Dianne Feinstein booed for refusing to support single-payer health care
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:58:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dianne Feinstein booed for refusing to support single-payer health care
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein booed for refusing to support single-payer health care  (Read 2257 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »

A bit of an update: Dianne Feinstein outright said she won't sponsor Bernie Sanders's Medicare-for-All bill at her most recent town hall, saying she doesn't want "a takeover of all medicine in the United States." She got booed again, and some people cried "sellout!".

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/sen-feinstein-holds-heated-town-hall-in-south-la/
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 01:25:06 PM »

I am not a supporter of single payer, but damn is she stupid.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

Could 2018 be the year that were finally rid of DiFi? I hope so.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:36 PM »

Good for her!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 03:55:42 PM »

I am not a supporter of single payer, but damn is she stupid.

My views on both accounts as well.

I don't know what she's doing saying something as absurd as that in California of all places.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »

I support single payer, but I like DiFi, and would enthusiastically support her for re-election. What about the other 99 Senators? Have they been similarly questioned?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 05:59:51 PM »

I support single payer, but I like DiFi, and would enthusiastically support her for re-election. What about the other 99 Senators? Have they been similarly questioned?

Bernie Sanders is obviously a massive opponent of single payer.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »

Because Feinstein is the senior Senator from America's largest state, and one of its most liberal/Democratic. She has been in the Senate for 25 years and in public office for longer than that, and she and her husband are incredibly wealthy and well-connected in California politics (obviously; how else could she have been in office for this long?). Consequently, she could be a powerful and influential advocate for proposals like single-payer if she wanted that. But obviously proposals like that repel her, which I suppose is the norm for people of her wealth and power.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »

A bit of an update: Dianne Feinstein outright said she won't sponsor Bernie Sanders's Medicare-for-All bill at her most recent town hall, saying she doesn't want "a takeover of all medicine in the United States." She got booed again, and some people cried "sellout!".

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/sen-feinstein-holds-heated-town-hall-in-south-la/

Sellout?  Did she used to support it?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »

Sellout?  Did she used to support it?

Naw, she's always been terrible. She became mayor because her political allies on the board of supervisors walked right by her and shot dead 2 of her political opponents:  the mayor and another member of the board of supervisors (who happened to be one of the first open gay politicians).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

Because Feinstein is the senior Senator from America's largest state, and one of its most liberal/Democratic. She has been in the Senate for 25 years and in public office for longer than that, and she and her husband are incredibly wealthy and well-connected in California politics (obviously; how else could she have been in office for this long?). Consequently, she could be a powerful and influential advocate for proposals like single-payer if she wanted that. But obviously proposals like that repel her, which I suppose is the norm for people of her wealth and power.

LOL at the idea that she is legislatively powerful. She championed the AWB for years. What is the status of that?

Besides, Schumer is more powerful than her as he is Minority Leader, and so is Durbin, and they are both from large liberal/Democratic states. What are their positions?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 12:59:08 AM »

Not sure about all of them, though as noted in that recent piece on Gillibrand in NY Mag, she's supported single payer for a while now:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261333.msg5595860#msg5595860
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 02:34:08 AM »

Pity not enough people voted her into Sacramento in 1990, the inevitable result of '94 would've been a delightful end to her career so much earlier.

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 02:41:36 AM »

The applause after the call for Single-payer was unreal. How ironic is that an aged man likely of medicare was asking for a medicare for all & a young/middle aged women further did a follow-up?

If anything they should look at the euphoric reaction of the base (many of whom were moderate people asking a dozen Russia this, that & election was stolen question)!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies