Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:13:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 123254 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: August 19, 2017, 10:31:30 PM »
« edited: July 31, 2018, 10:46:43 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Elizabeth Warren

Everything you've heard Senator Warren's recent T.V. attack ad against me is not true. It is absolutely wrong.

First of all my card was a charge card, not a credit card at all. It was an American Express charge card secured under my personal credit in conjunction with the party. The primary difference between a charge card and a credit card is that charge cards must be paid off each month, while credit cards allow a balance to be rolled over.

I only have one debt in the world, which is my mortgage on the home that me and my family live in in Miami. I was not raised in a wealthy family. If there was a personal expense, I paid it. If it was a party expense, the party paid it. I would do it different to avoid all this confusion. But the Republican Party never paid a single expense of mine, personal expense

Every expense on that card is detailed in the Republican Party accounts that they file every month. So this is a charge card, not a credit card.

And yet Senator Warren is talking to me about living paycheck to paycheck while I was raised paycheck to paycheck. Unlike you, my plan will cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle class and poor people, which will reinforce their purchasing power, their ability to find a good paying job and their chance of living the American Dream.

And Senator Warren, when it comes to corruption, I think you should be more careful before using that term since you have yourself promoted corruption by defending Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server when she was Secretary of State, while this illegal move by Hillary Clinton is allowing America's foes to hijack her emails and to put lives in danger. In addition, Senator Warren called the investigation about the terrorist attack on Benghazi a waste of time. And you contacted the DNC to derail Bernie Sanders' campaign.

We need a President who will fight to restore integrity and dignity in the White House and who will be honest and transparent. Unlike Senator Warren, I'm running to be that kind of President. I have an ethical obligation to the American people and I'm ready to fulfill it.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1051 on: August 19, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 12:41:59 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Ron Paul in Detroit, Michigan

Well, Congressman Paul, yes there I go because we need to tell things like they are, because the American people has the right to know who has the best judgement to lead this country and who will be president for all Americans.

During your 1996 Congressional campaign, you did not deny writing the newsletters and defended their content, including offending statements. Now you said that you did not wrote them. I suppose you only deny it because you're now running for the highest office. That is pure political calculation showing your absence of credibility. No wonder that he earned almost a million dollars a year from the racist, conspiracy theorist newsletters like Willis Carto. Is that the judgement the American people wants in a President? I don't think so.

[Crowd applauds]

Whether he wrote these newsletters or not, a problem remains : like he said, he let these newsletters pass and by letting them pass, he offended communities like African Americans and Jews. Congressman, when you were asked to pass these newsletters, your answer should have been « no ». But you have demonstrated your lack of judgement by letting them pass.

We need a President who has the judgement to lead this country will be President for all Americans of all origins and all beliefs.

The bottom line is, my statements about Congressman Paul's newsletters are based on facts, not creations. He is actually the one who is trying to distort the truth. So do not question my credibility, Congressman. Do not try to hide yourself behind false excuses for writting and letting pass newsletters including racist statements. That's about as low a blow as you can give in a presidential campaign.

[Loud and long applause from the crowd]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: August 20, 2017, 12:01:00 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 01:20:34 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Ron Paul in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

If Congressman Paul is attacking me on being supported by billionaires and business people, I think he is contradicting himself since he opposed the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform law.

I'm astonished that Congressman Paul is using the liberal weapons of the left and starts using them to attack me on being endorsed by business people like Norman Braman and Paul Singer because the reason why they are endorsing me is because I am a champion of free enterprise and free market. I will not apologize for this status because free enterprise is one of the things that we have to reinvigorate in this country if we want to get people working again, being successful and living the American Dream thanks to their hard working. These people are endorsing me because they know, just like all of us, that businesses create jobs for the people, not the government. They are endorsing me because I know that America's prosperity requires making the government smaller, reducing taxes, getting our country to energy independence and making America the best place in the world to do business. And that's exactly my agenda. I will cut taxes and regulations for all Americans, reduce government spending, promote oil drilling and energy production, balance our budget, reform our education system through school choice, bring our manufacturing jobs back through tax cuts on our manufacturing industry and make America the best business-friendly environment in the world by reducing the cost of doing business in America, lowering our corporate tax rate to 20 % and tax cuts and regulation cuts on businesses.

And I've got Congressman Paul lecturing me on being a champion of free enterprise while he has opposed the Energy Omnibus bill that allowed oil drilling in ANWR to expand domestic energy sources, that allowed tax breaks for energy production and conservation and that encouraged and allowed for research and exploration of new energy and heating sources.

So folks, if you want a real champion of free enterprise who will make America the best place in the world to do business, who will make America's economic prosperity through free market solutions his priority, then I am your man.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1053 on: August 20, 2017, 01:12:42 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 01:19:45 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Hillary Clinton in Alexandria, Virginia

Just like Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton doesn't know what it takes to keep America safe. She failed over and over again in her duty to keep us safe as Secretary of State. It's interesting that she advocates getting our troops out of Iraq while she voted in favor of the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Our early withdrawal from Iraq is exactly what gave us ISIS and stronger global terrorist threat. That's why we have to finish the job to defeat radical Islamic terrorists in the Middle East. Secretary Clinton let 4 U.S. ambassadors die in Benghazi and she lied about why they were killed. And she even responded to Congress « What difference at this point does it make? » And she used a private email server when she was Secretary of State, thus putting lives in danger by allowing America's enemies to hijack her emails. And closing Guantanamo will diminish our national security because Guantanamo terrorists will seize any opportunity to escape, to be on the run once again and to commit terrorist attacks against the United States or their allies. We saw it with Said Ali al-Shiri, an Al-Qaeda jihadist who, after being released from Guantanamo, returned to terrorism, co-founded the radical Islamic terrorist organization called Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in addition of calling upon Somali pirates to increase their attacks on western shipping and leading the Al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen, killing thousands of people before being killed by a U.S. drone.

The right answer to deter terrorism is to increase the FBI's counter-terrorism budget, make our military stronger, reinforce and expand our alliances, promote stronger American leadership, strike terrorists on their territory, arm the Kurds and put in place background checks on Syrian rebel groups before arming them in order to avoid arming terrorists. I that's what it takes to keep America safe and that's why these are all elements of my foreign policy agenda.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1054 on: August 20, 2017, 02:14:06 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 07:30:28 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad
In an effort to attract among voters tired of corruption, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Elizabeth Warren for defending Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server and for orchestrating an undemocratic effort by contacting the DNC to derail Bernie Sanders.

The ad titled « Heavy Bagage » airs in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, New York, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, the Washington state, California, Nebraska, Montana, Alaska, Hawaii and Texas

« Heavy Bagage » advertisement narration :

Narrator : Elizabeth Warren is one of the politicians with the most baggage and the biggest record of corruption.

She refused to denounce Hillary Clinton and defended her use of a private email server as Secretary of State while this is an illegal act that compromised our national security as well as counter-terrorism operations and while Clinton deleted over 30 000 emails in order to make sure that the truth can never be found out, thus allowing America's foes to hijack her emails and to put lives in danger.

Senator Warren has called the investigation on the terrorist attack in Benghazi a waste of time while Secretary Clinton lied about the reason why 4 U.S. ambassadors were killed there.

Hillary Clinton : What difference at this point does it make?

Narrator : And in an undemocratic effort to get her party's nomination, Elizabeth Warren contacted the Democratic National Committee to derail Bernie Sanders' campaign. Could she have won by herself? Probably not. Time after time, she has proven to be unable to admit she was wrong and always tries to find someone else to blame.

Elizabeth Warren is unworthy of any transparency, honesty and judgement. We can't afford four more years of corruption. America deserves better.

Marco Rubio is a man of integrity. He has an ethical obligation to the American people and he will fulfill it by restoring integrity and dignity in the White House. He will be honest with the American people and tell you the truth in all circumstances. He and all the members of his administration will use an official State Department email account. He will defeat terrorism by modernizing our military and reinforcing our alliances. He will increase funding to embassy surveillance in order to prevent further Benghazi-like terrorist attacks and he will fight to restore the American people's trust in their government by preserving the integrity of America's democracy.

America has two paths and has to chose one of these : Elizabeth Warren, her history of corruption and refusal to assume her responsibilities for her actions or Marco Rubio and his leadership and fight for integrity and America's freedom and national security.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1055 on: August 20, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »

Sanders continued his campaign in earnest, campaigning in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois extensively. Notably, he visited several impoverished neighborhoods and even what might be termed as "ghetto" suburbs, where few candidates dare to go. Sanders also toured several abandoned factories in Detroit, where he promised to restore and protect American manufacturing.

Gabbard meanwhile, continued to campaign in her native Hawaii, meeting voters on all the islands. She was to campaign in California, but her National Guard unit, the 29th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, was called up for maneuvers , and Gabbard instead decided to report for duty in her capacity as a Major and Military Police Platoon Leader. This earned her praise from the SCLC, MLK III and Rep. Grayson, who referred to Gabbard as putting country over party in a way that was rarely seen these days.

Sanders also released his campaign finance records from the previous month. Sanders, despite running as an independent, broke his own fundraising record, raising  $42 million with an average of $27 a donation. In addition, the unions supporting Sanders flexed their muscles in the industrial states, as their members began to campaign for Sanders in those states, alongside the young activists who form the other part of Sanders' base.
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #1056 on: August 20, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »

Ron Paul's response to Rubio

Marco, I'm a little bit confused right now, first, you attack me claiming that I wrote those articles, but now you basically say that it doesn't really matter and attacks me for letting them pass, something I already acknowlodged that I did, something I already acknowlodged that was a mistake and something I apologized about!

And you attack me saying I'm hiding behind false excuses, but no, I am not, I admitted my mistakes and apologized, something you haven't done about the American Express card, you hidden behind your fake excuses instead of apologizing because of your mistakes!

If I'm going to be elected, I want to be elected while being honest and telling the truth, and that's why I tell the truth about what I did and I admit my mistakes.
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #1057 on: August 20, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »

Ron Paul's response to Marco Rubio

You know why I opposed the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform law? Because I don't think the government should have the power to say who can donate and how many this person can donate, but this doesn't mean I think it is a good thing to see people like Soros or other billionaires simply throwing money in candidates campaigns!

You accused me of "using the liberal weapons of the left" because I attacked you on your endorsements, but you attacked Warren because she was endorsed by Bloomberg! If I am using "the liberal weapons of the left" so are you!

You accuse me of not being a champion of free trade, but you can see all my time in congress that I fought for free trade, I fought for lower taxes, gold standard, ending the federal reserve, withdrawing from the WTO, NAFTA and not signing fake free trade deals, instead I want real free trade deals, that won't be some corporatist deal made to create monopolies with help from the state!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1058 on: August 20, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »

Pearcy on social media

Ron Paul I respect you alot but you are trying to divide this party and this election.

You should drop out and endorse Rubio and I.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1059 on: August 20, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 10:09:26 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Ron Paul

On your newsletters, I did not say it doesn't matter. The question was why did you let them pass.

I told you this once before, Congressman, and I'm sorry I have to tell you again. My card was a charge card, not a credit card. And charge cards must be paid off each month. Every expense on that card is detailed in the Republican Party accounts that they file every month. So I fulfilled my responsibilities. Even the fact checkers confirmed this and corrected your lies. So stop trying to create problems that don't exist. And yes, I did apologize for my mistakes and all this confusion and I already said that I would act differently to avoid all this confusion. I think you were just not listening.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1060 on: August 20, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 12:13:31 PM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule August 6-August 13 2016, Part 3

August 10
-Meet with voters in Brook Park, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Manufacturing policy speech at Cleveland Engine in Brook Park, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Vermilion, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Trade policy speech in Vermilion, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Economic policy speech in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel :

In addition of being noted as our nation's industrial capital, Ohio was ranked in the top 10 states for best business climate by Site Selection magazine, based on a business-activity database, in 2013. It was also among the top 3 states for the 2013 Governor's Cup award from the magazine, based on business growth and economic development. That is mostly due to the fact that the Buckeye State is ranked third among the top 5 states with the lowest tax rate and Ohio's is at 4.4 %. Furthermore, the U.S. News and World Report ranked the Ohio State University of Columbus # 10 for awarding degrees to Fortune 500 CEOs.

So Ohio is a great symbol of America's prosperity coming from free enterprise and free market as well as ingenuity, hard-work and entrepreneurship of the American people. Prosperity does not come from big government policies. But unfortunately, over the last eight years, due to tax increases and regulation increases promoted by Barack Obama and supported by Elizabeth Warren, government has got bigger and bigger and is still getting bigger today, which increased taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which weakened our economy, killed jobs and offshored American businesses overseas. That's why we are living the weakest recovery in our history. We have a 40 % corporate tax rate, which makes the United States the nation with the highest corporate tax rate among developed countries, which makes America a harder place to do business, while Singapore has a 17 % corporate tax rate and South Korea's is at 24 %.

Ohio represents a great example of the importance of making America the best place in the world to do business, which requires fully utilizing our energy resources, bringing our debt under control, repealing and replacing Obamacare, making higher education faster and easier to access, reducing the cost of doing business in America and cutting taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which will bring a stronger purchasing power to our people and increase our businesses' ability to grow, to expand, to produce, to sell, to hire people and to create jobs. And by reducing our corporate tax rate to 20 %, we will make American businesses much more competitive in the world economy, which will ensure job creation here in the United States.

These are all things we will do when I become President of the United States. I have the right experience to boost job creation in America and to lead this country to permanent prosperity due to my membership in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

That is how we will ensure a new American prosperity for the sake of a stronger economy and the restoration of the American Dream.

-Meet with voters in Elyria, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Economic policy speech in Elyria, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in North Ridgeville, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Energy policy speech in North Ridgeville, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Oberlin, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Painesville, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Mentor, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Health care policy speech in Mentor, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Macedonia, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Jackson Township, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Flight to Detroit, Michigan
-Meet with voters in Detroit, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Economic policy speech at the Detroit Economic Club in Detroit, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott :

Detroit is the center of the American automobile industry. The Big Three auto manufacturers, which are General Motors, Ford and Chrysler, represent a great example of this matter of fact. But today, our automobile industry is declining because of the Obama administration's big government policies that increased taxes and regulations on all the American people and on businesses, including our automobile industry, thus killing American jobs and shipping them overseas. Barack Obama's TPP is costing us jobs because we have the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world, which is 40 % while countries like Singapore are beating us in this trade deal because they have the lowest corporate tax rate, which is only 17 %. That partly explains why Detroit's population is also declining.

But my economic plan will make sure that all America, including Detroit, will shine again and that our automobile industry will rise again. Approximately 12 % of our economy is based on manufacturing industry. Under my plan, we're going to make our trade deals fairer and more advantageous for America and American workers by cutting taxes and regulations on all the American people and on businesses across this country, including our manufacturing industry, which will bring American manufacturing jobs back here in this country and help create more jobs in this industry. As President of the United States, I will reduce our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % in order to help our country to reclaim and keep its jobs and to make America the best place in the world to do business. That way, we can keep pursuing our quest to promote free trade and make our country competitive and dominant in the global economy through fairer trade deals.

Relaunching our automobile industry also requires getting America to energy independence. If I'm elected, we will double permits on federal lands, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, the Dakota Access pipeline as well as the the TransAmerica Energy pipeline, promote oil drilling in ANWR, reduce taxes and regulations on our coal industry in order to bring coal mining jobs here in this country and exploit subsea oil and gas resources through underwater tankers in order to avoid an environmental catastrophe, thus helping us creating new jobs while preserving the environment.

This will restore the vitality and dynamism of America's automobile industry, thus helping us to manufacture more cars. Energy independence will make our cars less expensive than Asian cars, which will give us the upper hand if America becomes a member of the Trans-Pacific Partnership because it will give Asian consumers a chance for a stronger purchasing power by giving them the option of buying less expensive American cars. That way, we will prevent another bankruptcy in Detroit, in the Great Lakes and all across America.

So I’m asking for your vote in order to grow our automotive industry, to save Detroit, its neighbors and all America from bankruptcy and depression, to lead us to energy independence and permanent economic prosperity and to accomplish our goal of bringing full employment in this country for the sake of the U.S. economy and the American Dream.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

-Meet with voters in Rochester, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Manufacturing policy speech in Rochester, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Utica, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Sterling Heights, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Economic policy speech at Whirlpool Corporation headquarters in Sterling heights, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in St. Joseph, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Tax policy speech at Whirlpool Corporation in St. Joseph, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Niles, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Benton Harbor, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Midland, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Energy policy speech at Dow Chemical Company headquarters in Midland, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Auburn, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Bay City, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Fundraising event at the Sage Library in Bay City, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Meet with voters in Midland, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
-Economic policy speech at Dow Chemical Company headquarters in Midland, Michigan with Nikki Haley and Dave Trott
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #1061 on: August 20, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »

Paul continues to campaign in states like New Hampshire, Montana, Alaska, Texas and other states he might have a chance of winning. He campaigned about many issues, but the onde he campaigned the most were ending the NSA surveillance, foreign policy, leaving the TPP and less government intervention in the economy.

He campaigned with people like Justin Amash, Rand Paul, Barry Goldwater Jr and other people who endorsed him. Paul defended pardoning people like Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, he sair both major partida don't seek to do this and they also don't seek to end the NSA surveillance.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1062 on: August 20, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »

I may need a 30 minute extension.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1063 on: August 20, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

DKrol (Brown) still hasn't posted yet. I tried sending him a PM, but he hasn't responded. So I need an extension too.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1064 on: August 20, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

DKrol (Brown) still hasn't posted yet. I tried sending him a PM, but he hasn't responded. So I need an extension too.

That's fine. I'll wait until 11pm EST.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1065 on: August 20, 2017, 09:46:49 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2018, 10:49:43 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule August 6-August 13 2016, Part 4

August 11
-Meet with voters in Livonia, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Economic policy speech at the TRW Automotive headquarters in Livonia, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with college voters at Eastern Michigan University in Livonia, Michigan in an effort to attract young voters
-Meet with voters in Redford, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with voters in Warren, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with voters in Port Huron, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Trade policy speech in Port Huron, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Manufacturing policy speech at the United States lightship Huron (LV-103) in Port Huron, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with voters in Alpena, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Tax policy speech in Alpena, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with voters in Rogers City, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Meet with voters in Traverse City, Michigan with Rick Snyder and George H. W. Bush
-Flight to Lynchburg, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Lynchburg, Virginia with James Mattis
-Economic policy speech in Lynchburg, Virginia with James Mattis
-Foreign policy speech in Lynchburg, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with college voters at the Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia with James Mattis in an effort to attract young voters
-Meet with voters in Petersburg, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Chester, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Richmond, Virginia with James Mattis
-Foreign policy speech in Richmond, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Short Pump, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Prince George, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Short Pump, Virginia with James Mattis
-National security policy speech at Fort Lee, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Waverly, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Suffolk, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Chesapeake, Virginia with James Mattis
-Veteran Policy speech in Chesapeake, Virginia with James Mattis
-Meet with voters in Virginia Beach, Virginia with James Mattis
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Virginia Beach, Virginia :

Even though we have never found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, there is one thing that my opponents have always refused to understand : Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a safe haven of terrorism. And yet my opponents kept claiming that there was no terrorist presence in Iraq before 2003. They are wrong. Saddam Hussein gave sancturay to the worst of the worst radical Islamic terrorists. He had given sanctuary to Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas (who was directly responsible for the death of Leon Klinghoffer, an American Jew abroad the Achille Lauro) and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad terrorist who was involved in the millennium plot, a terrorist attempt to commit bombing attacks against tourist sites in Jordan as well as against the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the USS The Sullivans in the context of millennium celebrations. After that, al-Zarqawi trained jihadists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. After our military intervention in Afghanistan, he flew to Iraq and Saddam Hussein gave him sanctuary and even rejected requests from Jordan to hand over al-Zarqawi. By acting like this, Saddam Hussein has proven to be a sponsor of terrorism and made Iraq a safe haven of terrorism. By that time, al-Zarqawi founded Al-Qaeda in Iraq and was responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan. But after we toppled Saddam Hussein, Iraq was no longer a safe haven for terrorism and we finally killed al-Zarqawi in 2006. But now, by withdrawing our troops from Iraq while our job to train Iraqi troops and to defeat terrorism was not yet completed, the Obama administration allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a large territory and to commit terrorist attacks around the world, including in Garland, San Bernardino, Orlando, Paris, Nice and Brussels. If we don't take action, Iraq will become once again a safe haven for terrorism. We can't let that happen. We will prevent it, which requires fighting and defeating ISIS. As President, destroying ISIS will be one of my priorities and we will do it by increasing the FBI's counterterrorism budget, allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of weapons to suspected terrorists, reinforcing our homeland security and our security measures, increasing our defense budget, strengthening and modernizing our military, expanding our partnerships with our allies and working with them, striking ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorist groups on their turfs through military strength and arming the right groups in the Middle East (especially the Kurds) through background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them. That way, we will make sure that there will be no safe haven for terrorists, that we will defeat ISIS and restore peace, freedom, security and stability in the Middle East. That's how we're going to make America safe and free.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1066 on: August 20, 2017, 09:54:53 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2018, 10:50:08 AM by UWS »

Rubio/Pearcy 2016
A New American Century
Schedule August 6-August 13 2016, Part 5

August 12
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Fundraising event at the Fremont Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Speech at the Latin Chamber of Commerce Nevada Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy in an effort to attract undecided Hispanic voters :

Nosotros somos en un momento crítico en el todo el pueblo estadounidense, incluida la comunidad latina, tiene una opción que tomar. Esta elección apunta usted y al futuro de los Estados Unidos. El pueblo estadounidense merece más.

As a son of Cuban immigrants, I understand the struggles of the Hispanic community better than any other of the candidates running in this presidential race. For Americans of Hispanic descent, the main issue is the economy as well as economic empowerment and the possibility to accomplish the American Dream. When I was a young boy, my parents worked every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that that's possible in time and again and that's the American free enterprise system. Meanwhile, the Democrats led by Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown are trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system, the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. Big government policies as well as higher taxes and regulations will not only kill jobs all across the country but also make the American Dream impossible for Hispanics. That dream will be possible for them again if we cut taxes and regulations for all the American people, including the middle class and the Hispanic community, and reduce the size of government, which will reinforce their purchasing power, help them to find a good-paying job and to fulfill all their dreams through their hard work.

Tenemos que dar a los hispanos un justo camino a la ciudadanía mediante reforma migratoria y mayor protección de nuestras fronteras.

As President of the United States, I will promote school choice, which will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allow parents guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce.

Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeñas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en español e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

Barack Obama's foreign policy towards Cuba won't solve anything. That means that tyranny on the land of my ancestors will be permanent. Lifting the embargo like this will allow the Castro regime to earn more capitals that will be used to strengthen its power and to promote communism in Cuba instead of enriching the Cuban people and to give them a chance to find a job, to live free and to accomplish their dreams. More people will be put in jail for speaking their mind and the Castro regime will hand America's foes a big favor and a big advantage.

Here are the conditions of a good deal : Cuba has free elections and freedom of press, stops putting people in jail for speaking out, kicks out the Russians from Lourdes, kicks out the Chinese listening station in Berupal, stops helping North Korea evading U.N sanctions, takes all those refugees of America justice. Then we can have a good relationship with Cuba. That's a good deal.

Nos tiene detras. Nosotros  no os abandonara. Cuando Cuba estara libre nuestras relaciones con Cuba sera mas fuerte y el pueble cubano van a ganar una socieda justa asi como unas oportunidades justas de prospera. Los Estados Unidos y Cuba estas estara  entre los mejores asociados trabajando con toda su energia para combatir la corupcion y delincuencia organizada, consolidar la democracia y libertad y restaurar seguridad y prosperidad en el continente americano.

Venezuela is led by Nicolas Maduro, a dictator who is not only diminishing freedom and democracy and freedom in this country, but is also encouraging corruption in addition of giving a favor to America's enemies, including radical Islamic terrorists. Ramon Rodriguez Chacin asked General Marcos Ferreira to allow militants from Columbia, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda to cross borders into Venezuela and that in a three year timeframe, 2,520 Colombians and 279 "Syrians" became citizens of Venezuela, which is allowing terrorists to be on the run and is putting lives in danger. The Venezuelan government has allegedly had a long-term relationship with Hezbollah. In 2006, following the 2006 Lebanon War, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah thanked Chavez for his support. Chávez also allowed members of Hezbollah to stay in Venezuela and allegedly used Venezuelan embassies in the Middle East to launder money. Nicolas Maduro has continued the relationship with Hezbollah and members of his government provided Financial aid to Hezbollah, which is increasing this terrorist group's ability to commit attacks against us and our allies while the Venezuelan people is struggling economically and socially mostly because of the local economic downturn in which consumer prices rose 800 %, the economy contracted by 18.6 % and access to food has drastically declined. Under my presidential leadership, reinforced sanctions on this corrupt regime will make sure that Venezuela will finally reclaim democracy and have once again trust in its government. Venezuela will never be a safe haven for terrorists. This future democratic government will work hard to put Venezuela back on track, to create jobs for the Venezuelan people and to restore integrity.

Amigos, gracias al libre mercado y a la libertad empresarial, 8 de noviembre 2016 constituirá un nuevo amanecer para todos el pueblo americano, incluso los hispanos. América será el mejor lugar del mundo para abrir un nuevo negocio, para prosperar y para cumplir todo lo que habría sido impossible extranjero. Yo comprende esto como hijo de immigrantes, como hijo de uno barman y una casero. Mis political exterior va a restablecer la seguridad a través de todo el continente americano y asegúrese de que sus colegas hispanos aquí y en el exterior vivirán libres y próspero.

Mis eleccion a la Presidencia de los Estados Unidos de America el 8 de noviembre de 2016 signifique el inicio de un Nuevo Siglo Americano para un futuro más brillante, prosperidad, igual y seguro.

Gracias, amigos. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

-Meet with voters in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Immigration policy speech in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Small government policy speech in Henderson, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Meet with voters in Virginia City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Meet with voters in Carson City, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Meet with voters in Reno, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Economic policy speech in Reno, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy
-Meet with voters in Sparks, Nevada with Brian Sandoval and Stephen Pearcy

August 13
-Flight to Olympia, Washington
-Meet with voters in Olympia, Washington
-Foreign Policy speech in Olympia, Washington
-Meet with voters in Tacoma, Washington
-Trade policy speech in Tacoma, Washington
-Economic policy speech in Tacoma, Washington
-Meet with voters in Port Townsend, Washington
-Meet with voters in Port Angeles, Washington
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1067 on: August 20, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »

I need longer than that... can you put it up tomorrow?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1068 on: August 20, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »

I need longer than that... can you put it up tomorrow?

I can and I will.

Have a good night. See you all tomorrow. I'll post in the evening, say by 6 PM EST
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1069 on: August 20, 2017, 10:16:49 PM »

Schedule for Sherrod Brown (Will be deleted if Dkrol posts something else)

Sherrod Brown toured the states of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nevada, often in the company of Bill Clinton or Senate nominees Russ Feingold Katie McGinty, Ted Strickland and Catharine Cortez Masto. He highlighted the differences between the Rubio ticket and the Warren ticket on Foreign Policy, and like the Rubio campaign, attacked Paul on his newsletters, calling them "disqualifying for a President" at a campaign stop in Milwaukee.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1070 on: August 21, 2017, 06:09:41 PM »

Update?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1071 on: August 21, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »

(Are we gonna do the commander in cheif in forum?)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1072 on: August 21, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »

I think the commander-in-chief forum was on September 7 2016.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1073 on: August 21, 2017, 08:33:00 PM »

I think the commander-in-chief forum was on September 7 2016.

If we're doing it...I'll see what I can do about putting it in Warren's schedule.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1074 on: August 21, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 07:24:48 AM by NHI »

August 14-26, 2016

Olympic Games Begins in Rio

Perot Backs Rubio for President

Ross Perot's endorsement announcement speech : At stake is nothing less than our position in the world, our standard of living at home and our constitutional freedoms.

That is why I am endorsing Marco Rubio in his quest for the presidency of the United States.We can’t afford four more years in which national debt mushrooms out of control, our government grows, and our military is weakened. Marco Rubio has the background, experience, intelligence and integrity to turn things around. He has my absolute support. As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, he knows what it takes to grow this economy and create jobs. He's the only one candidate in this race who has proven to be able to find common grounds on trade. He will make our trade deals fairer by cutting taxes and regulations on our manufacturing industry, which will bring our manufacturing jobs back while allowing us to be competitive in the world economy and to keep our quest for open markets, and by lowering our corporate tax rate to 20 %, which will make America the best business-friendly environment in the world. President Marco Rubio will make the U.S. economy great again.

Pres. Obama Blasts Rubio "He wants to take us backwards"; Calls on Democrats to "Unite!"

Polling:

Alaska:
Rubio: 39%
Warren: 29%
Paul: 14%
Sanders: 10%

California:
Warren: 48%
Rubio: 36%
Sanders: 11%
Paul: 3%

Colorado:
Warren: 40%
Sanders: 9%
Paul: 7%

Iowa:
Rubio: 44%
Warren: 38%
Sanders: 12%

Michigan:
Rubio: 41%
Warren: 36%
Sanders: 13%

Minnesota:
Warren: 37%
Sanders: 14%

Montana:
Rubio: 48%
Warren: 39%
Paul: 7%
Sanders: 3%

New Hampshire:
Rubio: 35%
Warren: 32%
Sanders: 16%
Paul: 13%

New York:
Warren: 45%
Sanders: 12%
Paul: 2%

Ohio:
Warren: 43%
Rubio: 43%
Sanders: 8%

Pennsylvania:
Rubio: 44%
Warren: 38%

Virginia:
Warren: 46%
Rubio: 45%
Sanders: 2%
Paul: 1%

Washington, DC:
Warren: 61%
Sanders: 24%
Rubio: 10%
Paul: 1%

Now with the conventions over, and the Olympics beginning people's focuses are off the 2016 Election, but the candidates continue to hit the ground, stumping for votes across the country. While,
 most Americans have yet to finalize on a choice, given the crowded field, current polling finds Senator Rubio is rebuilding his lead he had prior to the Democratic Convention.

As the independent candidacy of Bernie Sanders weakens Democratic Nominee Senator Elizabeth Warren, Rubio has been the recipient in the polls. Rubio, however continues to go after Warren in hard hitting TV ads, running across the midwest and in the battleground states. Rubio is also shoring up his right flank, as Ron Paul continues to be a factor in some states, including Alaska.

Rubio, is also targeting disaffected Sanders supporters, by highlighting the revelations from the DNC email hack, which showed a concerted effort to undermine and derail the candidacy of Sanders during the Democratic Primary.

Warren, for her part has largely tried to remain above the fray when it comes to Sanders, but many Democrats are worried by avoiding Sanders is only giving him more stature in the election, and given the narrow margins in many critical Democratic states, including New York, many Democrats are calling on Warren to go after Sanders just as hard as Rubio.

Newly Released Poll:

Does the scandal involving Warren's contact with the DNC make you more or less likely to vote for her?

More: 35%
Less Likely: 47%
Unsure: 18%

A newly released poll, conducted by CNN raises the stakes for Elizabeth Warren and the Democrats, as they continue to navigate the fallout from the DNC email leaks. This poll will likely give a big boost to Senator Sanders.

CNN General Election Poll:
Rubio: 43%
Warren: 39%
Paul: 5%

Electoral Map Based on Current Polling:
✓ Rubio: 308
Warren: 227
Sanders: 3

This round will last until next Sunday at 10 PM EST.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies