Are you genuinely excited for election day in GA-6?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:00:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Are you genuinely excited for election day in GA-6?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Describe
Very excited

Excited

Meh

We need to shut down all elections until we figure out what's going on

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Are you genuinely excited for election day in GA-6?  (Read 1917 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »

I'm dying to see how close he can get to 50%

go!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »

If Ossof wins then I am excited.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 03:07:49 PM »

Nah, not much, but I'll take what I can get. More "excited" about Montana.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

I'm excited but I am constantly disappointed and bitter about the fact that the GOP can finagle wins in Massachusetts (Brown v Warren) or NYC (Bob Turner for Anthony Weiner's seat) but the Dems struggle to win in GOP areas.

**I grew up in Weiner's seat...I know it's not Brownstone Brooklyn liberal. I know.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »

Kinda. Georgia wasn't called for Trump until near midnight, so hopefully they count the vote way faster this time. I'd like to go to sleep at a normal time for once.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »

No shut down everything it might look fun from afar but Atlanta is a disaster right now. I-85 collapsed, I-20 buckled, they tried to shutdown 75 this morning. Either Marta got a vote up or Christie came to town.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »

I'm burned out on this election.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »

I'm excited but I am constantly disappointed and bitter about the fact that the GOP can finagle wins in Massachusetts (Brown v Warren) or NYC (Bob Turner for Anthony Weiner's seat) but the Dems struggle to win in GOP areas.

**I grew up in Weiner's seat...I know it's not Brownstone Brooklyn liberal. I know.

What about Kathy Hochul's 2011 (I think) special election victory?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »

anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 03:52:59 PM »

It's an election, so yeah.
Libertarian in Name Only
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »

I think we should have 3-4 elections a week instead of having them all at once so something like this happens every week lol
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »

Pretty pumped, but altogether more excited for the first round of the French election. Voted "excited".
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »

I think we should have 3-4 elections a week instead of having them all at once so something like this happens every week lol

That could be kind of interesting.  If they were evenly distributed, we'd have about 4 House elections a week and one Senator every three weeks.  Fun for us political junkies, but the general public would probably get tired of it!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »

The think pieces up about special elections reminded me of the good run Dems had in deep blue territory 10 years ago... MS-1, LA-6, IL-14. Even before Obama, that was tough territory for Dems.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »

What about Kathy Hochul's 2011 (I think) special election victory?

Yeah that was an exception I suppose, though that was partly due to 3rd party Tea Party candidate. To be honest I wasn't that plugged into politics until the 2008 election and wasn't able to vote in presidential elections until 2012 so I don't recall all the pre-Obama specials, but as of late it feels like Dems have problems organizing and closing the deal.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »

Meh - I'm worried he'll under-perform.

The barometer in the first round to me is 45%. If Ossoff gets above 45%, I think he has a shot in the run-off if he's facing off against Handel or Gray. If Ossoff gets below 45%, he probably loses no matter the Republican.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:28 PM »

Nope, it's just sad how much effort the Democrats are putting into here while they ignored KS-04, and might ignore MT-AL too.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »

Nope, it's just sad how much effort the Democrats are putting into here while they ignored KS-04, and might ignore MT-AL too.

I do think it's sad that they are ignoring other races and offering up pretty lame excuses, but at the same time I have to think there is at least some data showing that their efforts ultimately wouldn't work, even if it narrows the gap further. I don't think they are biased towards certain candidates - at least not right now as the minority party. Their job is to get a majority with whatever seats they can, and with limited resources.

Then again, overwhelmingly stupidity is always a possibility.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »

I'm sure you're rooting for one of the Republicans just because you're still angry at Sanders losing the primary. With that said, the national party investing in KS-4 wouldn't have been that helpful, because it would have drawn attention to the race. Thompson only got as close as he did because he was able to stay under the radar and mount somewhat of a sneak attack.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »

I'm sure you're rooting for one of the Republicans just because you're still angry at Sanders losing the primary. With that said, the national party investing in KS-4 wouldn't have been that helpful, because it would have drawn attention to the race. Thompson only got as close as he did because he was able to stay under the radar and mount somewhat of a sneak attack.

The Republican party was not ignoring KS-04. Only the Democratic party was. The idea that no one was paying attention is ridiculous.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »

The Republican party was not ignoring KS-04. Only the Democratic party was. The idea that no one was paying attention is ridiculous.

Up until the last week before the race, no one was really paying attention to the race. The race being a proxy war between the NRCC and DCCC would not have helped Thompson.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 06:14:04 PM »

Up until the last week before the race, no one was really paying attention to the race. The race being a proxy war between the NRCC and DCCC would not have helped Thompson.

They could have at least sent money.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:46 PM »

No one is going to win tomorrow, so I'm more excited for June 20.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 07:30:40 PM »

Heck yeah! Of course I want Ossoff to win, but even if he does not, I still will be excited to watch the election tomorrow night. I love watching elections, they are like sports games for me.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies