UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election, June 8th 2017  (Read 208952 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: May 29, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »

Last time I checked, Teresa May said she's not debating.

What changed her mind ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:11 AM »

I really don't buy these latest numbers of a tightening race.

My stomach still says the Tories will win comfortably by a double-digit margin.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 05:49:23 AM »

Corbyn/Labour might come into serious trouble in the final days:

(... enter pictures of Corbyn addressing an Islamic terrorist group back in 2002 ...)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »

On election night are there any websites which do live forecasts of the final outcome?

I am not talking about the 10pm exit poll. I mean forecasts from early results.

I doubt it. There are no early results; constituencies are only declared after every vote has been counted.

I mean during the declarations of the constituencies. Is there any website that has a rolling projection?

BBC, Sky News, all the major newspapers, Politico.eu and so on ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:15:16 AM »

Yeah, unbelievable ...

I cannot imagine that the UK voters will allow Corbyn and Labour to come anywhere close to power on Thursday. Corbyn is a radical and a security risk that needs to be shut out from power.

It's better for UK voters to remain calm and give the steady Theresa May a strong mandate for the next years.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

Corbyn/Labour might come into serious trouble in the final days:

(... enter pictures of Corbyn addressing an Islamic terrorist group back in 2002 ...)

F***ing incredible.

He is what he is.

If he was to come to power, it would potentially create a world crisis. I think that'll weigh heavily on voters' minds when they vote. As well as potential coalition partners'.

I think the Tories and May might be slightly too nice on Corbyn right now.

It would be better if she'd portray him more as the terrorist-cuddling traitor to the country that he is - while pointing out that she's leading the country through a difficult period (allthough she didn't do anything wrong).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:24:20 AM »

He is what he is.

If he was to come to power, it would potentially create a world crisis. I think that'll weigh heavily on voters' minds when they vote. As well as potential coalition partners'.

Who's in the White House again?

Yeah, but with Corbyn the world would just get another lunatic leader. This time from the Far Left.

The choice for UK voters on Thursday is clear: steady May or a terrorist-cuddling traitor.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »

The choice for UK voters on Thursday is clear: steady May or a terrorist-cuddling traitor.

The same 'steady May' whose government throws money at the Saudi Arabian regime? The same 'steady May' who has overseen huge cuts to the police? The same 'steady May' who gave a state visit offer to Trump just days after he took office? The same 'steady May' who has made the only major U-turn during a general election campaign that the veteran psephologist Sir David Butler (who has been writing about elections since 1945) can recall? The term 'steady' no longer applies to May and this is reflected in her personal ratings now.

Yes. The choice is clear.

The Trump offer for a state visit only shows good manners on her part (even if you can debate if he deserves one or not).

The situation with Saudi-Arabia is difficult, because they are spreading their tentacles everywhere. SPÖ and ÖVP also have their fair share of problems with the Saudis who are funding the radical muslim kindergartens in Vienna which are highly anti-semitic and hate-preach backwards views to small children and who are popping out there like mushrooms (but which actually should be banned and put under supervision of the state).

And while I'm not really familiar with the police cuts and this u-turn you posted, the police still does a good job in eliminating the Muslim extremists. In 8 minutes after all. No reason to blame May.

Corbyn on the other hand stands shoulder-to-shoulder with terrorists ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:40 AM »

Still no source provided for that blurb.
I search engined it and found that it was from the highly prestigious news source "Guido Fawkes."

True, but here you have another source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11749043/Andrew-Gilligan-Jeremy-Corbyn-friend-to-Hamas-Iran-and-extremists.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »

Still no source provided for that blurb.
I search engined it and found that it was from the highly prestigious news source "Guido Fawkes."

True, but here you have another source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11749043/Andrew-Gilligan-Jeremy-Corbyn-friend-to-Hamas-Iran-and-extremists.html

An opinion column from two years ago that doesn't mention the rally that first article was about.

Maybe, but the bottom line is that Corbyn was and is cozying up to terrorists, while May wants to get rid of them. That's what matters on Thursday.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »

The age gap is huuuuge:

Olds and retired people vote Torie by 20-30 point margins, young people under 30 vote Labour by a 20 point margin.

The good thing for the Tories is that old people are much more motivated to vote, with 80-90% saying they will definitely vote, compared to only 65% of young people ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »

I've got a decision to make.  Should I work my dinner shift tomorrow night or take the night off and watch the coverage of the election (my dinner shift would coincide with a lot of the results coming in). If its close and dramatic I'd rather have the night off, if not would rather work.  At this point I'm leaning toward working.

Better work ...

The big picture will only be available during the morning anyway. If you work, just watch the exit poll when polls close and the rest when you come home.

Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies