WaPo/ABC Poll: Most voters blame Trump/Republicans for first 100 days failures
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:59:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WaPo/ABC Poll: Most voters blame Trump/Republicans for first 100 days failures
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo/ABC Poll: Most voters blame Trump/Republicans for first 100 days failures  (Read 1121 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »

Why Trump should think twice before blaming someone else for his meh 100 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/23/why-trump-should-think-twice-before-blaming-someone-else-for-his-meh-100-days/?utm_term=.4ae683e1a6a9

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Compared to Obama and Clinton:

Finally:

As expected, at least so far Trump is unable to pass the buck, and with these numbers, seems even less able to than past presidents.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

Who else would their be to blame?

He was and is completely unprepared for a job he probably never really wanted.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 02:05:33 PM »

I'll give Trump this: he is not a politician. He came into the office, green.

And so to expect him to accomplish much within 100 days or even 1,000 days is a stretch. He needs time to learn the ropes.

He also needs time to come back down to earth from all the impossible promises he made during his con-job campaign to learn the reality of the job of President.

It's so wrong for people to think that running a country is the same as running a business, which Trump is trying to do. How's that working out for you Mr. President?

I don't think Trump should be compared to any other President we've had because he is unlike any other President we've had. He's in a class of his own (making.) Trump defies all common sense and logic.

I'm waiting to see what he does accomplish while he's in office. And what's really amusing is how much he put down Obama for golfing, stating that Trump would spend his time working for the people and not golfing. But who has been out there every weekend since he was inaugurated? At the tax-payer's expense?

Why, Trump...the King of Cons!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:21 PM »

An in typical Fox fashion they only covered this poll when talking about 96% of Trump voters don't regret their vote part
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

An in typical Fox fashion they only covered this poll when talking about 96% of Trump voters don't regret their vote part

Of course they did. Roll Eyes

What I wanted to know was how many respondents actually admitted to voting for him. It is a well documented phenomenon that many poll respondents deny or "forget" voting for an unpopular president when asked.

Still from my VERY rough back of the envelope math, based on the 46-43 election result if it occurred today, factoring the 4% declared Trump defectors vs. the tiny sliver of Clinton defectors (my mother in law is one, interestingly enough), I calculate that about 88% of Trump supporters still don't regret their vote. Meaning only about 1 in 12 do regret it.

Anyone getting different numbers? Please feel free to double check. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »

306-232... assuming no wayward electoral votes and a uniform swing:

1% (0.5% both ways) ... Clinton wins Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania,  and Clinton wins the presidential election  278-260.

1.2% (0.6% both ways) ... Clinton also wins Florida, and wins the Electoral College 305-231.

3.7% (1.85% both ways)... Clinton also wins Arizona and New Mexico and wins you-know-what 332-204.

Instead we have a government nearly as immoral as the Confederacy.  We might as well replace the 50 stars with the Flag of the Defense of Slavery for the next four years.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »

So 56% think that Trump hasn't accomplished much in his first 100 days (36% for Obama and 63% for Clinton).

Among
Republicans   18%
Independents 56%
Democrats     83%

Trump is though is a much more polarized candidate. I think that among those who didn't vote for him a much larger share choose a "negative" answer no matter what compared to other presidents (even compared to Obama).

So while these results are pretty bad, I wouldn't say they are significantly worse than for other presidents.

And his base is OK with him (he would even probably win popular vote among voters 2015 according to this poll) so he surely may (and certainly will) keep blaming Democrats Tongue
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2017, 06:20:14 PM by Meclazine »

Yup,

It's a fashion statement to hate him, so these numbers mean very little.

If he knocks Kim Jong Un off, I will be impressed, and safe from thermonuclear armageddon.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »

Instead we have a government nearly as immoral as the Confederacy.  We might as well replace the 50 stars with the Flag of the Defense of Slavery for the next four years.
I must object. The Confederacy was not about the Defense of Slavery but the Promotion of Slavery into new lands that had not known it (Kansas) or had abolished it (Central America and Mexico). So please, cease your baseless propaganda on behalf of the Slavocracy. It may be milder than what it's apologists more commonly attempt, but it's still offensive. Doubly so because it sounds so reasonable compared to what is often put forth that it might ensnare otherwise thoughtful individuals into agreeing with it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 12:52:03 AM »

Same Poll gives the Democrats a worse rating than the GOP & Trump. Can't you post that? People look at the Democratic party as worse than Trump & GOP - All while Bernie continues to be the most popular politician today !

Not looking as good for the Democrats as it should be !
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2017, 01:47:03 AM by Virginia »

Same Poll gives the Democrats a worse rating than the GOP & Trump. Can't you post that? People look at the Democratic party as worse than Trump & GOP - All while Bernie continues to be the most popular politician today !

It actually never crossed my mind, and I don't even recall reading those figures.

Either way, Shadows, I'm not CNN. I'm not hear to give equal "coverage" to both sides in all my posts. I was focusing on Trump's numbers (re: thread title). If people want to read about the rest, they can do so.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 01:48:46 AM »

Because that's normal? The party faithful hates their own party when they are not in power, because obviously, it didn't win. Look at Republicans in 2009 and 2013 who hated their party. Democrats in 2005. It goes back. This is nothing new. In fact, I'd be surprised if Democrats were somehow more popular than Trump at 100 days, considering the internal divisions of the Democratic Party are much stronger than the GOP's at the moment. I think Trump's unpopularity is much more telling of a barometer for Democrats' potential 2018 fortunes than their own party's favorables. There are plenty of Democrats who hate their own party but would never vote for a Republican. Conversely, Trump is at an unbigly 42%, and that's WITH almost all his voters with him. It's the 55%+ not with him and who are persuadable that matter. The best Dems can hope for in regards to Trump voters is that they become so disheartened (or die off) that they don't vote in 2018 or 2020, because they will be hard pressed to vote for a Democrat no matter what.

It is normal.

In May of 2013, 70% thought the GOP was out of touch and look what happened the following year. It is a very poor question to ask voters and it tells you nothing. It is similar to putting up generic candidates against incumbent politicians.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 01:53:48 AM »

You could blame Paul Ryan for the failure of AHCA.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:39 AM »

Democrats think that the Democratic leadership is out of touch because they're not sacrificing their first borns to stop the Trump administration and Republicans think they're out of touch because they feel like Democrats should just keel over and let Trump do whatever he wants.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 02:01:09 AM »

You could blame Paul Ryan for the failure of AHCA.

It is both their faults.

Ryan crafted a sh**t bill, but the WH being ignorant about policy allowed for the opening. If Trump knew a damn thing about policy, he would have never gone along with Ryan. Even Mitt was smart enough to hide Ryan's budget plan during the 2012 election because it was grossly unpopular.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 02:38:35 AM »

Surprise surprise!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 07:37:29 AM »

3.7% (1.85% both ways)... Clinton also wins Arizona and New Mexico and wins you-know-what 332-204.

She won New Mexico though? I can't find what you're referring to.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »

Because that's normal? The party faithful hates their own party when they are not in power, because obviously, it didn't win.
No?

Democrats were more popular during GWB's years than Obama's.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »

It actually never crossed my mind, and I don't even recall reading those figures.

Either way, Shadows, I'm not CNN. I'm not hear to give equal "coverage" to both sides in all my posts. I was focusing on Trump's numbers (re: thread title). If people want to read about the rest, they can do so.

Dear Virginia,

Trump's Approval -
Approve - 40
Don't approve - 53

GOP -
Out of touch with people - 58%

Democrats -
Out of touch with people - 62%

62% feel Dems are out of touch. Butal number!
"Out of Touch"

Not only that Trump beats Clinton 43 to 40 in this poll when Clinton won the popular vote by 2%. This despite Trump's terrible job !

I think most sensible agrees that Trump has done a bad job but there are serious concerns when Democrats have an approval worse than Trump & the GOP !
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »

Dear Virginia,

Trump's Approval -
Approve - 40
Don't approve - 53

GOP -
Out of touch with people - 58%

Democrats -
Out of touch with people - 62%

62% feel Dems are out of touch. Butal number!
"Out of Touch"

Not only that Trump beats Clinton 43 to 40 in this poll when Clinton won the popular vote by 2%. This despite Trump's terrible job !

I think most sensible agrees that Trump has done a bad job but there are serious concerns when Democrats have an approval worse than Trump & the GOP !
Again that's normal for the party that just lost
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

Because Republicans had MASSIVE approval ratings in 2010/2014.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »

Yup,

It's a fashion statement to hate him, so these numbers mean very little.

If he knocks Kim Jong Un off, I will be impressed, and safe from thermonuclear armageddon.

LOL it's not just a fashion statement. There is a unified opposition against him and that will make it very hard for him to pass much of anything.

You don't grasp American politics. The approval ratings is why he's not getting anything passed in Congress and why he's a likely one term President. These numbers mean plenty in that there's a unified opposition that has the support of over 50% of the population.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies