GA-06 runoff poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:43:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 runoff poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: The runoff is now upon us. Who wins?
Jon Ossoff

Karen Handel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 136

Author Topic: GA-06 runoff poll  (Read 4651 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »

I live in the district and just spoke to Handel about a month ago.....Ossoff and the Democrats have peaked....it's not longer fun...now it's work....GOP is just getting started.  She has been around a long time....53-47 Karen.

So many platitudes
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

I'll say Ossoff ekes out a win for now, but it could definitely go either way.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »

Ossoff, the Democrats have too much momentum in the district to lose at this point.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »

Ossoff, the Democrats have too much momentum in the district to lose at this point.

The election is in 2 months.  Who knows who will have the momentum in June?  That's two eternities in politics.

I generally don't make predictions, and certainly don't make predictions two months out.  All I can say is that it's a true Tossup at this time.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »

Republican vote in first round is 51.02%. Democrat vote is 48.89%. Republicans will be in a stronger position for the second round. Handel will win.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 02:54:52 AM »

I can't remember an election where a candidate consolidates more than 95% of all the other opponent's combined vote. Even if HRC lost 9% of the Dem vote to Trump, chances are those 9% etc were all Bernie voters & it would be 16-17% of all Bernie voters lost to Trump (forget Stein/Johnson defection from bernie). Even if those people hold Handel more favorable, will everyone of them turn out for Handel?

I predict Ossoff getting 10-15% of the other GOP vote depending on how the campaign goes. Ossoff 52/53 - Handel 47/48.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 09:06:57 AM »

Handel wins 52-48 or so.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »

Ossoff wins 52-48. I doubt every single Republican who voted in the first round will vote for Handel, and right now Ossoff has all the momentum.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »

This is not just about consolidating all Republican support. Turnout, the national mood, ground game, Handel's campaign, the Independent vote (yes, I know this district is not very elastic, but even a small number of undecideds could make a difference here) will all be important factors, so I'm not convinced that Ossoff has this in the bag already. Tossup for now, and if I had to call it, 52-48 or 53-47 Handel.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »

Ossoff wins 52-48. I doubt every single Republican who voted in the first round will vote for Handel, and right now Ossoff has all the momentum.

I think this is an understated factor in the race.  If you add the 0.8% that voted for other Dems and the 0.9% who voted for the hardcore NeverTrump McMullin-endorsed candidate Abroms, Ossoff is basically there for the runoff, not to mention a few Bob Gray supporters staying home in the runoff.  I think it would be very hard for him to get to 52%, though.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »

I think this is an understated factor in the race.  If you add the 0.8% that voted for other Dems and the 0.9% who voted for the hardcore NeverTrump McMullin-endorsed candidate Abroms, Ossoff is basically there for the runoff, not to mention a few Bob Gray supporters staying home in the runoff.  I think it would be very hard for him to get to 52%, though.

I think you could also add in the .2% of the Woke Muslim guy to Ossoff.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »

I think you could also add in the .2% of the Woke Muslim guy to Ossoff.

Yes, if Ossoff loses the runoff, it will be because people who voted for him in the 1st round don't show up.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »

Basically a coin flip right now.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 07:26:10 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 07:27:47 PM by Ronnie »

The media is going to hype this race so much, to the point that it wouldn't even surprise me if one or more major TV networks air the debate between him and Handel.  For that reason alone, I think turnout is going to be really high, which I would guess benefits Handel more than Ossoff, considering there are just more Republicans in the district than Democrats.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 07:49:52 PM »

The media is going to hype this race so much, to the point that it wouldn't even surprise me if one or more major TV networks air the debate between him and Handel.  For that reason alone, I think turnout is going to be really high, which I would guess benefits Handel more than Ossoff, considering there are just more Republicans in the district than Democrats.

I don't think the race could possibly get any more local visibility than it already has.
Angrie

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »

50.0000000000000000000000000% to 50.0000000000000000000000000% exact tie.

What do they do if this happens? Have a coin toss as the tie breaker, right?
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »

Handel is actually a pretty good candidate....despite all the excuses and hatred on the left and extremist left she has won statewide and in Fulton (the largest county in the district)
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 06:28:30 PM »

Handel is actually a pretty good candidate....despite all the excuses and hatred on the left and extremist left she has won statewide and in Fulton (the largest county in the district)

When did that ever happen?
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »

I'll go with 52-48 for the final outcome. I don't think Ossoff will pick up any further votes--reduced Dem turnout for the runoff will offset any GOPers that stay home rather than voting for Handel.

This is the likely outcome Hammy!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

When did that ever happen?

She was elected as a Fulton County Commissioner in a 2003 special election, and as Georgia's Secretary of State in 2006.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

Handel, probably 56-44.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »

I'm curious about your reasoning here. This presumes that either a number of Ossoff voters drop out between the primary and the runoff, or that Handel consolidates the votes all other Republicans got *and* brings in new voters, or both.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »

I wonder what would happen if the Republicans aired a dog-whistle campaign ad in which they hinted that Jon Ossoff is Jewish without actually saying it.

I'm curious about your reasoning here. This presumes that either a number of Ossoff voters drop out between the primary and the runoff, or that Handel consolidates the votes all other Republicans got *and* brings in new voters, or both.

A portion of the Democrats that voted in the primary might not even show up and Karen Handel consolidates the Republican share of the vote.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »

I wonder what would happen if the Republicans aired a dog-whistle campaign ad in which they hinted that Jon Ossoff is Jewish without actually saying it.

A portion of the Democrats that voted in the primary might not even show up and Karen Handel consolidates the Republican share of the vote.
Where would you ever get this idea?

There is no chance this would happen.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

Where would you ever get this idea?

There is no chance this would happen.

What makes you so sure? This is the Bible Belt after all and I wouldn't put this crap past the Republican Party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies