The first Jewish American president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The first Jewish American president
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The first Jewish American president  (Read 3012 times)
mencken
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 08:21:42 AM »

This isn't going to happen because of the growth of the alt-right. Anyone Jewish will be slandered to the point of ruin.

The Antifa left doesn't like Jewish Americans either.

Um, wrong. The "antifa left" dislikes pro-Israel politicians, whether they are Jewish or not. Left wing opposition to Israel has nothing to do with anti Semitism, unlike on the right.

When a movement believes that a political opinion held by the vast majority of Jews is grounds for violence against members of that group, that is de facto anti-semitism.

The antifa movement is aligned with the massively anti-semitic BDS movement and their tendency towards indiscriminate violence makes them a massive threat to the Jewish population, especially the centrist liberal majority.

I find it unlikely there'll be a Jewish president in the near future. Not enough conservative Jews, and the Dems are only going to become less friendly.

WTF is the BDS Movement???

This is an honest question and not troll fishing....

My older sister is Orthodox Jewish and generally sympathetic to the Antifa movement (Although as a pacifist she doesn't believe in "fighting fire with fire" and all that). I'm curious as to why she has never once mentioned this "organization" after many conversations over the years of political conversations...

Boycott, Divest, Sanction, which seeks to economically blockade that most vile and inhumane nation in the Middle East, Israel1. From my observations on college campus, their attitudes toward domestic Jews are no better than toward Jews abroad.

1Due to Poe's Law, I must clarify that I am obviously being sarcastic.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

BDS has virtually no influence on the Democratic Party.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 06:19:58 PM »

This isn't going to happen because of the growth of the alt-right. Anyone Jewish will be slandered to the point of ruin.

The Antifa left doesn't like Jewish Americans either.

Um, wrong. The "antifa left" dislikes pro-Israel politicians, whether they are Jewish or not. Left wing opposition to Israel has nothing to do with anti Semitism, unlike on the right.

When a movement believes that a political opinion held by the vast majority of Jews is grounds for violence against members of that group, that is de facto anti-semitism.

The antifa movement is aligned with the massively anti-semitic BDS movement and their tendency towards indiscriminate violence makes them a massive threat to the Jewish population, especially the centrist liberal majority.

I find it unlikely there'll be a Jewish president in the near future. Not enough conservative Jews, and the Dems are only going to become less friendly.

WTF is the BDS Movement???

This is an honest question and not troll fishing....

My older sister is Orthodox Jewish and generally sympathetic to the Antifa movement (Although as a pacifist she doesn't believe in "fighting fire with fire" and all that). I'm curious as to why she has never once mentioned this "organization" after many conversations over the years of political conversations...

Boycott, Divest, Sanction, which seeks to economically blockade that most vile and inhumane nation in the Middle East, Israel1. From my observations on college campus, their attitudes toward domestic Jews are no better than toward Jews abroad.

1Due to Poe's Law, I must clarify that I am obviously being sarcastic.
What? BDS has very little support outside of Amherst or Berkeley, and even there, it's hardly a majority view.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 05:25:07 PM »

Honestly, at this point it might be Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and Chelsea Clinton.

The Jewish Democrats in elected office are getting older. Al Franken could be a credible candidate, but we haven't seen much interest, and there are more prominent faces in the party.

Due to the lack of prominent obvious Jewish officeholders at the moment, it's probably not going to be someone in 2020 or 2024. When we get to later elections, those may very well involve people who aren't currently in major elected office.)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »

Honestly, at this point it might be Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and Chelsea Clinton.

The Jewish Democrats in elected office are getting older. Al Franken could be a credible candidate, but we haven't seen much interest, and there are more prominent faces in the party.

Due to the lack of prominent obvious Jewish officeholders at the moment, it's probably not going to be someone in 2020 or 2024. When we get to later elections, those may very well involve people who aren't currently in major elected office.)

Chelsea Clinton is a Methodist
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 02:27:12 PM »

Perhaps former Republican Congressman Eric Cantor of Virginia will make a comeback.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »

I'm going to go with either Jason Kander or Eric Greitens (both from Missouri).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 10:02:07 PM »

Likelihood:
1. Bernie Sanders
2. Eric Greitens
3. Jared Kushner
4. Ivanka Trump
5. Al Franken
6. Ron Wyden
7. Brian Schatz
8. Lee Zeldin

Modified by adding in Greitens, Kushner, and Ivanka.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies