Domestic terrorist group "By Any Means Necessary" (BAMN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:39:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Domestic terrorist group "By Any Means Necessary" (BAMN)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should the group By Any Means Necessary (BAMN) be officially declared a Domestic Terrorist organisation?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Domestic terrorist group "By Any Means Necessary" (BAMN)  (Read 6103 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2017, 07:17:56 PM by EnglishPete »

As is shown in this report the extreme left antifa group By Any Means Necessary (BAMN) played a key role in organising the rioting and violence at the most recent Berkeley riot on Saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKRDLKAKUZc

This group has also openly boasted of being involved in the violence that shut down the Milo Yiannopolous planned Berkeley speech in January and were also involved in the violence at the Berkeley Trump rally last month.

Now given that the Patriot Act's definition of "Domestic Terrorism" is as follows

SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

(5)  the  term  ‘domestic  terrorism’  means  activities  that—

‘‘(A)  involve  acts  dangerous  to  human  life  that  are a  violation  of  the  criminal  laws  of  the  United  States  or of any State;‘‘

(B) appear to be intended—

‘‘(i)  to  intimidate  or  coerce  a  civilian  population;
‘‘(ii)  to  influence  the  policy  of  a  government  by intimidation or coercion; or
‘‘(iii)  to  affect  the  conduct  of  a  government  by mass  destruction,  assassination,  or  kidnapping;  

and‘

(C)  occur  primarily  within  the  territorial  jurisdiction of the United States.’’.

and given that BAMN, by their very own admission and boasting fall under (A), (B) and (C) then isn't it about time that the Administration formally declared this group a Domestic Terrorist organisation?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »

Not unless the alt right is likewise designated.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »

The alt-right isn't a group, it's an ideology.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:56:14 PM »

It's not even an ideology, it's a label for a broad classification of viewpoints centered primarily around the word cuck and editing airhorns into "fail" videos.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »

The Patriot Act isn't a legitimate piece of legislation.
EnglishPete

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »

The 'alt right' isn't an organisation anymore than "the radical left" is an organisation. Perhaps you might want to name a specific alt right organisation about whom you can give evidence that they fall under the category of 'Domestic Terrorism'?

(Note: Before anyone rushes back with the answer of "the KKK" I would point out that the KKK was wound up several decades ago and that the various tiny LARPing groups now calling themselves KKK are no more a single organisation than the various groups calling themselves 'antifa' are.)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:04 PM »

Interestingly, the Mayor of Berkeley is FB friends with Yvette Felarca, a BAMN organizer who was caught on camera assaulting a man in Sacramento when there was a kerfuffle up there. I have also heard tell that he follows BAMN on Facebook, but I could not confirm that. This is not proof of anything by itself (just as Obama being friends with a former Weatherman was not proof of anything), but it should be noted if a Mayor has potential ties to an extremist organization.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2017, 06:39:05 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/far-right-white-supremacists-berkeley-protests-antifa-trump
EnglishPete

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »

Interestingly, the Mayor of Berkeley is FB friends with Yvette Felarca, a BAMN organizer who was caught on camera assaulting a man in Sacramento when there was a kerfuffle up there. I have also heard tell that he follows BAMN on Facebook, but I could not confirm that. This is not proof of anything by itself (just as Obama being friends with a former Weatherman was not proof of anything), but it should be noted if a Mayor has potential ties to an extremist organization.
Yvette Felarca was also the one boasting all over the media about shutting down the Yiannopolous speech in January and she was also took part in last Saturday's riot, as documented in the video linked to in the first post.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »

By the same definition of terrorism, Trump's threats relating to his healthcare plan are also terrorism.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »

And I was hoping for an Antifa alarm clock.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_0NoRHOEM
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:45 PM »

The Patriot Act isn't a legitimate piece of legislation.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »

I don't know if I would go that far.
EnglishPete

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 07:03:45 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 07:08:41 AM by EnglishPete »

This is the archive of his Facebook groups (presumably no longer public)

https://archive.fo/dWKfR

The URL of the archive is his legit Facebook URL.

Just to put the cherry on top he has a cat named 'Che'. Presumably named after the famous Argentinian Marxist terrorist who use that nickname.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 07:12:48 AM »

if that definition were at all consistently enforced, there'd be thousands upon thousands of police officers rotting in jail, so, well…
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »

and

if that definition were at all consistently enforced, there'd be thousands upon thousands of police officers rotting in jail, so, well…
EnglishPete

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 12:55:48 PM by EnglishPete »

Found this very interesting far left website "Secret Survivors of BAMN" which is a blog/Facebook page written by former members of this BAMN which they describe as a cult.

https://secretsurvivorsofbamn.wordpress.com
https://archive.fo/M0ctp

https://www.facebook.com/BAMNSuvivors/
https://archive.fo/pLiT6

Its clear from these websites the kind of people attracted to the group

Quote  "Secret Survivors of BAMN
15 February ·
I want to address to our followers on this page that Secret Survivors of BAMN is not a Far-Right wing page! If you are a Trump, Theresa May/Jeremy Corbyn, Marine Le Pen support. Leave and unlike us immediately! We don't need sacks of sh**t liking our page.

Secret Survivors of BAMN
12 March ·
Once again, this page and the sites associated with Secret Survivors of BAMN orientates itself with the left! We don't want any right-wing piece of sh**ts on here liking and sharing our posts! If you are a Trump/ Theresa May supporter, this isn't a page for you, now get the  out of here." End Quote

Charming. However even for these grumpy leftists BAMN was just too much

"

Most people who have had contacts with BAMN organizers eventually see the National Chair and Spokesperson of BAMN, Shanta Driver. She may seem polite and friendly at first, but you will soon see her true motives through her loyal comrades who are abusive and have nasty attitudes.

Shanta Driver, a deranged leading attorney assumes the role of the dictator of both BAMN and the obscure Revolutionary Workers League (US) who is also led by the deranged and mentally ill Leland Sanderson.

Shanta Driver has had a history of controversy often giving a long and meaningless speech with the usual banter about “Building the New Civil Rights Movement” and “taking a victory for the movement”. It is safe to say that the most loyal members of BAMN have developed a cult of personality around the leadership of BAMN/RWL. In their eyes, Shanta is the infallible prophetess who will save the world from oppression. In reality, Shanta feels that she is so intelligent and has the right to command people around. Her position in the leadership in BAMN is unquestionable, she is never held accountable despite her previous abuses. It is safe to say that Shanta enjoys the cult of personality phenomena and intends to be that way for a long time, other people in BAMN that enjoy this status is Jose Alvarenga, Yvette Felarca, and Hoku Jeffrey. Even the three “leaders” mention still worship Shanta and are loyal to the core despite her major flaws. To them, Shanta is their goddess, the infallible deity that dictates their placement and role in this flawed organization." End Quote

https://archive.fo/D2EhS
https://secretsurvivorsofbamn.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/who-is-shanta-driver/

EnglishPete

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 01:43:45 PM by EnglishPete »

Here's another article from the above mentioned blog

"The following statement is true based on the life and experiences of a former Detroit BAMN organizer. This statement corroborates with other statements and was recently found on the Facebook page UC Berkeley Confessions.

Letter from UCB alumn Jevon

I am running with Students for a Democratic University (SDU) as Student Advocate and I am an ex-member of BAMN. I think I can give a little bit of an insider’s perspective as to why it is not a good idea to have dealings with that organization. The dislike that most people in the activist community on campus have of BAMN stems from the fact that they are very sectarian, undemocratic, and obnoxious. If the problems with BAMN stopped there, I would be for working with them. However, internally, that organization is a lot more corrupt than people realize.

The organization is tightly controlled by two members, the President, Shanta , and another founding member named Leland. There is no democracy in the organization. Members are encouraged to follow whatever perspective and course of action that Shanta and Leland put forward. When disagreements arise between base members of the group and the leadership (i.e. Shanta and Leland), that is when things get scary. In order to coerce people into doing what they want them to do, at the leadership’s command, this organization engages in a whole host of disgusting behavior like physically dragging people to meetings and political events, denouncing members who disagree as crazy/suicidal and encouraging them to take unprescribed medication, stealing money and i.d. cards to restrict the movement of dissident members, spreading lies about such members to turn others against them, etc. The list goes on and on. The way the organization makes this possible is often by convincing members to abandon their lives and come live in BAMN households. There, such members often become financially dependent on BAMN and many times, have no choice but to comply with orders so that they can eat and not end up homeless. Furthermore, many of theBAMN members are teenagers so this fact makes it even more possible for BAMN to prey on people that become financially dependent on them.

This issue has been coming up a lot lately so I am going to write a much more coherent statement on it documenting my horrible experience with this organization but I will start to talk about that here. I was one of those teenagers. I joined BAMN when I was 14 and remained in the organized until I was nearly 18. When I was sixteen, BAMN convinced me that my family was abusive and crazy and that it was better that I move in with BAMN members. I did so against my family’s will. When my family started to look for me, BAMN advised me that it was best that I move from my hometown (Detroit, MI) to live with BAMN members in another part of the country. They told me that I could legally solicit emancipation (without my parent’s consent) upon turning 17 and since my birthday was soon, this meant that I would not be away from Detroit for longer than one month. However, they lied. They took me to Oakland, CA to live with Yvette Felarca and instructed me to change my name to “Chase Stern” and cut off all contact with family and friends and even other BAMN members in Detroit. I complied, thinking that that would only be for a short time.

However, upon turning 17, BAMN’s leadership in Detroit just did not answer my phone calls. When they finally answered, they told me I had to just wait a little longer and each time, I would ask when I got to go home, this is the answer they would give me. I ended up being in Oakland for a year. A few weeks before I turned 18, I decided that I wanted to end the ordeal so I contacted my family and reconciled with them. My mother bought me a plane ticket back to Detroit. When I informed BAMN, they tried to talk me out of leaving, but I was adamant on returning home for at least a little while and having a chance to reestablish relations with my family and friends. When they realized they could not talk me out of leaving, they got physical. Yvette Felarca came into my room one night and instructed me to read out loud a statement that Shanta Driver had written and convinced me to sign about how my family was abusive. Tired of debating my decision with them, I refused. That night, Yvette and other BAMN members took turns sleeping by my bed to “make sure he doesn’t go anywhere.” They confiscated my house keys to restrict my movement." End Quote

Full article can be found here : https://archive.fo/TOF4U

I hope that the 'Survivors of BAMN" don't mind too much that a "Piece of sh**t" right winger like me is sharing quotes from their blog but I think this is important to show what kind of people are behind this violence.

Have a read through this post and the previous one above and consider the fact, Felarca and BAMN are the kind of people the Mayor of Berkeley is friends with and doesn't mind showing he's friends with on his public Facebook page. If anyone's wondering why there have been three major political riots in his town in the months since he became mayor and each time the police were ordered to stand down I think the above gives a clear answer. A fish rots from the head down.
EnglishPete

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:42 PM »

Milo Yiannopoulos planning a return to Berkeley

Quote "21/4/2017
press@yiannopoulos.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

In light of recent controversies, I am planning a huge multi-day event called MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK in Berkeley later this year. We will hold talks and rallies and throw massive parties, all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment. All will be welcome, regardless of political affiliation.

Free speech has never been more under threat in America -- especially at the supposed home of the free speech movement. I will bring activists, writers, artists, politicians, YouTubers, veterans and drag queens from across the ideological spectrum to lecture, march, and party.

MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK will include events on the UC Berkeley campus. We will stand united against the "progressive" Left. We will loudly reject the venomous hectoring and moral hypocrisy of social justice warriors. Free speech belongs to everyone -- not just the spoilt brats of the academy.
During MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize -- the Mario Savio Award -- to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.

If UC Berkeley does not actively assist us in the planning and execution of this event, we will extend festivities to an entire month. We will establish a tent city on Sproul Plaza protesting the university's total dereliction of its duty and encourage students at other universities to follow suit.

I intend to return Berkeley to its rightful place as the home of free speech -- whether university administrators and violent far-left antifa thugs like it or not.

- MILO

P.S., I will be releasing further details of my grand comeback tour in the coming few weeks, including information about a special CINCO DE MILO event on 5/5." End Quote
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »

Found this very interesting far left website "Secret Survivors of BAMN" which is a blog/Facebook page written by former members of this BAMN which they describe as a cult.

https://secretsurvivorsofbamn.wordpress.com
https://archive.fo/M0ctp

https://www.facebook.com/BAMNSuvivors/
https://archive.fo/pLiT6

Its clear from these websites the kind of people attracted to the group

Quote  "Secret Survivors of BAMN
15 February ·
I want to address to our followers on this page that Secret Survivors of BAMN is not a Far-Right wing page! If you are a Trump, Theresa May/Jeremy Corbyn, Marine Le Pen support. Leave and unlike us immediately! We don't need sacks of sh**t liking our page.

Secret Survivors of BAMN
12 March ·
Once again, this page and the sites associated with Secret Survivors of BAMN orientates itself with the left! We don't want any right-wing piece of sh**ts on here liking and sharing our posts! If you are a Trump/ Theresa May supporter, this isn't a page for you, now get the  out of here." End Quote

Charming. However even for these grumpy leftists BAMN was just too much

"

Most people who have had contacts with BAMN organizers eventually see the National Chair and Spokesperson of BAMN, Shanta Driver. She may seem polite and friendly at first, but you will soon see her true motives through her loyal comrades who are abusive and have nasty attitudes.

Shanta Driver, a deranged leading attorney assumes the role of the dictator of both BAMN and the obscure Revolutionary Workers League (US) who is also led by the deranged and mentally ill Leland Sanderson.

Shanta Driver has had a history of controversy often giving a long and meaningless speech with the usual banter about “Building the New Civil Rights Movement” and “taking a victory for the movement”. It is safe to say that the most loyal members of BAMN have developed a cult of personality around the leadership of BAMN/RWL. In their eyes, Shanta is the infallible prophetess who will save the world from oppression. In reality, Shanta feels that she is so intelligent and has the right to command people around. Her position in the leadership in BAMN is unquestionable, she is never held accountable despite her previous abuses. It is safe to say that Shanta enjoys the cult of personality phenomena and intends to be that way for a long time, other people in BAMN that enjoy this status is Jose Alvarenga, Yvette Felarca, and Hoku Jeffrey. Even the three “leaders” mention still worship Shanta and are loyal to the core despite her major flaws. To them, Shanta is their goddess, the infallible deity that dictates their placement and role in this flawed organization." End Quote

https://archive.fo/D2EhS
https://secretsurvivorsofbamn.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/who-is-shanta-driver/

Jeremy Corbyn is now far right? LOL.
EnglishPete

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2017, 08:52:04 PM by EnglishPete »

LOL indeed. I'm guessing that the authors got Jeremy Corbyn mixed up with Nigel Farage. Not a mistake many would make on this side of the pond, but then over on your side I guess they have little reason to pay much attention to UK politics.

You get the point they're making. BAMN is a dangerous and abusive cult. This claim is very plausible given the kind of public behaviour we've seen for Yvette Felarca and other BAMN members. The extensive testimony on the "Secret Survivors of BAMN" documenting this is also very compelling. Reading this I'm more convinced than ever that BAMN is extremely dangerous. I can easily imagine people like Shanta Driver and Yvette Felarca getting some of their brainwashed followers to crank up the violence even more.

For the Mayor of Berkeley to be supporting these disgusting people is a disgrace.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »

English Pete has officially been triggered, folks! He'll be strapping the red laces into his Doc Martins forthwith!!
EnglishPete

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 08:16:23 PM »

English Pete has officially been triggered, folks! He'll be strapping the red laces into his Doc Martins forthwith!!
You're completely cool with the mayor of Berkeley actively supporting a Trotskyist terrorist cult and getting the local police to stand down when they carry out planned violence? That doesn't bother you at all?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »

A group of 14 year-olds on /pol/ making Hitler memes isn't an ideology.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »

A group of 14 year-olds on /pol/ making Hitler memes isn't an ideology.

Yeah, LARPing as a Nazi does not make one a Nazi.  Nothing the alt-right says is original and anyone who thinks otherwise should pick up a history book.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies