Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 158447 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2017, 08:21:29 AM »

So apparently this is what Moore said about America and Putin:

https://politicalwire.com/2017/08/11/roy-moore-suggests-america-evil/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »

So apparently this is what Moore said about America and Putin:

https://politicalwire.com/2017/08/11/roy-moore-suggests-america-evil/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's right that America does promote a lot of bad things, but f[inks]ing hell, gay marriage is not one of them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:17 AM »

Wow, yeah, I was starting to send feelers towards potential support for Strange instead, but no, Roy Moore has won be back permanently. Anyone who says 'But America' is the perfect candidate for me. You can do it, Roy!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »

The Alabama Republican Assembly is backing Moore.

Also, I dug up Moore's election map from 2012. He lost by only 3.5%, even as Romney was walloping Obama by 22%. I'm starting to actually think Democrats should make a serious play if Moore is the nominee. Moore could be the GOP version of Martha Coakley.

This being a off-season election could help making or more competitive.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »

Has anyone seen polls of how Moore, Brooks, and Strange would each do in the head to head runoff?
The general? Or a primary runoff?

Moore vs Strange: Moore 45% Strange 34%

Jeez. So Moore actually may have a shot in the runoff after all. Wowzers!

No numbers regarding matchups with either candidate against Brooks, I assume?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Roy Moore will apparently be riding horseback to the polls.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »

Has anyone seen polls of how Moore, Brooks, and Strange would each do in the head to head runoff?

Nothing with Brooks, that I have seen thus far.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »

Having a judge in the senate could be fun.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

It might get strange into the run-off lol.

Roy Moore is much more authentically trumpian. Strange is just an impostor. I think the Trumpkins will see that and give Moore the nomination.

Moore is a Constitutionalist.  He's also got credibility.  If I lived in AL, I'd vote for him.

There is nothing constitutional about standing in open defiance to two separate and correct Supreme Court decisions.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »

Nothing with Brooks, that I have seen thus far.

There was a runoff matchup of Moore and Brooks, with Moore absolutely demolishing Brooks.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2017, 11:24:58 PM »

Do you guys think that if Doug Jones and Roy Moore emerge as the nominees, this race could end up somewhat resembling Massachusetts 2010? It would give Democrats a pickup that they could hold just long enough that they have a slightly less steep hill to climb in 2018, and when they likely lose the seat in 2020, they will have picked up seats elsewhere.

The early polls(not that they're all that telling at this point in time) show it surprisingly close(at least for Alabama) and I think this could end up like a MA 2010 redux.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2017, 11:49:20 PM »

Do you guys think that if Doug Jones and Roy Moore emerge as the nominees, this race could end up somewhat resembling Massachusetts 2010? It would give Democrats a pickup that they could hold just long enough that they have a slightly less steep hill to climb in 2018, and when they likely lose the seat in 2020, they will have picked up seats elsewhere.

The early polls(not that they're all that telling at this point in time) show it surprisingly close(at least for Alabama) and I think this could end up like a MA 2010 redux.

Massachusetts is more flexible in elections downballot than olympic gymnasts. Meanwhile, Alabama makes this guy look flexible by comparison:

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2017, 11:56:57 PM »

No, Roy Moore is clearly not Martha Coakley in terms of campaigning ability. And even if it did, it just means that democrats don't need a three-way in Utah. They'd still have to hold every seat they have and pick up NV/AZ, which is an extremely difficult path.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »

Massachusetts is more flexible in elections downballot than olympic gymnasts. Meanwhile, Alabama makes this guy look flexible by comparison:

lol, true. I feel like blue states in general are more open to electing conservatives/Republicans than vice-versa.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »

Seriously. There's tons of chatter about primary polling there. I don't get it. It's about as exciting as the special to replace Xavier Becerra: not at all.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2017, 09:48:57 AM »

lol, true. I feel like blue states in general are more open to electing conservatives/Republicans than vice-versa.

Then why are there 15 Democratic Senators from red* states and only 3 Republican Senators from blue* states?

*Red and blue are defined relative to the 2016 popular vote
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »

There are 3 statewide elections this year. 1 of them is in Alabama, and that one happens to be the only senatorial election in 2017.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2017, 12:41:30 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 01:00:06 PM by MT Treasurer »

This is definitely not the case when you look at the number of red state Democrats (4-6, depending on what you count as "red") vs. blue state Republicans (only 2-3, 1 of who is DOA in 2020 and the other who will likely lose in 2018) in the Senate. MA is just as inflexible as AL in federal races, and arguably even more so.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2017, 09:07:06 PM »

If Moore becomes the GOP nominee (of which I think there is a 49% chance) it could potentially be competitive and draw some attention.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »

If Moore becomes the GOP nominee (of which I think there is a 49% chance) it could potentially be competitive and draw some attention.

A Democratic senator, in Alabama, in 2017, yeah, well, okay. I don't think I'll ever see that.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »

A Democratic senator, in Alabama, in 2017, yeah, well, okay. I don't think I'll ever see that.

Competitive, not a D win but competitive with Moore is possible.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2017, 09:19:34 PM »

Competitive, not a D win but competitive with Moore is possible.

If it's competitive with Moore, it'll be competitive with Strange as well.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »

Moore's pretty popular in Alabama, as far as I've seen. Moreso than Strange or Brooks. It's not inconceivable he could do better than Strange will, it's not like he needs money (like 95% name recognition for being involved in Alabama politics for a decade and a half).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies