Leinad For House! Campaign Thread and AMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:26:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leinad For House! Campaign Thread and AMA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leinad For House! Campaign Thread and AMA  (Read 1347 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:46:58 AM »
« edited: April 20, 2017, 03:57:58 AM by Senator Leinad »

Basic Information
Candidate: Leinad (Federalist-Georgia)
Experience: President, Governor, Senator, etc.
Election Date: April 21st-23rd
Official Campaign Song: Beirut - Postcards From Italy (obviously not a perfect fit for my campaign but I love it and why the heck not?)

Endorsements
Senator & PPT PiT (Fed-LA)
Governor RGN (Fed-NY)
Senator LongLiveRock (Lab-CO) (high preference)
Representative & Professional Election Rigger Peebs (Lab-NC) (high preference)

Events
Announcement Speech

See Also
The Senate campaign we are not to speak of
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:48:45 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 04:20:41 AM by Senator Leinad »

Ask questions everyone! Yes, I know, Atlasia AMAs often don't work well, but see, I want to drone on about what you want me to drone on about. Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:26:40 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 06:37:08 AM by Senator Leinad »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

DOWN BUT NOT OUT

(sorry couldn't resist--please proceed in asking any questions you may have!)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

What sort of policies are you looking at bringing forward if you are elected?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »

As we approach the one-year anniversary of the Fourth Constitution, to what extent to you feel the new game has lived up to the promise of the Constitutional Convention? Apart from activity, what further actions ought we take to achieve that promise (whether structural or cultural changes)?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »

Why did you run?
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »

Endorsed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:37 AM »

What sort of policies are you looking at bringing forward if you are elected?

Tax reform to get rid of the loopholes that the rich and big businesses exploit so we can lower taxes across the board without as much of a hit on revenue (which with a majority left-wing Senate and a fiscally moderate President matters a lot Tongue). Loosening of Atlasian drug policy. Making sure we follow through with an anti-war focus to foreign affairs, realizing that getting in everyone's business is a recipe for disaster. A few other ideas I'm trying to put together, but you get the general idea.

As we approach the one-year anniversary of the Fourth Constitution, to what extent to you feel the new game has lived up to the promise of the Constitutional Convention? Apart from activity, what further actions ought we take to achieve that promise (whether structural or cultural changes)?

In many ways, no. In some ways, yes, but it's coming slowly. The problems with the game come more from mindset than structural changes. I think people get caught up on the wrong things (see: crusades against "nice guys" or whatever), which hurts sometimes. Also lots of people don't post enough, for several reasons. Maybe they have too high a standard/narrow a mindset of what is post-worthy, or maybe they lack creativity (see: Wednesday Night Live, which I will bring back one of these days but I hate the idea of forcing it), or maybe they are too overwhelmed by the "activity drought" that they don't post at all.

As far as solutions, it's up to everyone to do what they can to make the game more fun for them and others.

Because I like Atlasia, and I want to continue holding office here. It's one of the fun things I participate in. That's enough reason, right? Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 06:36:12 PM »

In many ways, no. In some ways, yes, but it's coming slowly. The problems with the game come more from mindset than structural changes. I think people get caught up on the wrong things (see: crusades against "nice guys" or whatever), which hurts sometimes. Also lots of people don't post enough, for several reasons. Maybe they have too high a standard/narrow a mindset of what is post-worthy, or maybe they lack creativity (see: Wednesday Night Live, which I will bring back one of these days but I hate the idea of forcing it), or maybe they are too overwhelmed by the "activity drought" that they don't post at all.

As far as solutions, it's up to everyone to do what they can to make the game more fun for them and others.
Yeah, I would largely agree that most of the knots left to work out have more to do with how we play the game than with how the game is set up. Of course, Congress could always run more smoothly, and there are some interesting structural reforms being considered at the regional level (parliamentary democracy in Fremont, and the possibility of new state boundaries in the South); but as a general rule, it goes back to what Yankee said last year: at the end of the day, no matter how many constitutional amendments and cabinet reforms you pass, you have to play the game. As far as "nice guys" are concerned, the people I've heard use that term (who may not be the same people you're talking about) do so in the context of referring to post-ideological campaigns that focus more on building personality cults than talking about the issues. In all honesty, I've been discouraged by the extent to which campaigning seems to have become a lost art, replaced by 24-7 PM operations and IRC haggling. Sadly, this is a disease that has infected both parties – the last presidential campaign was generally devoid of substance – so I'm glad folks like you and Yankee are still around to make sure this remains a political simulation, as opposed to a glorified student council.

Anyways, good luck!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »

When will you reveal the fact that you breed dinosaurs in your basement, having been inspired by the Jurassic Park franchise?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 06:58:37 PM »

When will you reveal the fact that you breed dinosaurs in your basement, having been inspired by the Jurassic Park franchise?

Or the fact that it was actually inspired by Dinosaur King, which was "totally not" a low energy rip off of Pokemon. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

DOWN BUT NOT OUT

(sorry couldn't resist--please proceed in asking any questions you may have!)

18 Down and One to Go was used in my April 2015 campaign. Tongue

It was also the name of a CSI episode.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »

endorsed, duh
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies