2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread  (Read 232179 times)
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: March 15, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »

I'm going to try to amuse you all.

I believe the wall is even further back than PA18 might suggest.

I believe, wholeheartedly, that KY05 could be won, and with less than a million dollars.

The district is actually majority democrat, Hal Rogers power in congress is waning, and they're waiting to put forward his replacement when the presidential cycle comes around next year. There's an opening for this district, CPVI of R32, to flip.

R+32? No way. Not unless Hogers is the next Bob Ney. Ojeda's going to have his work cut out for him running in WV-03 and it's "only" R+23.

I can guarantee you that the several recent winning statewide Democrats in WV have won WV-03. Nick Rahall was still hanging in there several years ago, and it took a long series of events for the GOP to dislodge him. Ojeda has a very good chance to retake the district.

KY-05, meanwhile, has some of the most GOP areas in the entire country- not only has ancestrally Democratic eastern Kentucky shifted far to the right, but KY-05 also contains huge tracts of land that have been GOP since the Civil War. It would be incredibly difficult to see a Democrat win the current configuration of the district, if not impossible. I am certain many of those registered Democrats are literal DINOs by now.

Even with an appeal to the idea of "retire Hal Rogers", I don't think a winning campaign can be made. Not with the Democratic Party of today, nor with the massive GOP advantages in this district.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1851 on: March 15, 2018, 06:43:37 PM »

Katherine Allen is running again in Utah 3rd.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1852 on: March 15, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »

huh... a lot of special candidates are running.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1853 on: March 15, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »

No, stop no. I would rather dump money on TX 13 than KY 5 lol.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1854 on: March 16, 2018, 02:24:48 AM »

huh... a lot of special candidates are running.

She had just announced it when I posted that here.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1855 on: March 16, 2018, 06:29:25 AM »

I believe, wholeheartedly, that KY05 could be won, and with less than a million dollars.

The district is actually majority democrat, Hal Rogers power in congress is waning, and they're waiting to put forward his replacement when the presidential cycle comes around next year. There's an opening for this district, CPVI of R32, to flip.

R+32? No way. Not unless Hogers is the next Bob Ney. Ojeda's going to have his work cut out for him running in WV-03 and it's "only" R+23.

I can guarantee you that the several recent winning statewide Democrats in WV have won WV-03. Nick Rahall was still hanging in there several years ago, and it took a long series of events for the GOP to dislodge him. Ojeda has a very good chance to retake the district.

KY-05, meanwhile, has some of the most GOP areas in the entire country- not only has ancestrally Democratic eastern Kentucky shifted far to the right, but KY-05 also contains huge tracts of land that have been GOP since the Civil War. It would be incredibly difficult to see a Democrat win the current configuration of the district, if not impossible. I am certain many of those registered Democrats are literal DINOs by now.

Even with an appeal to the idea of "retire Hal Rogers", I don't think a winning campaign can be made. Not with the Democratic Party of today, nor with the massive GOP advantages in this district.

You misunderstand me. I’m saying WV-03 is a heavy but doable lift — I am well aware Perdue won it in ‘16 and that Manchin won it in ‘12 — and that KY-05 is not comparable. I agree with you.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1856 on: March 16, 2018, 07:53:01 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1857 on: March 16, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »

Yeah, that one seems like a missed opportunity
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1858 on: March 16, 2018, 08:39:12 AM »

Xochitl Torres Small has endorsements from the New Mexico Democratic Party, DCCC, and Emily’s List and she’s the frontrunner. However, Madeline Hildebrandt is still in the running too.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1859 on: March 16, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »

Why would they use the old PA map?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1860 on: March 16, 2018, 08:45:16 AM »

Is there anything particularly notable about her aside from the fact she's married to a state legislator and is currently in law school?

She’s not in law school anymore, she’s a practicing attorney at a law firm.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1861 on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:41 AM »

They might be waiting until its 100% offical.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1862 on: March 16, 2018, 09:11:28 AM »

Nah, its just a effort for Cook to change their maps after they have put them into effect. Last cycle, they used the old Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia maps all the way through November.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1863 on: March 16, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »

Nah, its just a effort for Cook to change their maps after they have put them into effect. Last cycle, they used the old Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia maps all the way through November.

Ugh, that's annoying.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1864 on: March 16, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »

You misunderstand me. I’m saying WV-03 is a heavy but doable lift — I am well aware Perdue won it in ‘16 and that Manchin won it in ‘12 — and that KY-05 is not comparable. I agree with you.

Whoops, I misread that. I take it "Ojeda's going to have his work cut out for him" refers to these wins.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1865 on: March 16, 2018, 06:48:55 PM »

Is there anything particularly notable about her aside from the fact she's married to a state legislator and is currently in law school?

She’s not in law school anymore, she’s a practicing attorney at a law firm.

Sad When is she going to stop practicing and become a real attorney?  Cheesy  (OK, that was stupid, sorry, but, then, then the English Language is frequently stupid.)

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1866 on: March 16, 2018, 06:57:26 PM »

On a serious note, and in response to the TJ Cox situation and his qualities as a candidate, I mention this because I don't think the retired Canadian political broadcaster receives any where near enough credit for his, in my opinion, frequently very astute observations.

Sadly he seems to be best known for his beginning his television show with the phrase (which he pronounced as) "Welcome to the broaaadcast."

He said that he frequently noticed that when political circumstances changed that candidates (and politicians) who had previously been dismissed by the public, that the public suddenly 'notices' in those candidates positives qualities that they had not previously noticed, and suddenly 'realizes' that the reasons they had previously dismissed the candidate weren't actually that big a deal.

So, given this political environment it's possible that the people of the 21st District of California might say to themselves "When Donald Trump ran for President and it came out that he had been sued hundreds of times, it was explained 'business people get sued all the time.' Yet,  T.J Cox has only been sued once due to his business operations, he must be a wonderful person then.'
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1867 on: March 19, 2018, 12:55:42 PM »

DCCC announces record fundraising for February.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1868 on: March 19, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »

What is the RCC fundraising tho
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1869 on: March 19, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »

The NRCC has not announced their haul yet.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1870 on: March 19, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »

I see. I feel like they have probably outraised the DCCC this month, but we'll see.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1871 on: March 20, 2018, 11:03:56 AM »

Of
TBF what she’s saying isn’t wrong on its face, in that she substantially outran the top of the ticket.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #1872 on: March 20, 2018, 12:17:53 PM »

Of
TBF what she’s saying isn’t wrong on its face, in that she substantially outran the top of the ticket.
As someone who lives in Mimi Walters district, my gut tells me she’s narrowly favored to win reelection right now. However, if Democrats are winning the House, then Mimi Walters will definitely be losing reelection, theirs even a Chance her district will be the one that flips the House ie. “the tipping-point district”.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies