UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election, June 8th 2017  (Read 208402 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: May 17, 2017, 04:35:10 PM »

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/john-mcdonnell/news/85905/john-mcdonnell-polls-are-showing

John McDonnell (Shadow Chancellor): Polls are showing Labour is going to win the election

This is very problematic in terms of logic and math.  It is one thing to say the polls are wrong it is another to say polls which show at best LAB behind CON by 14% shows that LAB is going to win.

It's quite hard to know who's most separated from reality between him and Diane Abbott...
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:09:31 AM »

Does anyone else miss the days when discussion of say UK Elections on Atlas was erudite, informed and for the most part good natured? As it stands this thread is a disgrace; I keep meaning check back a few pages to see if I have replies to make but I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I most certainly do.  International elections used to be the best of Atlas and you used to be able to learn a great deal about other countries' political culture, geography and core issues. Nowadays the general hackery from the US Presidential Elections forum has really started to spill over here as well.

Maybe we should create an invite only discussion group where you're only invited if you know where British coal miners stand politically and you don't just fling political dung in every direction you go.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »

It's quite funny that Corbyn might actually beat Blair in 2005 in the popular vote and still lose to the Tories substantially. Even though I can't stand Corbyn and his ilk it really goes to show how dysfunctional FPTP is.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies