UK General Election, June 8th 2017
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:02:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, June 8th 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76
Author Topic: UK General Election, June 8th 2017  (Read 208447 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: June 06, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »

I'm clear: if human rights laws get in the way of tackling extremism and terrorism, we will change those laws to keep British people safe.
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/872181737933217794
Absolutely disgusting. Civil liberties should NEVER be compromised.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1801 on: June 06, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »

I'm clear: if human rights laws get in the way of tackling extremism and terrorism, we will change those laws to keep British people safe.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1802 on: June 06, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/871939971585855488

holy sh**t if this is true...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1803 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »

Unfortunately, this is what will get May another five years in downing street...
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1804 on: June 06, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »

Unfortunately, this is what will get May another five years in downing street...

No matter how small or infrequent attacks our, the people will BEG for their leaders to violate their civil liberties.

Source: the PATRIOT Act
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1805 on: June 06, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »

No matter how small or infrequent attacks our, the people will BEG for their leaders to violate their civil liberties.

Source: the PATRIOT Act
yes state repression is the people's fault, as usual.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1806 on: June 07, 2017, 01:15:05 AM »

May is so terrible. She was home secretary for 6 years, who is supposed to protect national security. And her foreign policy in Iraq, Syria, and Libya has helped make ISIS be a strong force there.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1807 on: June 07, 2017, 01:55:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/872201058671628292 Nicola Sturgeon said during the Scottish leaders debate that Kezia Dugdale said that Labour should not block the 2nd Scottish Independence Referendum the day after Brexit won.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1808 on: June 07, 2017, 03:26:37 AM »

Diane Abbott to be replaced as shadow home secretary due to 'ill health'

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-07/diane-abbott-to-be-replaced-as-shadow-home-secretary-due-to-ill-health/
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1809 on: June 07, 2017, 03:50:19 AM »

who else are we expecting "final polls" from today?
Klartext89

« Reply #1810 on: June 07, 2017, 03:53:38 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 04:01:58 AM by Klartext89 »

Indeed again very funny (and totally surprising of course) that Left-Wingers cry about "racism" because Diane Abbott, who is the only person in the world who lets Maxine-Waters and Nancy Pelosi look smart, is called what she is: The most incompetent and dumb politician ever, unfit to run an ice cream store and a threat to every British citizen.

Thank god, the nightmare will be over tomorrow and for the next 5 years, Britain will prosper and get their freedom with Brexit.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1811 on: June 07, 2017, 04:08:57 AM »

Indeed again very funny (and totally surprising of course) that Left-Wingers cry about "racism" because Diane Abbott, who is the only person in the world who lets Maxine-Waters and Nancy Pelosi look smart, is called what she is: The most incompetent and dumb politician ever, unfit to run an ice cream store and a threat to every British citizen.

Thank god, the nightmare will be over tomorrow and for the next 5 years, Britain will prosper and get their freedom with Brexit.

I voted Leave and I don't think we'll get anything approaching prosperity; the dear people in Brussels are too smart (in a malicious kind of way) to let that happen.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1812 on: June 07, 2017, 04:22:07 AM »

I voted Leave and I don't think we'll get anything approaching prosperity; the dear people in Brussels are too smart (in a malicious kind of way) to let that happen.

I mean, whatever you think about Brexit, it is pretty clear that Theresa May is going to be absolutely taken for a ride by the EU negotiators - she is nowhere near as capable a negotiator as they are, and has already done enough to piss of the rest of the EU to severely dent any hopes of the UK getting a good deal.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but Keir Starmer would do far better at the negotiation table than the absolutely hillarious upcoming spectacle of May, Davis, Fox and BoJo being blown away Barnier and Verhofstadt.
Klartext89

« Reply #1813 on: June 07, 2017, 04:23:32 AM »

There's a pearl of wisdom in German:

"hast du einen Opa dann schick ihn nach Europa"
(Do you have a grandpa, send him to Europe)

In other words: The politicians in Brussel are mostly failed ones who got to Brussel to be "out of the lights" and earn some Money before retiring forever. They aren't smart, our economic leaders are and they want a good deal. Let the EU(dSSR) talk, no one really cares.

But one thing is clear: Merkel would eat Corbyn before breakfast. This lightweight would be a joke, but I'm totally relaxed and expect a large 350 seat Tory government.
Klartext89

« Reply #1814 on: June 07, 2017, 04:24:52 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 04:26:50 AM by Klartext89 »

I mean, whatever you think about Brexit, it is pretty clear that Theresa May is going to be absolutely taken for a ride by the EU negotiators - she is nowhere near as capable a negotiator as they are, and has already done enough to piss of the rest of the EU to severely dent any hopes of the UK getting a good deal.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but Keir Starmer would do far better at the negotiation table than the absolutely hillarious upcoming spectacle of May, Davis, Fox and BoJo being blown away Barnier and Verhofstadt.

That's maybe the most delusional posting I have seen on Atlas. Maybe ever.

Verhofstadt and the drunken man Juncker can't even blow a balloon, hope for you that you just made fun, otherwise you should consider a doctor.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1815 on: June 07, 2017, 04:25:38 AM »

so much was clear from the start, that's why i didn't get how any politically educated person could think about leave as a way to growth.
Klartext89

« Reply #1816 on: June 07, 2017, 04:29:09 AM »

so much was clear from the start, that's why i didn't get how any politically educated person could think about leave as a way to growth.

The reality Shows that you're still in denial while Britain is growing thanks to the joy of Brexit. But as a follower of the EU(dSSR) superstate, I understand why you're having a hard time with Brexit ^^

Ok guys, had enough fun. Just keep on telling yourself that reality is different and get ready for the wake up call tomorrow :-D
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1817 on: June 07, 2017, 04:33:57 AM »

That's maybe the most delusional posting I have seen on Atlas. Maybe ever.

Verhofstadt and the drunken man Juncker can't even blow a balloon, hope for you that you just made fun, otherwise you should consider a doctor.

Earth to Klartext, you should really come back some day, it isn't healthy living up there in your hate bubble.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1818 on: June 07, 2017, 04:41:18 AM »

I voted Leave, i have family members who are in the fishing industry,
People voted leave for different reasons...

sure and many just wanted to send a statement or smth.

this is more or less ah-okay with me, i am just baffled about those who seem to expect, the deal with the rest of europe would be LESS expensive than before. independence means paying (indirectly) more to influence less.
EnglishPete

« Reply #1819 on: June 07, 2017, 05:32:17 AM »

If you're interested in seeing just how partisan UK newspapers can be here is the front pages of the Sun and the Daily Mail today, Britain's two most popular daily newspapers with a combined circulation of just over 3 million. From what I know of US newspapers I gather that the New York Post (like the Sun owned by Murdoch) would be a rough equivalent in the US).

EnglishPete

« Reply #1820 on: June 07, 2017, 05:47:02 AM »

For those who are interested here are the front pages today of the UK's other national Daily morning newspapers, in descending order of circulation

London freesheet newspaper Metro

Labour supporting tabloid the Daily Mirror

Tory supporting broadsheet the Daily Telegraph

Murdoch owned Tory supporting the Times

The Daily Star, a tabloid that leans right but largely steers clear of politics (lots of topless pics of women inside not so many long words)

Right wing Tabloid the Daily Express

Liberal compact newspaper the i

The Financial Times, liberal centrist financial newspaper

And the left leaning Guardian most of you will be familiar with from its website

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1821 on: June 07, 2017, 05:49:46 AM »

Survation: Final pre-election public polling for #GE2017 from Survation will be published after 10pm tonight with final fieldwork completing at 9pm.

Back in 2015 they had an unpublished poll which had CON ahead by 6%. I think this poll will still have CON and LAB at near parity and I guess the lesson from 2015 is not to hold back.
EnglishPete

« Reply #1822 on: June 07, 2017, 06:30:22 AM »

Details of LucidTalk poll and projections

EnglishPete

« Reply #1823 on: June 07, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »

For those that wonder what the NI seats would mean in case of a hung Parliament

DUP normally vote with Conservatives, in the event of a hung Parliament they can effectively be counted as part of the Conservative total

UUP normally vote with Conservatives, in the event of a hung Parliament they can effectively be counted as part of the Conservative total

SDLP normally vote with Labour, in the event of a hung Parliament they can effectively be counted as part of the Labour total

Former UUP MP Lady Sylvia Hermon broke with her former party in 2010 over an electoral pact they had formed with the Conservatives and since then has been reelected twice as an independent unionist. She normally votes with Labour. In the event of a hung Parliament she can effectively be counted as part of the Labour total.

Sinn Fein MPs abstain from the UK Parliament due to their refusal to take the oath to be sworn in. They therefore cannot be counted as part of any party's effective total as they do not vote.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1824 on: June 07, 2017, 07:22:05 AM »

Although if there was a hung parliament the Unionists probably would need to be... convinced to vote for a government budget regardless of who is in government.  At times the unionists have supported Labour governments, for a price naturally.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies