President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:50:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President dfwlibertylover/ Vice President Goldwater for Re-election! (Victory)  (Read 9257 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2017, 12:24:15 AM by President dfwlibertylover »

My friends! The revolution continues to burn on! We gathered originally in February with tough odds and shocked Atlasia as we rode into Nyman, our hard work continues. It has been my pleasure to work with both sides of the aisle and help to Make Atlasia a better place over the past couple of months. I admit I have made some mistakes along the way, gotten into some petty fights with some people (and made a party for a day, but who remembers that anyways Tongue ). Now, I am announcing that I am officially running for re-election alongside one of the most active Vice Presidents we have ever had, Vice President Goldwater! I will be unveiling a full-on platform (parts of it will be the same as last cycle due to the fact that we haven't been able to do everything we set out to do, as of now) soon, but the gist of it is this:

- Maintain the stability that the DFW/Goldwater administration has brought to Atlasia
- Continue to maintain a generally non-interventionist/anti-war stance in our foreign policy ventures as we navigate through the troubled waters of the World
- Continue to work on infrastructure projects and finally get that Healthcare reform we are all seeking passed!
- Pass a budget which will not touch the social safety net that many Atlasians depend on to survive
More to come, feel free to endorse now!

Endorsements:
Speaker of the House North Carolina Yankee (Federalist)
PPT PiT (Federalist)
Representative TedBessell (Federalist)
Mr. Wulfric (Independent)
Fmr. Governor Illiniwek (Labor)
Speaker of the South Fhtagn (Labor)

NSA Lumine (Federalist)
Former Deputy Speaker of the South Jacobin American (Labor)
Former President,Speaker of the South, PPT of the Senate Senator, and Representative-Elect Leinad
Former Governor Diptheriadan (Federalist)
Mr. Computer89 (Federalist)
Mr. Dead0man (Independent)
Mr. Jimmie (Federalist)
Mr. Smoltchanov (Liberal party)
Former Senator JoMCar (Federalist)
Mr. NHI (Federalist)
Mr. Smilo (UML)
Mr. Rjjr77 (Federalist)
Representative-Elect Pessimistic Antineutrino (Federalist)

Former Northern Governor and Lincoln Assemblyman RGN (Federalist)
Fremont Assemblyman Rfayette (ACP)
Fremont House of Commons Speaker Rpryor (Independent)
Mr. Lotuslander (Federalist)
Representative Heisenberg (Federalist)
Mr. Peterthlee (Federalist)
Mr. Sbane (Federalist)

Mr. Parrotguy (Labor)
Mr. TheSaint250 (Federalist)
Mr. Bagel23 (Federalist)
Representative Potus (Federalist)

Mr. Shua (Other)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:01:34 PM »

Regulatory Reform, Spending Cut, and Tax cuts still havent been addressed. Do you plan to address at least one of them before this term ends .
did you read the part about the budget orrr Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

I would like to welcome Clyde1998/Siren into the race and look forward to a fair and honest campaign (which I hopefully can get some sleep in this time Tongue )!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

- Maintain the stability that the DFW/Goldwater administration has brought to Atlasia
- Continue to maintain a generally non-interventionist/anti-war stance in our foreign policy ventures as we navigate through the troubled waters of the World
- Continue to work on infrastructure projects and finally get that Healthcare reform we are all seeking passed!
- Pass a budget which will not touch the social safety net that many Atlasians depend on to survive

sounds good, generally, but that's always the case with politicians.  Let's be specific.  The social safety net and infrastructure projects require revenue.  How will you pay for these?  Will you cut other programs or raise revenue in other ways?  Also, what healthcare reforms are you proposing?  We all want affordable medical services, but how will you achieve them when no one else has been able to?

Hi Angus! In terms of paying for these things I think there is a lot of room for waste to be cut in the budget, the largest amount of waste that can be cut is the defense budget which is grossly oversized and can be substantially cut IF we can manage the specific parts efficiently. As for medical services, myself, Senator Scott, and Speaker Yankee have been meeting and crafting a healthcare plan which will still give consumers options but will also include a Public Option. We will also give the subsidy directly to the consumer instead of to the program. In addition, I am hoping to expand medicaid through the healthcare bill to give poor people the healthcare they need, but this plan should be up in the next month so you will be able to see all the specifics then Cheesy
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »

DFW

Get that tramp off of your signature.

Violation of the rules.
Oh I'd use some words in response that would be a violation of the rules, but I'm running a Presidential campaign Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

DFW

Get that tramp off of your signature.

Violation of the rules.
Oh I'd use some words in response that would be a violation of the rules, but I'm running a Presidential campaign Smiley

Yes, "some words" is about what I would expect from someone with a tramp like that in their signature.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »

Yes sir it's starting early this cycle Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2017, 11:59:11 PM by President dfwlibertylover »

OK EVERYONE we have our campaign banner made by our beautiful graphic designer Fhtagn!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »

I am excited to be taking part in "The Crusader" debates coming soon!

I have introduced a Constitutional Amendment in the Senate sponsored by Senator Scott to introduce Term limits for the Presidency into the Constitution. As I understand the Con Con voted this down due to concerns about activity, but I believe Atlasia will be fine if we impose 2 consecutive terms then 2 terms waiting before you can run for President again (including me of course!). In some inactive situations in fact you could hypothetically see someone run for multiple terms and entrench themselves in the White House. Better that we tackle this problem now than later in my opinion!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 03:04:43 PM »

Today I introduced the first in a major series of bills to begin our infrastructure reform and help combat climate change's impacts on our nation's shores. In fact, even if you don't believe in climate change, this will be imperative in helping ensure the major hurricanes do not wreak havoc on our Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean coastlines through storm surge. The need for such research and tools is proven by major hurricanes and storms such as Sandy, Katrina, Ike, Andrew, and hundreds of other hurricanes, both major and non-major. Additionally, the Pacific Ocean side will be imperative in preventing a major tsunami from destroying key cities such as Seattle and San Francisco in the event of a major earthquake, along with all communities and infrastructure located from the Atlasia-Mexico border to the Atlasia-Canada border. The price tag will be large, but it will be smaller than the price tag will have been in the event of a significant natural disaster.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 03:23:56 PM »

Given that those roads are deteriorating, it's not really going to matter what you spend on hurricanes if the roads themselves are collapsing.

Transportation funding has been abused for a long time. It needs to go into maintaining the existing roads first before money can be directed elsewhere.
first in a series, highway projects are coming soon Mr.Kenobi don't worry.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:22 PM »

So some people have asked, "DFW my boy, if you are running for re-election then why?" Well here's my list of accomplishments, obviously I haven't accomplished everything I set out to do in the first term, but only like one US President has ever done that and he ended up running again (and losing), so here's what I've done so far for your enjoyment and do keep in mind and I know this is a shock given our US government, but being President is mostly about Congress Surprise Surprise Surprise

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5557571#msg5557571 Signed the Come out of the Shadows Act which granted amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants while also strengthening border security to ensure that the rate of illegal immigration massively falls.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5561572#msg5561572 Implemented the Mexico City Policy. Some of you will hate this, some of you will love it, meh. I did it because I felt that A. helping to fund abortion organizations would degrade relations with some of our partners int he Middle East and B. we all want to decrease foreign aid.....so?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5567938#msg5567938 Signed the  Federal Penitentiary Reform Act of 2017, this helps with out criminal justice system and ends the practice of private prisons to jail prisoners.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5574411#msg5574411 Signed the Gas Tax Act of 2016, I really thought about this one for a long time as I do not like raising taxes at all, but I did sign it into law because part of my campaign promises were to help slowly transition towards renewable energy for a cleaner future, which was the core part of this bill.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5579912#msg5579912 Implemented Executive Order 9, which gave felons the right to vote and run for office. This is one of my proudest accomplishments, there is no reason felons should have their voting rights stricken permanently, thus I felt the need to implement this.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5617197#msg5617197
Moved cocaine related drugs to lowest prosecutable level, working with Senators to officially decriminalize this and other less harmful drugs as well for rehab purposes.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5632924#msg5632924 Signed Freedom to Drink act, lowering potential drinking age to 18 federally, with adjustments possible on a regional level.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5669025#msg5669025 Signed End the NSA Spying Act, which ended most NSA data collection although still allows for important terror monitoring.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5670506#msg5670506 Signed No More going hungry into Atlasia Act, which allows for for excess food to be donated to food banks and for school lunches not to be thrown away if they cannot be afforded, pretty common sense.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260024.msg5696125#msg5696125 Abolished the Tipped Minimum Wage, which had restricted the financial situation of countless families and workers, should help boost the paychecks of many in the food industry. (Bill created and introduced by me)

The preceding bills were some highlights of what I have done so far, there a few more bills that I did not mention and you can read them in this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=17.0

Here are some pending bills and a couple of ideas that I proposed, but Sad!ly failed:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=264226.0 The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017, this is a staple item for me as an avid weather watcher. This bill would allow for major repairs and rebuilding of our infrastructure to prevent storm surge and tsunami flooding along all of our major coastlines and rivers (in possible damage zones) and would save us billions, if not trillions of dollars down the road.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=264694.msg5659242#msg5659242 The Constitutional Amendment, this was proposed by Senator Scott and I as a common sense measure that would not allow any citizen (including myself of course!) to run for more than 2 consecutive terms, although it does allow for any President to run again at a later time if their is a need for them or want to do so.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261014.0 This one is a failed compromise bill that I introduced but withdrew due to lack of support. It would've made the rural minimum wage in the country 10$, the suburban wage 12$, and the urban wage 14$, this would've been a rise from some, stable for others. It would also ensure that the wage was not too high in rural areas.

Here are some things we are working on:

A BUDGET, this is something we seriously need but nobody has had time for, Sad! That being said this is being worked on and I promise it will be passed through if re-elected long before the end of my second term.

HEALTHCARE, yes yes I know "who knew healthcare could be so complicated", Speaker Yankee, Senator Scott, PPT PiT, and I have been working on this as they could all confirm.

INFRASTRUCTURE and JOBS, these go on and on we will rebuild the highway system and help the proposed high speed rail system between regions with federal funding. Along with job programs and infrastructure projects in Appalachia and other poor areas of Atlasia, along with ensuring water failures like the ones in Flint do not occur again.

FOREIGN POLICY - this is something we are working on and have of course been working on. I was the first President to visit Iran since their Theocratic revolution , in the name of diplomacy. I am actively working on a crisis in North Korea (mostly staying out of it to avoid escalation but keeping communication with China, South Korea, and Japan and preparing for a counter-attack if North Korea does attack us or our allies.) My Non-Interventionist tenet will continue if re-elected, as promised.

There is much more to come and I hope I can count on your vote for re-election!

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »

God, and I was gonna vote for you but you granted amnesty. Now I will run never endorse you.
ahhh but you told me your party doesn't vote in federal elections last night Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:08:44 PM »

Voting opens in 3 hour, this campaign has been elaborate and nearly every voter in Atlasia has been pmed, please don't forget to come out to support my re-election and our House majority!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 12:31:27 AM »

I would like to thank everyone who came out to vote for both the Federalist House slate and our Presidential ticket! It was a race that smashed every record except 1 (Duke's 2nd pref record of 79, fell 2 short of that one Sad ) and have a clear mandate to carry out the agenda that we have been pursuing and will continue to pursue throughout our 2nd term! I admit that Clyde did bring up some good points in his Presidential campaign, I will be working on getting us a new active GM who will help to make the game funner and I will be most likely making some changes to the Cabinet. I will also be ensuring that we finally get a budget out there, finish the foreign policy review, and get out the Healthcare bill that has been tirelessly worked on. I would like to congratulate the Federalist Party for securing another term with a House Majority, the Labor Party for securing a majority in the Senate, Prime Minister Truman for securing another term as Prime Minister of Fremont, Mike Wells for securing another term as Governor of Lincoln, R2D2 for securing another term as Lincoln Senator, and Barnes for securing his first term as Fremont Senator. In addition I would like to congratulate Senator Siren and Representative Clyde for an active and substantive campaign. I would also like to congratulate those who have been elected or re-elected in Fremont Parliament and Lincoln Assembly, along with all of the members who have been newly elected or re-elected in the House of Representatives.

We have a bright and long future ahead in this game, thank you and have a good 4 months!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies