of which SUSAN CRUSHBONE (and TheDeadFlagBlues) clearly approve.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really. There is no censorship? Is that why and 87 year old woman was recently sentenced to eight months in prison for stating her opinions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770772/Prominent-German-neo-Nazi-convicted-Holocaust-denial.html

Is that why the German police raid the homes of people and arrest them for things they've written on the internet

https://www.thelocal.de/20160713/german-police-launch-first-nationwide-hate-speech-raids

Is that why Germany has all kinds of laws that prohibit various kinds of speech and publishing if the German state deems them 'hate speech' or 'anti-Democratic'?

Is that why the German authorities have a policy of turning a blind eye against far left violence directed at right wing dissidents (like the AfD) in order to encourage such useful (for them) anti-dissident threats and violence?

The German authorities seem to have a funny idea of what constitutes 'no censorship'.

Clearly Germany has political censorship and clearly you approve of that and think there should be more. I'm not sure why you don't just admit this?

that's because one person's rights end where they begin to infringe on someone else's. not a difficult concept.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »

country x: has laws against trespassing
y'alls fckers: wow? they're restricting people's right to freedom of movement? why does country x hate freedom?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 05:17:33 PM »

country x: has laws against trespassing
y'alls fckers: wow? they're restricting people's right to freedom of movement? why does country x hate freedom?

I take it that you're not especially sympathetic about "right to wander" or "freedom to roam" laws, then?

i think it's fair to say that wandering into someone's house is an infringement on their right to privacy, and wandering through some massive parcel of wilderness that happens to be someone's private property isn't Tongue

apologies if the phrasing was unclear
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies