France 2017: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:00:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2017: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2017: Results Thread  (Read 143006 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: April 23, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »

At least he passed the five percent threshold so PS won't go bankrupt.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »

I wonder if MLP and allies will be ousted as leader after this election, especially if she underperforms in the second round and legislature? She didn't really boost the 2012 vote despite favourable conditions and seemed to run a fairly anaemic campaign compared to some other similar candidates.

I also wonder whether NDA can use this good score to grab a good result in the legislature.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »

Yes, seeing as my mind was swirling with dystopian scenarios of Le Pen at over a quarter of the vote and Fillon entering the run-off, this isn't as bad as it may have been.

I really wish Montebourg would have won the primary so he could have got this crappy result. (God knows what would have happened if valls had won)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »

Question: what percentage of PS MP's had the balls to support their own candidate?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

The only conservative thing about these "conservatives" in Europe is going to church on Christmas. LMAO, what a bunch of traitors but so many honest righ-wing people are falling for it...

Whatever, not bad for LePen to have the whole Establishment against her. Makes it easier to get the 40% I rate as a success.

The only honest rightism supports the freedom of trade and movement. Protectionism and restrictions are characteristics of far-leftist regimes.

The only consistent feature of rightist throughout history is nationalism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »

The only conservative thing about these "conservatives" in Europe is going to church on Christmas. LMAO, what a bunch of traitors but so many honest righ-wing people are falling for it...

Whatever, not bad for LePen to have the whole Establishment against her. Makes it easier to get the 40% I rate as a success.

The only honest rightism supports the freedom of trade and movement. Protectionism and restrictions are characteristics of far-leftist regimes.

The only consistent feature of rightist throughout history is nationalism.

Bullsh*t. The only consistent feature of rightists throughout history is supporting the rich and powerful.

That too.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »

Nicholas Dupont-Aignan endorses...no one.
Will wait till his party gets together to tell them.

I thought his party was a personality cult? Am i wrong in assuming that?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »

With 10 of 107 departements counted | At 21:50 CEST
Le Pen 21.3%
Macron 21.13%
Mélenchon 20.73%
Fillon 20.58%

Lol this is my every candidate within two points of each other prediction.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »

I had seen an interesting theory on the other election thread:

This election could create a sort-of three-party system in France where the National Front leads the right, En Marche! leads the center, and Mélenchon's coalition leads the left.

Except for the National Front, this seems pretty likely to me.

Trouble is FN is screwed over by the electoral system (see: the last regional elections) which means their vote is never really reflected in parliament.

I think En Marche will be a revival of the old UDF tbh, which was  subsumed by Chirac's rightists. So tbh it's almost back to the past with a divided left (PS being just as humiliated as the SFIO) and centre President reliant on a coalition with the centre-right.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »

So what's the West Virginia/Alabama of France?

What a weird question, since West Virginia and Alabama have very different political histories.

Alabama is one of kind I doubt any place in France would reach that level of racial polarization. Still I don't know much about France but i'm pretty sure their is no department in France that would allow a political party too parade themselves like the Alabama GOP without retribution.

I was going to guess New Caledonia lol.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 06:43:24 AM »

Macron Seen Having Poor Start to 2nd-Round Campaign: Harris Poll

(Bloomberg) -- French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron failed to successfully start his campaign for the second round of elections, according to a majority of French voters surveyed in a poll by Harris Interactive.
52% of those polled considered that Macron failed in the start of his campaign
61% considered that National Front candidate Marine Le Pen had a successful start to her second-round campaign
Of those polled, 43% consider that Macron was wrong to celebrate his 1st-round victory at Paris restaurant La Rotonde, 35% have no opinion, 22% consider he was right to celebrate.
Doesn't matter, his floor is similar to Ma Ying-jeou's performance in 2008 (58.45).

Yeah, Le Pen can only get to 45% with extremely low turnout and/or an increased amount of Fillon/Melenchon/Dupont voters backing her somehow.

Or, if the recent controversial Van der Bellen comments make it into the FN headquarters in the next days ...

if a minor gaffe by the President of Austria causes a swing in this election, I will literally tattoo a map of Austria on my bum.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2017, 07:34:49 AM by Çråbçæk »

The sides will be the traditional Catholic wing led by Panzerbabby and the MLP/Philpot's wing of leftish rhetoric, no? (I won't use the word Strasserite, that would probably be trolling). I don't think it would rip the party up though as bad as what the PS will go through in the next few years, more like the weird turmoil between Fillon and Cope in the first year or so of the Hollande Presidency.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

I find the OMG Russia narrative annoying, but clandestine interference is obviously much worse than what Obama did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies