Clyde for House • A New Beginning
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde for House • A New Beginning
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clyde for House • A New Beginning  (Read 350 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »

CLYDE FOR HOUSE - A NEW BEGINNING

It's been two months since the election of a majority Federalists House, but in April we're heading towards a new dawn in Atlasian politics that will end the Federalist's two month control of the House and return Congress to Labor.

As a former Senator, Representative and regional legislator, I am experienced in dealing with the issues that Atlasian politics throws at us. With Labor's slate this election, we've got a get blend of experienced heads and a fresh faces that will lead this nation to better pastures. Despite the Federalists majority, our Laborites in the House have been able to get their legislation through Congress by proposing legislation that appeals to all Atlasians and by forming alliances and co-operating with others. I am committed to helping my follow Laborites pass their legislation for the benefit of all Atlasians.

Despite not being in Congress, I have proposed a number of bills that have been debated by our federal legislature in the last term. These were a bill that seeks to ratify Montenegro's NATO membership and a piece of legislation to create a baby box scheme - polices that I'm sure a majority of Atlasians support. These bills will hopefully show that I'm ready to return to office.

But what else is around the corner, should you elect me to be a Representative again I hear you ask? Notably, I'm proposing the creation of commissions to look into the system of government that Atlasia uses and to look into the transfer of exclusive powers to the regions. The former will seek to formulate a more accountable, fair and efficient federal legislature, while the latter seeks to bring about meaningful exclusive powers to the regions that will make people more interested in regional politics. I have already discussed these issues with a number of people and will hopefully be bring the legislation forward early in the next Congressional term.

To assist with federal-regional co-operation, I will propose that the President should create the Department of Regional Affairs with a Congress member as the Secretary for the Regions. This will give the regional governments a person within Congress to discuss issues with, while the Secretary will assist with defending regional issues within the federal structure.

On top of this, I wish to give the Game Moderator's office more powers. This could be the opportunity to create a statistically body, as part of the Game Moderator's office, that will produce figures for economic growth, population changes, unemployment, average wages, exchange rates and more. The statistical data would give Atlasia a new edge, allowing our elected officials to focus on specific issues in our country - rather than having to focus on general issues.

Friends, this is just the beginning. Over the next few days I will be confirming my views on other issues, such as childcare and the environment, as well as noting in more detail my proposals to how to change the federal legislature and what exclusive powers should be in the hands of the regions.

I call on everyone to support my fellow Laborites - Peebs, OneJ, Simossad and Drew - and myself. It's time for an active, prosperous and progressive Atlasia.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:33:50 PM »

Endorsed, naturally. Clyde has proven himself time and again to be a first-class lawmaker, and boasts one of the strongest resumes of anyone in this game. It will be an honor to support him at the polls next weekend.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »

Renewable Energy
A key plank of my platform is renewable energy. I will seek to introduce legislation that will provide subsidies to individuals and companies that wish to install renewable energy sources on their land. This is very important, as it allows the country to advance with our movement away from fossil fuels without concerns about lack of affordability to do so. This is the first important step towards my overall aim of 100% of our energy being created through renewable energy sources.

To further assist in reaching this goal, I will introduce a bill that provides a rebate per kilowatt hour of energy produced through renewable energy sources. This will be similar to an act that was passed in old Northeast Assembly when I was a rookie legislator. The purpose of this bill will be to allow for people to receive money back after they have installed their renewable energy sources, and for existing installations, that will give additional incentive for people to install these renewable energy sources as it will be an investment that they can get a return on.

With my goal being 100% of our energy being created via renewable means, I recognise that we have a lot of work to do. In 2016, only 15.34% of our energy was created through renewable means, but this is up 1.69% on the previous year. I believe that my plans on renewable energy will accelerate the uptake of renewable energy sources that will help our nation become one of the greenest in the world.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:47 AM »

Endorsed for very high preference! I look forward on working with you in the house. You have the right ideas and the right experience Atlasia needs.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »

Endorsed for Third Preference
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

Endorsed!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »

Endorsed for whateverth preference probably top 3
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:28 PM »

You have my happy support, for what it's worth, dear comrade! Wink
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »

Endorsed, naturally. Clyde has proven himself time and again to be a first-class lawmaker, and boasts one of the strongest resumes of anyone in this game. It will be an honor to support him at the polls next weekend.
Endorsed for very high preference! I look forward on working with you in the house. You have the right ideas and the right experience Atlasia needs.
Endorsed for whateverth preference probably top 3
You have my happy support, for what it's worth, dear comrade! Wink

Thanks for the support everyone. Smiley
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:01 AM »

Endorsed for House. Clyde would make a good House member.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »

You're one of my favorite Laborites, so you'll have a preference from me. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies