Trump is the earthquake, shaking up the foundation of our country.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump is the earthquake, shaking up the foundation of our country.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump is the earthquake, shaking up the foundation of our country.  (Read 2101 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »

Good. We need it. I think he represents why I've been so out of touch and nostalgic since I was a young kid. I started watching news when? 1993? 1994? That's right around the time of the "globalization" everyone talks about.

I used to wonder "What changed?" and I hear from older people how there used to be more freedoms, less rules, less policies, less restrictions. It seems like the world, for a guy like me, used to be a much better place. If he's the guy to rip the new butthole to all these globalist elites, that is a very good thing.

Teens in High School used to drive during lunch to get McDonalds. Try doing that now and it's like a school-lockdown policy. People used to smoke in waiting rooms, even into the early 90s. Now I'm told I can't (literally) cross a line in the waiting room with a CUP OF COFFEE. A cup of coffee.

Who makes these rules? Who are these freaks? It's time to find them and put them in their place. Trump terrifies them because they've tried to create this world, and people hate it and are rebelling and he's the ultimate threat to it.

It's the angry good guy outrage from films like Falling Down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk9IMyP85Ko

What an directionless amalgamation of words.

It's pretty horrible when your worldview could be represented by a bowl of spaghetti.

I think Naso's off his game.  There should have been at least ten images scattered about that inane rant.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »

If you're interested, this video explains our era and what's to come very well. I've read his works from the 90's and the predictions made were very accurate to today's world so there seems to be something to this theory.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes in the Fourth Turning.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »

Good. We need it. I think he represents why I've been so out of touch and nostalgic since I was a young kid. I started watching news when? 1993? 1994? That's right around the time of the "globalization" everyone talks about.

I used to wonder "What changed?" and I hear from older people how there used to be more freedoms, less rules, less policies, less restrictions. It seems like the world, for a guy like me, used to be a much better place. If he's the guy to rip the new butthole to all these globalist elites, that is a very good thing.

Teens in High School used to drive during lunch to get McDonalds. Try doing that now and it's like a school-lockdown policy. People used to smoke in waiting rooms, even into the early 90s. Now I'm told I can't (literally) cross a line in the waiting room with a CUP OF COFFEE. A cup of coffee.

Who makes these rules? Who are these freaks? It's time to find them and put them in their place. Trump terrifies them because they've tried to create this world, and people hate it and are rebelling and he's the ultimate threat to it.

Speaking of Our Duly-Elected Fearful Leader, here's the AP's transcript of his interview in the Oval Office last Friday:
https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »

Speaking of Our Duly-Elected Fearful Leader, here's the AP's transcript of his interview in the Oval Office last Friday:
https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

This is cringe-level bad.

"AP: Do you feel that one of the things with cable is there's such real-time reaction with everything you say?

TRUMP: Yeah.

AP: Can you separate that sometimes from that actual decision?

TRUMP: The one thing —

AP: That you have to do —

TRUMP: OK. The one thing I've learned to do that I never thought I had the ability to do. I don't watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

AP: Right."
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 12:10:06 AM »

Arch, it is unfair to record our most endeared political leader in written form.

Clearly Trump made his fortune by inspiring others (and not paying anyone) to produce great things.

Now he gets his chance as President.

At least let him build the wall.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 10:34:44 AM »

I think he's saying he doesn't sit down to watch CNN & MSNBC on his own, but if he's passing by and it's on a TV somewhere, he might watch some.

It's too bad he doesn't watch them sometimes. You can learn something from what the other side thinks and how they present their points, even if it doesn't change your mind.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »

Teens in High School used to drive during lunch to get McDonalds. Try doing that now and it's like a school-lockdown policy. People used to smoke in waiting rooms, even into the early 90s.
Huh
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »

Donlald Trump isn't the earthquake. He's the hapless metereologist who sees the gathering Cat 5 storm and tells us to run directly into the eye of the storm and hope we survive (or if you prefer, he aimlessly wanders around). He can see the storm, but Donald Trump doesn't know how to handle a storm.

He is a symptom of what is to come, the destruction, the economic upheaval, and the populist revolt that will make 2016 look like a walk in the park. Republicans ignored Trump and ignore the populist storm as they coopt him.

He is a hapless fool who clings to the one nugget of electoral knowledge he honed to win the election. He has no idea how to fix the storm. Or even how to pilot the plane through it.

Does anyone believe that a wall or immigration restriction will genuinely ward off the economic storm? Or that the continuation of the policies we have had that leave out 50% of the country who are working class will continue to work? (I hate saying that, though).

Low taxes, free trade, and limited government are good ideas ... but they must not hold us hostage to the very real issues we face, such as educating our young, preparing them for the new economy, and protecting the economy from the marketplace's worst excesses. And truthfully, we may need to go more left than I'd be happy with.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »

Anyone who has seen the policies in this country, the economic statistics, and the forces of globalization and neoliberal thought throughout the United States since 2000, and the world cannot possibly avoid the inescapable conclusion we are about to face some very strong upheavals in society and we are facing a fundamental redefinition of the social contract, what it means to work, and the relationship between hard work and wages, along with the social relationship we have with one another.

Fact number one - China, India, the United States, Europe, and Japan have all seen working class populations, that for different reasons face stagnation and economic mobility issues. Fact number two - these people are justifiably angry at this lack of mobility and frustrated that globalization threatens their economic strength. Fact Number Three - growth since 2008 has been anemic and nowhere near the kind of pace needed to sustain our living standards. Fact Number Four - people have started being populists in responses. Look at the 2002 French result and look at the 2017 likely runoff result. 18% voted for FN, now it's likely to be 40%, a doubling. That's not accidental.

Ad the last most crucial fact is that our economies, as a global economy, are not as strong as we like to believe. The top line numbers may be OK, but the underlying fundamentals are still weak. Wage growth in the United States is anemic, and recovery  from the Great Recession wasn't exactly that great. I can't speak to Britain, China, or wherever (though I am researching that).

2008 was a foretaste of what would happen. We basically papered it over and hoped for the best. It was not exactly a ringing support of the policies that have been in place since 1945. Really, that was just inviting the beast to come into the house.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »

Yes, I don't understand why she might be upset that a sexual predator is in charge of her country.
We survived Bill Clinton, didn't we? Tongue
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »

I thought of Trump this morning and was reminded how much he is still shaking up this country.

Nobody has ever shaken up the Presidency the way he's doing it.

Will we survive 4 years of this?

It wasn't like those of us with clear sight didn't see this coming, and I simply can't imagine how all this blatant idiocy is going to play out in the end.

Scratching my head in disbelief at this Presidency.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies