Federalist Party vs. Atlas Conservative Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:54:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party vs. Atlas Conservative Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party vs. Atlas Conservative Party  (Read 768 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »

I registered a few weeks ago with the Federalist Party, but I'm wondering if the Atlas Conservative Party is a better ideological fit for me and what I would lose by being in a minor party.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

idk, it's true the federalist party is much more moderate but I guess it just depends on the situation
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »

From what I've gathered as an outsider looking in, the ACP is an alliance of social conservatives generally to the right of the Federalist Party. Since it's a relatively small party, there's not much of an organized program as far as I can tell, but the party's leader (Ben Kenobi) is widely regarded as occupying the right flank on the political spectrum. Unless you're planning on running for office, I don't think it really matters how you're registered, and even then it depends on the election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2017, 05:03:24 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

I registered a few weeks ago with the Federalist Party, but I'm wondering if the Atlas Conservative Party is a better ideological fit for me and what I would lose by being in a minor party.

The Federalist Party has a lot to offer. There has been a long history of pro-life advocacy within the party. One of the component parties that merged to form the Federalists, The Whigs was largely derived from the "Right to Life Caucus" that existed in the old RPP.

Membership in the Federalist Party also makes you eligible to join the Coolidge Society, founded by JCL to advance conservative and pro-life causes. Once all the caucuses are up and running, the elected leader of each will serve on the platform committee.

The main difference is that the Federalist Party is larger so it also has a libertarian and a moderate faction. But there are several well regarded conservatives in our ranks, such as former Senators JCL, DC al Fine, and Pingvin, Justice TJ and many others.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »

Judging by your PM score, I think that the ACP might be a closer fit to your views - particularly on social issues. The main problem that you may face is that if you run for office, it may be like running as an independent, as you wouldn't have the Federalists machine behind you and you wouldn't automatically win the support of Federalist members. That being said, the ACP may grow into the third party in Atlasia - so joining now may allow you to have a say on their policies before they become concrete in many areas.
diptheriadan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 05:09:06 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2017, 08:08:59 AM by Dip The Riadan »

It kinda depends on what you prioritize. The Federalists are the general "Center-Right" Party, but it does have a heavy Libertarian bent. That's mostly out of the sheer force of Libertarians within the Party rather than a deliberate effort to belittle the ideologies that make up our Republican Party. The ACP is basically Ben's personal party. It advocates things he favors. It doesn't really make inroads with moderates. The influx of new members into the party has mostly to do with DFW's pursing of more moderate policies. Once he leaves office (likely later in the year, he's going to win a second term), they will likely come back.
Overall though, it doesn't really matter. In the Federalists, you have to deal with being in the minority, but the Fed's size makes up for it. You'd be in the majority in the ACP, but because it's a minor party, your influence suffers.

EDIT: After looking it over it appears that there isn't a huge Libertarian bloc within the Federalist Party. I do maintain that the party has a Libertarian bent to it, though. I think this can be primarily contributed to the fact that this is the internet. Every ideology on here is more Libertarian than it's real world counterpart. Also, it could be argued that Conservatism just naturally has that bend to it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:27:26 PM »

It kinda depends on what you prioritize. The Federalists are the general "Center-Right" Party, but it does have a heavy Libertarian bent. That's mostly out of the sheer force of Libertarians within the Party rather than a deliberate effort to belittle the ideologies that make up our Republican Party. The ACP is basically Ben's personal party. It advocates things he favors. It doesn't really make inroads with moderates. The influx of new members into the party has mostly to do with DFW's pursing of more moderate policies. Once he leaves office (likely later in the year, he's going to win a second term), they will likely come back.
Overall though, it doesn't really matter. In the Federalists, you have to deal with being in the minority, but the Fed's size makes up for it. You'd be in the majority in the ACP, but because it's a minor party, your influence suffers.

Can you point me to this massive cadre of Libertarians, because Leinad sure could use their votes, right now? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »

That being said, the ACP may grow into the third party in Atlasia - so joining now may allow you to have a say on their policies before they become concrete in many areas.

That advise sounds so 2015. Like when the Feds "died" and had "zero" office holders.

How did that turn out? Tongue

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 10:18:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We'd be glad to have you. Currently the party has two official platform planks, one referring to our explicit prolife policies, and the other regarding our support for the traditional families of Atlasia.

We are also considering another plank. We are officially working on being Atlasia's full-on socon party, something that none of the other parties provide.

If you have any further questions, please contact me via PM. Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While I started the party it's not my personal party anymore so than the other members. Smiley I started because I thought atlasia would benefit from having a socon party.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »

If you only care about ideological principles, ACP.

If you only care about winning, Federalist.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies