President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:00:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory)  (Read 9222 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 07:53:51 AM »

For now, I am withholding an endorsement, but I must say that I am impressed with the work you've done, Mr. President. We don't see eye to eye on everything, but your willingness to work across the aisle to achieve bipartisan goals has been incredibly impressive.

(and I know I owe you one for that cross-the-aisle endorsement Wink Tongue)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »

I won't be taking a position on who to endorse yet, but I respect President Dfwlibertylover's bipartisanship and that he is a good person.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

I would like to welcome Clyde1998/Siren into the race and look forward to a fair and honest campaign (which I hopefully can get some sleep in this time Tongue )!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »

I encourage all thoughtful voters to vote their conscience this election.
Rjjr77
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

Dfw is the reason I got involved in the game. As a conservative activist in Lincoln I whole heartedly endorse his reelection.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »

Endorsed!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »

- Maintain the stability that the DFW/Goldwater administration has brought to Atlasia
- Continue to maintain a generally non-interventionist/anti-war stance in our foreign policy ventures as we navigate through the troubled waters of the World
- Continue to work on infrastructure projects and finally get that Healthcare reform we are all seeking passed!
- Pass a budget which will not touch the social safety net that many Atlasians depend on to survive

It all sounds good, generally, but vague pronouncements always the case with politicians.  Let's be specific.  The social safety net and infrastructure projects require revenue.  How will you pay for these?  Will you cut other programs or raise revenue in other ways?  Also, what healthcare reforms are you proposing?  We all want affordable medical services, but how will you achieve them when no one else has been able to?

Mitt Romney learned that the fifty seven-point plan doesn't sell, at least not to the general public.  But we're atlasia.  We're nerds.  We want details.  Give us details and we'll read them and reserve our judgment till we read them. 
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

- Maintain the stability that the DFW/Goldwater administration has brought to Atlasia
- Continue to maintain a generally non-interventionist/anti-war stance in our foreign policy ventures as we navigate through the troubled waters of the World
- Continue to work on infrastructure projects and finally get that Healthcare reform we are all seeking passed!
- Pass a budget which will not touch the social safety net that many Atlasians depend on to survive

sounds good, generally, but that's always the case with politicians.  Let's be specific.  The social safety net and infrastructure projects require revenue.  How will you pay for these?  Will you cut other programs or raise revenue in other ways?  Also, what healthcare reforms are you proposing?  We all want affordable medical services, but how will you achieve them when no one else has been able to?

Hi Angus! In terms of paying for these things I think there is a lot of room for waste to be cut in the budget, the largest amount of waste that can be cut is the defense budget which is grossly oversized and can be substantially cut IF we can manage the specific parts efficiently. As for medical services, myself, Senator Scott, and Speaker Yankee have been meeting and crafting a healthcare plan which will still give consumers options but will also include a Public Option. We will also give the subsidy directly to the consumer instead of to the program. In addition, I am hoping to expand medicaid through the healthcare bill to give poor people the healthcare they need, but this plan should be up in the next month so you will be able to see all the specifics then Cheesy
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »

Endorsed!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »

Cutting the military budget is a double-edged sword.  I agree that it has become too large and wasteful in many ways.  Useless big-ticket orders, etc., but one must be careful.  We have situations in which the families of veterans have been billed for the caskets and funeral services of men who die in combat for their country.  We have scandals at military hospitals.  Surely we can take care of the funeral expenses and the hospital expenses of those we goad into cannon fodder.  Also, we do need to maintain a standing army and navy in top condition.  Not for imperialistic expansion, but for our national defense!  I agree that some of the bloated military budget should be cut, but I'm wondering which specific programs you might cut.

As for medical expenses, I like the general idea of direct payment to consumers, but how will you oversee this?  Surely it takes a bureaucracy to maintain internal integrity.  How will you arrange medicaid payments that ensures providers will be efficient and effective, rather than paying them for the number of diagnostic tests they run whether they are effective?

You don't have to answer all these questions now.  I understand that you recognize that there is a great deal of inefficiency and abuse in the two largest sectors:  defense and medicine.  I will await your detailed proposals when they become available.  Just make sure that they eventually become available.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2017, 10:21:12 PM »

Endorsed!
Lotuslander
Boo Boo
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2017, 11:36:57 PM »

Endorsed!!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2017, 11:37:12 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 01:27:58 AM »

Good luck, sir. While we do not always agree, I have been impressed with your desire to engage with people no matter their cause or ideology. I intend to watch your campaign with great interest.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 09:11:29 AM »

My cordial endorsement here. Mr President, you have done a superb job to reshape the great family of Atlasia.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:48 AM »

Endorsed!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »

Endorsed. I appreciate bipartisanship and common sense.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »

Endorsed!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »

Best of luck, I too endorse the dfwlibertylover/Goldwater ticket!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »

DFW

Get that tramp off of your signature.

Violation of the rules.
Oh I'd use some words in response that would be a violation of the rules, but I'm running a Presidential campaign Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 08:08:39 PM »

DFW

Violation of the rules.
Oh I'd use some words in response that would be a violation of the rules, but I'm running a Presidential campaign Smiley

Yes, "some words" is about what I would expect from someone with a tramp like that in their signature.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

DFW

Violation of the rules.

Yes, "some words" is about what I would expect from someone with a tramp like that in their signature.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 08:18:32 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2017, 08:20:04 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Oh, twin tramps now.

You have just left yourself wide open.

But being the magnanimous individual than I am, I shall refrain from commenting.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

You say "tramp" like it's a bad thing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies