If the Democrats win the special congressional elections in Georgia and Montana
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:58:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If the Democrats win the special congressional elections in Georgia and Montana
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the Democrats win the special congressional elections in Georgia and Montana  (Read 1556 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »

If Rob Quist and Jon Ossoff win in Montana and Georgia respectively, how do the Republicans react and how does Donald Trump respond on Twitter?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »

muh fraud
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

Republican congressmen and Senators may be less willing to go in line with the Trump agenda if they see the special elections as a sign of Trump being unpopular and potential doom in the 2018 midterms.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:47:46 PM »

Hell probably blame the loss on "Yuge" amount of illegals voting for Dems or something ridiculous.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »

Quist and Ossof would most likely be detained by some Minute Men-esque paramilitary organization for allegations of their use of voter fraud to steal their respective elections.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »

The Dems won most of the special elections during Obama's first 2 years, but got crushed in 2010.  It's nothing they'll panic about.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »

Wishful dreaming. We can probably take Montana, but we are screwed in Georgia 6th.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

Wishful dreaming. We can probably take Montana, but we are screwed in Georgia 6th.

Seems to be the other way around these days sadly.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »

I think Montana is pretty much gone for the Democrats.  I would bet on GA-06 flipping but am not entirely sold on that myself.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »

If one thinks that we can take Georgia 6th, they must be high. Granted, if I am wrong, feel free to make fun of me, because I will be too busy celebrating.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 08:03:09 PM »

Logic tells me that montana will flip. Ignore the stupid polls that showed Trump would lose. Banjo strummin blue dog blue collar lifelong Montana born and raised populist democrat for public land vs rich dude from outside montana who sues people who trespass on property hates public land and lost a statewide election just a few months ago, granted it was to Bullock, but I think Quist could become the next Bullock or Tester or Schweitzer, he has all the tools in the toolbox for it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »

If one thinks that we can take Georgia 6th, they must be high. Granted, if I am wrong, feel free to make fun of me, because I will be too busy celebrating.

Considering that Ossoff way over performed in polls and Handel is a crappy candidate, the odds of winning that seats are fairly good.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »

Logic tells me that montana will flip. Ignore the stupid polls that showed Trump would lose. Banjo strummin blue dog blue collar lifelong Montana born and raised populist democrat for public land vs rich dude from outside montana who sues people who trespass on property hates public land and lost a statewide election just a few months ago, granted it was to Bullock, but I think Quist could become the next Bullock or Tester or Schweitzer, he has all the tools in the toolbox for it.

lol, 2/10.

Anyway, Montana is certainly not "gone" for Democrats yet, but the race is trending in Gianforte's favor. Quist has run a very mediocre campaign so far and is trying to please everyone at the same time. IMO Gianforte is way more authentic and has been a solid disciplined candidate so far (yes, his gubernatorial campaign was far from perfect, but he's not a joke candidate and has learned from his mistakes). 

Quist has a high floor, though. I'd be surprised if he got less than 45% of the vote. Right now I am predicting something like 51-46-3 in favor of Pianoforte.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »

lol, 2/10.

Anyway, Montana is certainly not "gone" for Democrats yet, but the race is trending in Gianforte's favor. Quist has run a very mediocre campaign so far and is trying to please everyone at the same time. IMO Gianforte is way more authentic and has been a solid disciplined candidate so far (yes, his gubernatorial campaign was far from perfect, but he's not a joke candidate and has learned from his mistakes). 

Quist has a high floor, though. I'd be surprised if he got less than 45% of the vote. Right now I am predicting something like 51-46-3 in favor of Pianoforte.

1/10 for clumsily butchering Greg's last name, whether it was on purpose  or not.
UncleSam

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »

I think you may be projecting your own voting preferences into both GA-6 and MT-AL here Bagel.

GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »

lol, 2/10.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »

^I know, but I saw this comment and found it extremely funny for some reason, especially since Quist is a musician:

MT Treasurer (or anyone else from Montana for that matter), sorry if you answered or commented on this recently, but how well do you think Pianoforte and Quist have been running their campaigns?  Any big mistakes or good choices either of them are making?

"Pianoforte and Quist" sounds like a band name or the name of a TV series.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 06:51:18 PM »

I think you may be projecting your own voting preferences into both GA-6 and MT-AL here Bagel.

Yeah, if I could vote in both districts, I definitely would support Ossoff and Quist.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies