Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:11:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 124237 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: July 11, 2017, 07:54:26 AM »
« edited: July 11, 2017, 09:24:04 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's interview with Wolf Blitzer

Wolf Blitzer : Senator Rubio, we are at mid-March and you already have 823 delegates. Do you think you have a decent chance of clinching the Republican nomination before the eventual Democratic nominee does the same for his party's nomination?

Marco Rubio : Sure I do. As we all know, the total number of Republican delegates is 2472 so the magic number to clinch the Republican nomination is 1237 delegates because it's 50 % + 1. And I'm likely to win in my home state of Florida, which gets me to 922 delegates. We are doing well in Ohio, where I think voters will focus their choice mostly on who has the best chance to defeat the Democratic nominee since no presidential nominee since 1964 has ever won the White House without winning the Buckeye State. And I'm the only Republican presidential candidate who tops both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren in the polls, so I think it will be one of the factors of our victory in Ohio, thus getting me to 988 delegates. Everything can happen, but if we keep doing the great work from the very beginning of this campaign we will win in Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina and in Northern Mariana Islands, all contests where we're largely leading, which will give us at least 1150 delegates. And then, by next week, Mr. Pearcy may not be so competitive and might have dropped out before the primaries in Arizona and Utah on March 22. So if we win in both of these states as well as in the American Samoa, we will already have 1257 delegates, thus clinching the Republican nomination because it's 20 delegates more than the delegate threshold.

Wolf Blitzer : How do you think it would be an advantage for your campaign and for your party if you clinch the nomination before the Democrats?

Marco Rubio : Well, it means that we will have clinched the nomination two and a half months before one of the 2 Democrats running for office does for his or her party's nomination. So it will unite the Republican Party together while the Democrats are likely to remain divided until at least June since the Democratic primary race between Senator Warren and Senator Sanders is pretty tied. This will give us much more time to unite and grow our party, to attract Independent voters and undecided voters, to put in place our presidential platform, to raise money and to launch attack ads against both Warren and Sanders.

Wolf Blitzer : Which of the two Democratic presidential candidates do you think would be easier to defeat? Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders?

Marco Rubio : That's a good question. I'm not underestimating them but I think we will defeat them without difficulty. They both seek to pursue the same policies of the last eight years that aweaken the economy by diminishing free enterprise and that contributed to ISIS' rise through massive cuts in defense budget and through America's disengagement in the fight against radical Islamic terrorism.

But honestly, I think Senator Warren would be easier to defeat on Election Day. She's increasingly becoming the favorite of the Democratic Party's establishment. And even though she seeks to stand against special interests, she is getting support from special interests since she's endorsed by Warren Buffet and George Soros. And as we saw through her remarks and as we saw in some polls, Democratic primary voters are finding Warren less honest and trustworthy than Sanders. In fact she lied about her origins. She described 50 % of the population as extremists. These claims are very divisive, shameful and absolutely untrue. We are all Americans and we have common values that we must defend as patriots in a democracy like the United States. And by the way, on August 2012, a member of Warren's senatorial campaign slapped a cameraman who was following them and I've never heard Senator Warren condemning it. This is just outrageous and inexcusable.

But on the other hand, Senator Sanders' pro-gun stance could dissatisfy hard core supporters of gun control, thus causing them to either stay home instead of going to the polls on Election Day or vote for a more progressive presidential candidate even if it would not be a very competitive candidate. So I think it would help us to defeat Sanders. And on economic issues, my free trade proposals through tax reform (especially tax cuts for America's manufacturing industry and reduction of our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %) are increasingly and clearly succeeding in attracting people to our campaign, including populist voters and working-class voters, which explains why I won Michigan, an industrial state, by 28 percentage points. And that's also why we're doing so well in the other Russel Belt states like Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, etc. Because free market, free enterprise and tax reform are the right solutions to our economic challenges, not populism.

That's why we will be able to win against both Warren and Sanders.

Wolf Blitzer : Recently, newly elected Prime Minster of Canada Justin Trudeau met President Obama at the White House, where they discussed climate change, Cuba, trade and national security. Should you become President, how would relations between the United States and Trudeau's Canada look like?

Marco Rubio : Well of course, Justin Trudeau and I disagree on a lot of issues such as the role of government, social issues, Cuba and some foreign policy issues, which is normal, but when I'll become President of the United States we will be able to find common grounds.

In fact, Trudeau and I support the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, which will ensure massive job creation and get us to North America's energy independence, thus helping us to have the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies instead of doing it with taxpayers' money. And to boost the number of American jobs created through the construction of Keystone XL, I think we'll both be able to agree to cut a deal with TransCanada to make sure that the pipeline will be built with U.S.-made pipe. The Prime Minster and I are supporters of free trade because we both know that lower tariffs will make our products less expensive in the world, thus making us competitive in the other 95 % of the world's markets while our country represents 5 % of worldwide markets. And like I said, free enterprise, free market and tax reform are the right solutions to make our country competitive in the world economy while bringing American jobs back here in the United States. Justin Trudeau and I are both willing to take action against ISIS by standing with our allies and to provide anti-ISIS forces in weapons and in military training, but we'll have to be careful on which groups to support since some Syrian rebel groups are fighting for ISIS or other terrorist groups. That's why I'm proposing to put in place background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, which will help us to learn more about their past, their connections and their ties, to stop terrorists from getting weapons and to arm the right rebel groups. As long as we don't know who these rebels really are, they will not get weapons.

So the bottom line is, despite our political and ideological differences, Justin Trudeau and I will be terrific partners on the challenges facing the United States and Canada.

Wolf Blitzer : Senator Rubio thank you for joining us and good luck for your campaign.

Marco Rubio : Thank you Wolf, it's a great honor.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #776 on: July 11, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »

Jay Nixon Speech in St. Louis

I don't know what planet Senator Rubio is living on. Elizabeth Warren has not been endorsed by either George Soros or Warren Buffett, nor does she want either endorsement. To suggest otherwise is a blatant lie.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #777 on: July 11, 2017, 08:37:54 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2018, 08:07:47 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule March 9-March 15 2016, Part 2

March 11
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Breakfast with voters at the West Side Market in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Rally with voters at the Fountain of Eternal Life in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Fundraising event at the Cleveland Museum of Art in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Cleveland in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Space policy speech at Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Economic policy speech at Cliffs Natural Resources headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Economic policy speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Marco Rubio barnstorms across the West 25th Street in Cleveland, OH, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Speech at the African American Cultural Garden in Cleveland, Ohio in an effort to woo African-American voters
-Fundraising event at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Energy policy speech at NACCO Industries Inc. headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Rally with voters at FirstEnergy stadium in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with college voters at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio in an effort to attract young voters
-Foreign policy speech at Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Rally with voters at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman :

In exactly four months, we'll be holding the Republican National Convention here at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, to officially nominate our party's nominee for President of the United States. When I'll become the Republican nominee, my message during my acceptance speech here at the Republican National Convention will be a message of real hope, of optimism and opportunity because if I'm the nominee, we will be the party of the future, we will be the party of free enterprise, opportunity, prosperity, inclusiveness, national unity, liberty and security. We will be the party of all the American people.

[Loud applause from the crowd]

-Meet with voters in Lorain, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portma
-Economic policy speech in Lorain, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Speech at Lorain Palace Theatre in Lorain, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Small government policy speech in Lorain, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Parma, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Manufacturing policy speech in Parma, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Akron, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Manufacturing policy speech at Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company headquarters in Akron, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Energy policy speech in Akron, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Jackson Township, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Economic policy speech at the Timken Company headquarters in Jackson Township, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Youngstown, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Tax policy speech in Youngstown, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Canton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Energy policy speech in Canton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Chillicothe, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Marietta, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Columbus, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Urbana, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Hamilton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Lebanon, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Mason, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Batavia, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Hamilton, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Milford, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Meet with voters in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Foreign policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman
-Speech at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman in an effort to win among African-American voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman in an effort to win among young voters
-Freedom of religion speech at the Isaac M. Wise Temple in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman in an effort to woo Jewish voters
-Rally with undecided voters at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio with John Kasich and Rob Portman :

As you know, Ohio has determined the winner of every presidential election since the 1960s. And as we saw, I am the only Republican presidential candidate who can defeat both Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders in November. Throughout my political career, I managed to attract new voters to the Republican Party, thus helping us to grow it by attracting Hispanic voters, African American voters, Independent voters, etc.

I'm the son of Cuban immigrants that came here in America for economic opportunities and that could never come back to Cuba because of Castro's tyranny. Though they struggled to adapt in this new society, they were successful and they made sure that their children's' lives would be more successful than theirs. I understand the concerns of the Hispanic community because I lived the American Dream. We need to reinforce security in our borders and to reform our immigration system in order to keep our country while making it more inclusive and to give immigrants a fair chance to earn American citizenship, to earn higher education if they need it and to prosper by experiencing the American Dream on the land of opportunity. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. That's how I will be able to expand our party's support among Hispanics and young people, both groups that will play an important role in determining the winner of this presidential election in November.

I'm seating in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and on the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. Unlike Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, I know what is required to create jobs and to make America working again. My economic plan will not only boost job creation and bring prosperity back to America through free enterprise, free market tax reform and energy independence but it will also bring all the American people together thanks to bipartisan elements, which will help our party to expand its support among the American people.

Another reason why I'm the only who can defeat the Democratic nominee is because I have more foreign policy experience than both Senator Warren and Senator Sanders who are both seeking to pursue Barack Obama's terrible record that gave us further growing international terrorist threat, that allowed Russia to keep threatening international peace and that got Iran closer from getting nuclear weapons. By promoting peace through strength thanks to an increase of our military presence in strategic areas and to the creation of intergovernmental military alliances, we will deter Iran and North Korea from pursuing the development of their nuclear programs and fight radical Islamic terrorism more effectively. By increasing military spending and sending all the necessary troops and arsenal in the Middle East, America and its allies will be able to defeat terrorism all across this region for the sake of international security, freedom and peace. That's my agenda, because that's the right way to fight terrorism. This is such clear and strong foreign policy judgement that will help me to beat either Warren or Sanders and make America safe.

So, in order to ensure our party's victory in November, I ask for your vote because if I'm the nominee, we will unite and expand our party, we will win here in Ohio and we will defeat whoever the Democrats will nominate and lead America to a New American Century and our children and the next generations will be the most prosperous Americans we've ever seen.

Thank you. God bless all of you. God bless Ohio and God bless the United States of America.

[Applause from the crowd of undecided voters who have now made the choice to vote for Marco Rubio on March 15]

-Rally with voters at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #778 on: July 11, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »

So I have been busy basically this week for here is the summary of what Pearcy did

Pearcy campaigned in Missouri And North Carolina on being a different kind of Republican and in Illinois and Ohio we campaigned on withdrawing from NAFTA and TPP to help bring back American Jobs.

Pearcy campaigned in Florida on legalizing marijuana and Wall Street reform

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #779 on: July 11, 2017, 09:57:38 PM »

Democratic Debate:

Senator Sanders is an ineffective legislator. I on the other hand, was the driving force behind the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and since arriving in the Senate have taken the lead on many financial matters.

I would support a competent nominee who would uphold Roe v. Wade, uphold Oberfegell v. Hodges, allow Freedom of Information requests in FISA courts, and supports the closing of Guantanamo Bay prison.

I would offer conditional amnesty to anyone not convicted of a felony. These conditions would require the payment of a one-time fine, to be set later, not committing a felony or serious misdemeanor, such as Larceny or Simple Assault.

Senator Sanders and I have been dueling for months, and I expect to see that continue. However, I believe, I will win the nomination and the general election ahead.

--

Senator Sanders Same question; what are the fundamental differences between you and Senator Warren?

Take a look at our endorsers. Who have I been endorsed by. Union leaders like Richard Trumka. Civil rights leaders like Benjamin Jealous. Some of Congress's biggest progressives; Tammy Baldwin, Jeff Merkley, John Conyers and Keith Ellison. Who has my colleague been endorsed by? Harry Reid, the man who has led Senate Democrats into a corner. Nancy Pelosi, who sells out to major corporations on the daily because they pay their bribes in campaign contributions. You know they they are actually opposed to universal healthcare? They're convinced the only way to move forward is to defend Obamacare.

But the biggest difference has been this campaign. I have tried to run a clean, civilized campaign while my colleague continues to lower herself to the tactics of Republicans. She's turning this into a popularity contest over a policy one.

Finally, take a look at our history. I was arrested for organising and leading civil rights protests. I marched with Dr Martin Luther King. I supported LGBT rights when most people wouldn't acknowledge that LGBT people existed. I have fought for Glass-Steagall, universal healthcare, cuts to the military and infrastructure building for over 25 years. Where was my colleague? Teaching at Harvard University.

To Senator Sanders:
Our trade deficit with China is projected to be for the year over $300 billion. What are your solutions from bringing down this imbalance?

We need to purse a more protectionist stance, for one thing. We need to ensure that we are making things that other countries want to buy. We need to pursue a protectionist stance to restart our automotive industry, which was one of our biggest draw cards when it came to trade. We need ensure that we can get our industries restarted, then countries will come back to us to purchase things. That is what we need, and that is what we will do.

To Senator Sanders:
You've called for a medicare for all system to replace the current health care plan in the United States. 1.) how much would your plan cost? 2.) How would we pay for it. 3.) How will you get it through Congress?

Believe it or not, my proposed single-payer plan would actually cost less than our current system. Countries like the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia and more have universal healthcare systems that cost less than us. Why? Because they spend less money on red tape than they do on providing quality care for citizens. People die in our waiting rooms because we don't have the same system.

How would we pay for it? We go back to my tax plan. We raise taxes for the wealthiest Americans, while also taxing drug companies much more than we do now. There have been cases of companies jacking up the prices of essential drugs specifically to increase the profits. That needs to stop.

And I won't lie, getting such a plan through Congress would be difficult. Much of the Senate and House is bought by the pharmaceutical industry in this country, including Nancy Pelosi, who routinely raises hundreds of thousands of dollars from them. Republicans would fight a bill like this tooth and nail, and I'm sure many Democrats would too. However, the reason FDR was able to get his New Deal programs through is because he was not afraid to twists arms. I won't be either.

Closing Statements.

I have been running a civilized campaign free of personal attacks on my colleague's character. She evidently does not feel that the policy conversation is a winning point for her, so she has attacked my character. If my colleague wants to get down in the muck, then I'm equipped for that, but I'd like to maintain some level of civility.

The policy battle is one we are winning. When people stand up and fight for Medicare for all, for universal education, for ending our overseas wars, for a better trade policy, for Wall Street reform, we can accomplish some extraordinary things

Who Won the Democratic Debate?

Bernie Sanders: 45%
Elizabeth Warren: 40%
Tie: 14%
Unsure/Neither: 1%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #780 on: July 11, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »

Warren/Sanders Relationship Sours as Primary Drags on
Early on both Senator Bernie Sanders and Senator Elizabeth Warren conceded there was not much difference between the two of them. This was of course when Bernie Sanders was an asterisk in the polls, and Warren was preparing to take on Vice President Joe Biden.

Now with Biden gone, and the primary a two person race, the contest has gotten heated, and at times personal. Senator Sanders supporter Bill Gates blasted Elizabeth Warren for the attacks against Sanders, and pundits have even noted a change in Sanders' demeanor towards Warren, most recently in their latest debate, where Sanders referred to Warren as his colleague, rather than his 'friend' as he has done in previous debates.

The primary is already drawing comparisons to the Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama Battle of 2008 which dragged on until the end in June. Democrats are hoping to unite sooner rather than later, given the increasingly likelihood that Marco Rubio will be the Republican nominee. Current polls show Rubio besting both Warren and Sanders by a range of five to seven points.

Who do you Support for the Democratic Nomination?
Bernie Sanders: 48%
Elizabeth Warren: 48%
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #781 on: July 12, 2017, 07:06:35 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2018, 09:37:25 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule March 9-March 15 2016, Part 3

March 12
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Fundraising event at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Manufacturing policy speech at the Boeing Company headquarters in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Economic policy speech at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Town hall meeting with voters at the National Hellenic Museum in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Economic policy speech at the Chicago Board of Trade Building in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Manufacturing policy speech at Chicago Assembly in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger in an effort to attract manufacturing workers
-Speech at the National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts and Culture in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Energy policy speech at Integrys Energy Group headquarters in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Foreign policy speech at Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois where Senator Rubio criticizes Barack Obama's weak foreign policy and calls for a stronger national security through a stronger U.S. military, stronger diplomacy and stronger alliances to defeat ISIS
-Economic policy speech at Sears headquarters in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with college voters at the University of Illinois at Chicago in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger in an effort to win among young voters
-Rally with voters at United Center in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Dinner with voters at Uno Chicago Grill in Chicago, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Joliet, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Hoffman Estates, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Deerfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Economic policy speech at Caterpillar headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Waukegan, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Watseka, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Momence, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Aurora, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Healthcare policy speech in Aurora, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Aurora, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Fundraising event at Penn National Gaming facility in Aurora, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Elgin, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Naperville, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Energy policy speech at Nicor headquarters in Naperville, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Rockford, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Economic policy speech at Woodward headquarters in Rockford, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Rally with voters at the Coronado Theatre in Rockford, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Belvidere, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Manufacturing policy speech at the Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Small government policy speech in Belvidere, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Durand, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Loves Park, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in South Beloit, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Galena, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Tax reform policy speech in Galena, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger
-Meet with voters in Poplar Grove, Illinois with Bruce Rauner, Mark Kirk and Adam Kinzinger

March 13
-Meet with voters in Rock Island, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Foreign policy speech at Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Fundraising event at Jumer's Casino & Hotel in Rock Island, Illinois
-Agriculture policy speech at the Quad City Botanical Center in Rock Island, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Peoria, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Manufacturing policy speech in Peoria, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with college voters at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk in an effort to win among young voters
-Meet with voters in Moline, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Rally with voters at iWireless Center in Moline, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Economic policy speech at Deere & Company headquarters in Moline, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Rally with voters at Browning Field in Moline, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Patoka, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Energy policy speech in Patoka, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk in favor of the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline since Patoka is one of these pipelines destinations
-Meet with voters in Patoka, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Salem, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Centralia, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Energy policy speech in Centralia, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Springfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with college voters at the University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk in an effort to win among young voters
-Speech at Lincoln's Tomb in Springfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Rally with voters at the Nelson Center in Springfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Economic policy speech in Springfield, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Speech at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Illinois where Senator Rubio praises Abraham Lincoln's accomplishments and legacy and managed to recruit several African American volunteers
-Meet with voters in Champaign, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Rally with voters at State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk :

In some ways, Illinois is the land of the Presidents. In fact, Illinois is the state where Abraham Lincoln was a U.S. representative before becoming President of the United States during a time of deep national division due to slavery and the Civil War. But Lincoln managed to abolish slavery, to free African Americans, to end the Civil War and to bring the American people together. Even though he was actor in Hollywood and was Governor of California before becoming President, Illinois is the state where Ronald Reagan was born. But we are also in the home state of Barack Obama, who was Senator of Illinois before being President.

After eight years of Barack Obama, we saw all the mess in which America is today due to big government policies that increased taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, diminished our healthcare system through Obamacare, thus costing our fellow Americans their health coverage, made us dependent on foreign oil. Even under Barack Obama, our country is still deeply divided because of racial tensions. And this administration's foreign policy has increasingly disengaged America from the fight against terrorism, drastically cut in defense budget, which allowed ISIS' rise, allowed Putin's Russia to invade Eastern Europe and to keep threatening international peace, got Iran closer to a nuclear weapon and got us closer to a nuclear war against North Korea.

But on January 20th 2017, when I'll become the 45th President of the United States, all of this will change. We're going to reduce the size of government, we will repeal and replace this unconstitutional policy called Obamacare, we will cut government spending as well as taxes and regulations on our people and businesses, abolish the IRS and replace with a 15 % flat tax, make America competitive in the world economy, get America to energy independence by encouraging oil drilling and getting the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies, promote school choice, balance the budget and make America the best place in the world to do business. Under my watch as President of the United States, American leadership will be restored, defense budget will be increased, our military will be reinforced and modernized, our alliances will be strengthened and expanded, our troops and our allies' troops will defeat ISIS on their turf, the Iran nuclear deal will be repealed in order to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and using them to trigger a nuclear war, and thanks to a stronger vigilance in the Pacific, we will stop North Korea's nuclear threat through stronger alliances, stronger sanctions and an anti-missile defense system.

That is the right path to peace, freedom and prosperity. Thank you God bless you and God bless America.

[Crowd applauds]

-Manufacturing policy speech at Hobbico headquarters in Champaign, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Rally with voters at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Carthage, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Hamilton, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Edwardsville, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
-Meet with voters in Granite City, Illinois with Bruce Rauner and Mark Kirk
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #782 on: July 12, 2017, 07:26:37 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:43:24 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among fiscal conservatives and among voters who selected the economy as the most important issue of this election, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a TV ad titled narrating about Marco Rubio's plan to relaunch the United States' automobile industry.

The ad titled « Keep America rolling » airs in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, Arizona, Utah, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania

« Keep America Rolling » advertisement narration :

Due to Barack Obama’s big government policies such as high taxes and regulations on businesses and on energy industry, America’s automobile industry is declining. Detroit represents a great example of this matter of fact. In the last eight years, Detroit is in downturn due to the struggles that our automobile industry is facing. And in 2013, Detroit declared bankrupt, which killed tens of thousands of jobs. It risks of causing a domino effect : since automotive manufacturing is one of Chicago’s main economic activities, Detroit’s bankruptcy risks of putting Chicago into bankruptcy as well, which will hurt the U.S. economy.

If we don’t take action, this domino effect will hit Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Cleveland, etc. Barack Obama failed economic policies caused the offshoring of many of our companies, which cost much more American jobs.

But I have a plan to relaunch America’s automotive industry : by cutting taxes and abolishing regulations on businesses of all sizes (small, medium and big), including automotive industry companies, we will increase our companies’ capacity of open, to grow, to expand, to produce, to innovate and to create jobs. If I’m President, I will reduce the cost of doing business in America, which will convince our future business owners that America is the best place in the world to open a new business, which will help them to lead successful business careers and to create jobs. We also need to embrace energy independence, which requires using all of our sources of energies and increasing oil drilling and production. As President of the United States, I will double permits on federal lands, approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline as well as oil drilling in ANWR.

Under my administration, we will build the TransAmerica Energy pipeline that I’m proposing and that will from situated between Pennsylvania to California. We will also drill oil resources on the Arctic by increasing the number of oil platforms and by encouraging the manufacturing of underwater tankers that will be able to exploit underwater oil and gas resources. That way, we will be able to encourage oil exploitation, drilling and production without hurting the environment. That way, we will not only bring massive job creation in America but also get all the necessary revenues for the development of renewable energies such as wind, solar, hydroelectric, nuclear energies, which will bring, as a result, the development of an automotive industry manufacturing cars that will function through renewable energies, thus making America the world energy superpower and helping us creating jobs for the American people, for all Americans from all social classes. My plan to get us energy independence will also relaunch and grow our automotive industry because it will encourage automotive manufacturing in America. It will also reduce the cost of buying American cars, which will, thanks to a stronger purchasing power, encourage our consumers to buy more American cars rather than Asian cars that will be more expansive. So it will encourage the opening of new automotive companies all across America, including here in Detroit. That’s also an advantage of integrating the TPP because, combined with tariff reduction, the path that I’m proposing to clinch energy independence will make sure that we will be competitive in the Asia-Pacific since American cars will be less expensive than Asian cars. It will encourage more international consumers, including in the Asia-Pacific to buy American cars, which will be beneficial for our automotive industry and for our economy. So I’m asking for your vote to grow our automotive industry, to save Detroit, its neighbors and all America from bankruptcy and depression, to lead us to energy independence and permanent economic prosperity and to accomplish our goal of bringing full employment in this country for the sake of the U.S. economy and the American Dream.

I’m Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #783 on: July 12, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2018, 09:37:45 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's schedule March 9-March 15 2016, Part 4

March 14
-Meet with voters in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with college voters at the Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract young voters
-Rally with voters at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech at Griot Museum of Black History in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract African-American voters
-Health care policy speech at Bames-Jewish Hospital in St Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Fundraising at the St. Louis Art Museum in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Economic policy speech in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Berkeley, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Foreign policy speech at Boeing Defense, Space & Security headquarters in Berkeley, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Woodsen Terrace, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Anti-abortion policy speech in Woodsen Terrace, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract pro-lifers and social conservatives
-Meet with voters in Ferguson, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech in front of a crowd of undecided African American voters in Ferguson, Missouri in an effort to win among African American voters :

Over the last decade, African Americans' living conditions got worse, even under Barack Obama. Some of them were unfairly killed, especially here in Ferguson and in Charleston, whether it's by police officers or by extremist supremacist terrorists. I am proud to be in the party of Lincoln, the man who freed African Americans from slavery 150 years ago. I am proud to have supported Nikki Haley's efforts to remove the Confederate flag from South Carolina's Capitol Hill after a supremacist killed 9 African Americans in Charleston, South Carolina. As President, I will cut taxes for all the American people, including African-Americans, in order to give them a stronger purchasing power and to help them to prosper. I will reform criminal code, which criminal regulations and laws are easier to understand. We're going to reform civil forfeiture by which people suspected of crimes will be deprived of private property. We're going to promote school choice, which will cost families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. That's how the African-American community will prosper and that's how we will bring this country together through racial relations' improvement. That's why I'm asking for your vote.

[Crowd applauds as these undecided African American voters decided to vote for Marco Rubio on March 15]

-Meet with voters in St.Charles, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in St. Peters, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in O'Fallon, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Energy policy speech in O'Fallon, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Hillsboro, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Arnold, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Fulton, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Gun rights policy speech in Fulton, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with college voters at Williams Woods University in Fulton, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to win among young voters
-Meet with voters in Columbia, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Tax policy speech in Columbia, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Jefferson City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with college voters at Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract African-American voters
-Economic policy speech at Capital Mall in Jefferson City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Jefferson City, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract social conservatives, evangelicals, pro-lifers and constitutional conservatives
-Meet with voters in Marionville, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Small government policy speech in Marionville, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Springfield, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Health care policy in Springfield, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Manufacturing policy at O'Reilly Auto Parts headquarters in Springfield, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Rally with voters at Hammons Field in Springfield, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with college voters at Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to attract among young voters
-Meet with voters in Battlefield, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Mount Vernon, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Monett, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Claycomo, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Lee's Summit, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Independence, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Agriculture policy speech in Independence, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Manufacturing policy speech at Cable Dahmer Automotive facility in Independence, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Foreign policy speech in front of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Rally with voters at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Meet with voters in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Rally with voters at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to win among Hispanic voters
-Economic policy speech at Smith Electric Vehicles headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Veteran policy speech at the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, Inc. headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Supper with voters at Los Tules Mexican Restaurant in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Fundraising event at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Rally with voters at Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
-Speech before African American History and Culture House in Kansas City, MO, in an effort to woo African-American voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Missouri-Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt in an effort to appeal among young voters
-Economic policy speech at Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Missouri with Roy Blunt
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #784 on: July 12, 2017, 11:39:27 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2018, 09:37:56 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among fiscal conservatives and voters who selected the economy as the most important issue, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad explaining why Rubio has the best experience and knowledge to grow the economy, to create jobs and to restore America's economic prosperity.

The ad titled « Leadership and Prosperity » airs nationwide (in all the 50 states)

« Leadership and Prosperity » advertisement narration :

Among all the candidates in this presidential race, Republican or Democrat, I am the candidate who has the best experience and knowledge to manage the economy. As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, I know what it takes to get this economy back on track and to boost job creation. That's why I'm endorsed by Americans for Tax Reform, by the Economist and by Freedomworks.

In the Senate, I cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. Three years ago, I introduced the co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses, thus avoiding devastating regulations that would have meant a disaster for our economy through free enterprise's decline and job losses. As we are seeing all across this country, including here in Michigan, the center of the U.S. automobile industry, we are living the weakest economic growth in America's history. This is due to Barack Obama's big government policies, to our dependency on foreign oil and to a larger deficit that is about to hit 20 trillion dollars. Time for action is now. Under my presidency, we will reduce government spending and cut taxes and regulations for all Americans in order to reinforce their purchasing power as well as consumption because consumption is one of the important strengths of our economy. The IRS will be abolished and replaced by a 15 % flat tax. We will repeal Dodd Frank to help small business growing again. We will obtain energy independence by taking advantage of our oil, gas, coal, nuclear, solar, wind, hydroelectricity. We're going to pursue our quest for open markets around the world in order to make America competitive in the world economy through lower tariffs, tax cuts and regulation cuts for our manufacturing businesses and corporate tax reduction for America from 40 % to 20 %. By promoting school choice, we will make sure our people will have the skills they need to succeed and the best schools in the world. We'll make America the best place in the world to do business, which requires lowering the cost of doing so, and we will balance the budget and reduce the deficit through job creation because the more jobs we create, the more our economy works, the more we can rise the wages and the more we will be able to reduce the deficit. And the reason why the deficit increased in the last couple of years is because the President and his predecessors took on the American people's purchasing power, thus making our economy less dynamic and weakening the middle-class. Because if more people work in a growing economy, they're paying taxes, which will help us reducing the deficit. We have the duty to put the deficit under control if not, those burdens will be passed on to our children, to our great children and to the next generations. They're going to be paying the interest and the principal all their lives. We can't let that happen.

So if you want your jobs back here in America, restoration of the American Dream, more freedom, a government at its smallest size in history and a better, stronger, and brighter economy, I ask you to join us in this journey for a new American prosperity.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #785 on: July 12, 2017, 02:46:13 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 08:48:38 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

Since no Republican presidential nominee has ever won the White House without a victory in Ohio since 1964, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad narrating the Rubio's speech at the Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati, Ohio where the Florida Senator declared that he is the only Republican presidential candidate who can defeat the Democratic presidential nominee in November.

The ad titled « Path to Victory » airs in Ohio

« Path to Victory » advertisement narration :

As we all know, Ohio has determined the winner of every presidential election since the 1960s. And as we saw, I am the only Republican presidential candidate who can defeat both Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders in November.

Marco Rubio: 47% (+7)
Elizabeth Warren: 40%

Marco Rubio: 47% (+5)
Bernie Sanders: 42%

Elizabeth Warren: 46% (+5)
Stephen Pearcy: 41%

Bernie Sanders: 48% (+7)
Stephen Pearcy: 41%

Marco Rubio: 40% (+6)
Elizabeth Warren: 34%
Mark Cuban: 19%

Marco Rubio: 37% (+5)
Bernie Sanders: 32%
Mark Cuban: 25%

Elizabeth Warren: 32% (+6)
Stephen Pearcy: 26%
Mark Cuban: 26%

Bernie Sanders: 30% (+3)
Mark Cuban: 27%
Stephen Pearcy: 25%

Marco Rubio: 37% (+7)
Bernie Sanders: 30%
Mark Cuban: 26%

Throughout my political career, I managed to attract new voters to the Republican Party, thus helping us to grow it by attracting Hispanic voters, African American voters, Independent voters, etc.

I'm the son of Cuban immigrants that came here in America for economic opportunities and that could never come back to Cuba because of Castro's tyranny. Though they struggled to adapt in this new society, they were successful and they made sure that their children's' lives would be more successful than theirs. I understand the concerns of the Hispanic community because I lived the American Dream. We need to reinforce security in our borders and to reform our immigration system in order to keep our country while making it more inclusive and to give immigrants a fair chance to earn American citizenship, to earn higher education if they need it and to prosper by experiencing the American Dream on the land of opportunity. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. That's how I will be able to expand our party's support among Hispanics and young people, both groups that will play an important role in determining the winner of this presidential election in November.

I'm seating in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and on the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. Unlike Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, I know what is required to create jobs and to make America working again. My economic plan will not only boost job creation and bring prosperity back to America through free enterprise, free market tax reform and energy independence but it will also bring all the American people together thanks to bipartisan elements, which will help our party to expand its support among the American people.

Another reason why I'm the only who can defeat the Democratic nominee is because I have more foreign policy experience than both Senator Warren and Senator Sanders who are both seeking to pursue Barack Obama's terrible record that gave us further growing international terrorist threat, that allowed Russia to keep threatening international peace and that got Iran closer from getting nuclear weapons. By promoting peace through strength thanks to an increase of our military presence in strategic areas and to the creation of intergovernmental military alliances, we will deter Iran and North Korea from pursuing the development of their nuclear programs and fight radical Islamic terrorism more effectively. By increasing military budget, modernizing our military and sending all the necessary troops and arsenal in the Middle East, America and its allies will be able to defeat radical Islamic terrorism all across this region for the sake of international security, freedom and peace. That's my agenda, because that's the right way to fight terrorism. This is such clear and strong foreign policy judgement that will help me to beat either Warren or Sanders and make America safe.

So, in order to ensure our party's victory in November, I ask for your vote because if I'm the nominee, we will unite and expand our party, we will win here in Ohio and we will defeat whoever the Democrats will nominate and lead America to a New American Century and our children and the next generations will be better off than previous generations and will be the most prosperous Americans we've ever seen.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #786 on: July 12, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »

I'm busy this week so basically here is a summary of what also Pearcy did.

Pearcy campaigned on Tax Reform in Ohio,Missouri and Illinois and on being a moderate in Florida and North Carolina
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #787 on: July 12, 2017, 06:19:16 PM »

-Watch the coverage of mini Super Tuesday at Four Seasons Hotel & Tower in Miami, Florida with family

-Election Night Rally at the Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #788 on: July 12, 2017, 09:28:09 PM »

Pearcy's message to voters

We may be down but we are not out. I want you to go out and get your vote for Pearcy.  Say that yes you want to bring peace, wall street reform,The biggest tax cut in history and real free trade.

No matter what happens I am still proud of you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #789 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »

Sanders campaign summary

Sanders continued to campaign in the newer primary states, notably investing a lot of Illinois and Ohio, as he made ev3ry effort to appear with people like Tim Ryan and John Conyers. He also made several stops in New York, building his support base there, as well as California, where he hopes to capitalise on the state's liberal population.

Meanwhile, in response to Warren's attacks, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka was finally letmoff the leash, blasting Warren at a rally in Cincinnati, Ohio during the week.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Similar speeches were given by John Conyers and Jerry Brown at various rallies in California. Mayor Bill de Blasio also hammered this point whioe rallying support in New York City for Sanders. Moreover, Bernie finally gave the green light for Jeff Weaver and Tad Devine's attack ads to air. He explained his new strategy in an interview on Ohio local radio.

Such talk alarmed some Sanders supporters, like Shailene Woodley, but she shared similar sentiments in an interview for her upcoming film "Snowden."

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #790 on: July 12, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2018, 08:11:01 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among fiscal conservative voters, populist voters and working-class voters, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad narrating his plan to make America able to pursue his quest of open markets while bringing jobs back in America.

The ad titled « Real Solution » airs in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota

« Real Solution » advertisement narration :

Narrator : For several years, America is suffering job losses, especially in the manufacturing sector. Barack Obama's big government policies that increased taxes and regulations shipped American manufacturing jobs overseas. The right way to bring manufacturing jobs back and to create more of such jobs is not to rip our trade deals. If we want to relaunch America's manufacturing industry, we have to cut taxes and regulations for manufacturing businesses, which will make them much more competitive and help them to manufacture, to produce, to grow, to expand and to create jobs.

That's what Marco Rubio will do as President to make America's economy healthy again. That way, we can, without any doubt, become much more competitive in the global economy by pursuing our quest for open markets, which will get us new consumers and reduce the cost of exporting and importing, thus ensuring job creation for the American people.

Manufacturing and trade are both important elements of America's strength and prosperity. One thing doesn't rule out the other. Marco Rubio knows this and that's why tax cuts for manufacturing industry will help us to create jobs in this sector and keep them while encouraging competition in the world economy.

Marco Rubio for a fairer, freer, competitive and prosperous America.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #791 on: July 12, 2017, 09:56:03 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2018, 10:13:25 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad

In an effort to win among hawkish voters and the voters who selected national security as the most important issue, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad narrating one of his speeches warning about the consequences of a nuclear Iran, especially on the Middle East's stability.

The ad titled « Strength and Stability » airs in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina

« Strength and Stability » advertisement narration :

Due to President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran, Tehran is getting closer and closer to a nuclear weapon due to the money they get from the lifting of the sanctions, which will bring disaster not only in the Middle East but also around the world. We can't allow a nation, whose leader shouted « Death to America », getting nuclear weapons. If they do, they will destroy Israel.

If Israel is destroyed, there will be possibilities of many disastrous scenarios, including Israel's transformation into a terrorist heaven. Not only millions of people would be killed by a Iranian nuclear missile but terrorist groups like the Hezbollah, Hamas or Sinai Province, a radical Islamic terrorist group that is none other than a branch of ISIS, could take control of Israel. If that happens, ISIS will use Israel as a springboard to prepare, orchestrate and commit terrorist attacks in Turkey and Europe.

As President of the United States, I will restore diplomatic and economic sanctions against Iran to stop revenues from the lifting of these sanctions to fall in the hands of Iran and to be used to fund the construction of Iranian nuclear weapons. By creating a comprehensive missile defense through anti-missile shields, we will intercept and destroy any nuclear missile launched by Iran, thus avoiding catastrophic impacts as well as nuclear wars.

When I'm President, we will, through a stronger and modernized U.S. military, stronger military alliances and stronger diplomacy fight and destroy international terrorism, including ISIS, Sinai Province, Al Qaida and the Hezbollah, which will finally bring peace, stability and security.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #792 on: July 12, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2018, 10:13:37 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio GOTV Video

In an effort to win encourage all of Marco Rubio's supporters in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina to come out and vote for Rubio on March 15, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a GOTV video featuring Bruce Willis playing his role as John McClane in the Die Hard saga when the actor explains why he supports Marco Rubio.

The ad titled « Choice » airs in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina

« Choice » advertisement narration :

Hello, my fellow Americans. I'm Bruce Willis.

We have a choice to make for the sake of America's future and I made my choice : voting for Marco Rubio. You know why?

[Bruce Willis takes a gun and stops a bank robbery]

Because under Marco Rubio's leadership, nobody will take your money away from you. The government will be at its smallest size in America's history, thus giving you much more freedom. This will be done through reduction of government spending, tax cuts, regulation cuts, removal of the IRS and restoration of free enterprise. President Rubio will lead us to energy independence, make education accessible for all through school choice and make America the best business-friendly environment in the world.

[Bruce Willis shoots a training target covered by an image representing a terrorist]

Marco Rubio has the best foreign policy experience, judgement, leadership and agenda to keep America safe and defeat international terrorism. He will increase defense budget, reinforce and modernize our military, strengthen and expand our alliances, strike terrorists on their turf, restore sanctions against Iran in order to stop them from sponsoring terrorism and from getting nuclear weapons and he will stop North Korea's nuclear threat through a stronger diplomacy, stronger sanctions and through an anti-missile shield that will prevent any nuclear war by destroying any missile launched by Pyongyang.

After eight years of mess that Barack Obama gave us, his successor Marco Rubio will defend all the values that make America great and he will keep our country safe, free and prosperous, thus leading us to a New American Century.

That's why I call all of you voters in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina to come out and vote for Marco Rubio.

Yippee Ki-Yay!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #793 on: July 12, 2017, 10:17:35 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 10:34:41 PM by NHI »

March 15 Results:

Republican Results:

Ohio:
✓ Marco Rubio: 69% (66)
Stephen Pearcy: 31%

Florida:
✓ Marco Rubio: 80% (99)
Stephen Pearcy: 19%

Illinois:
✓ Marco Rubio: 70% (50)
Stephen Pearcy: 29% (16)

Missouri:
✓ Marco Rubio: 78% (52)
Stephen Pearcy: 21%

North Carolina:
✓ Marco Rubio: 77% (54)
Stephen Pearcy: 22% (15)

Northern Marina Islands:
✓ Marco Rubio: 100% (9)

Marco Rubio: 1,153 (31 Contests Won) (60.25%)
Stephen Pearcy: 256 (2 Contests Won) 36.52%

Democratic Results:

Ohio:
✓ Bernie Sanders: 49.99% (72)
Elizabeth Warren:  49.96% (71)

Florida:
✓ Elizabeth Warren Warren: 51% (114)
Bernie Sanders: 49% (100)

Illinois:
✓ Elizabeth Warren: 49.95% (79)
Bernie Sanders: 49.89% (77)

Missouri:
✓ Bernie Sanders: 50.10% (38)
Elizabeth Warren: 49.87% (33)

North Carolina:
✓ Elizabeth Warren: 53% (58)
Bernie Sanders 46% (49)

Elizabeth Warren: 1,066 (16 Contests Won) (49.97%)
Bernie Sanders: 1,018 (13 Contests Won) (49.95%)

This round will last until Saturday and end at 10 PM EST. Upcoming contests:
American Samoa (Dem/Rep)
Arizona (Dem/Rep)
Idaho (Dem)
Utah (Dem/Rep)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #794 on: July 12, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 05:54:44 AM by NHI »

Endorsements:

Rubio:
Gus Bilirakis, Florida congressman

David Joyce, Ohio congressman

Lee Zeldin, New York congressman

Duke Aiona, former Lieutenant Governor of Hawaii

John Boehner, former Speaker of the House

Scott Brown, former Massachusetts Senator

Mitch McConnell, Leader of the Senate Majority

Martha McSally, Arizona congresswoman

George W. Bush, former President of the United States

Felix Rodriguez, former CIA agent

Rob Bishop, Utah congressman

Chris Stewart, Utah congressman

Free Enterprise Alliance

Ann Coulter, political commentator

Pete Ricketts, Governor of Nebraska

Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland

Elise Stefanik, New York congresswoman

Sanders:
Former United States Secretary of Energy Steven Chu

United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Sylvia Mathews Burwell

Mrs Susan Sarandon

Mr Viggo Mortensen

Mayor of San Francisco Ed Lee

Ruben Diaz, Jr, Borough President of the Bronx

Melinda Katz, Borough President of Queens

Anthony Renden, Speaker of the California State Assembly

Working Families Party of New York

Micheal Gianaris, Minority Whip of the New York State Senate

Kevin de Leon, President Pro Tempore of the California State Senate

Warren:
 Ted Strickland, John Breaux, Bob Kerrey, Ben Nelson, Patrick Murphy, John Cranley, Frank Jackson, Francis Slay, Anthony Foxx (though he may be taken already, I don't remember), Jennifer Roberts, Charles Meeker, Sheila Simon, Gabrielle Giffords, Ann Kirkpatrick and Krysten Simena.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #795 on: July 12, 2017, 10:23:13 PM »

Stephen Pearcy has dropped out and has endorsed Senator Rubio.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #796 on: July 12, 2017, 10:28:03 PM »

I think you forgot to color Wyoming in red, NHI
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #797 on: July 12, 2017, 10:31:54 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 11:38:44 AM by Jaguar4life »

Stephen Pearcy withdrawal speech

Folks I am proud of what we have done and accomplished but after tonight it seems like there is no fair way to win so that is why I am suspending my campaign and endorsing Senator Rubio *Crow groans*

Sorry I know I said I wanted to take it to the convention but I don't want to be seen as a outcast of this party and I want my fellow Republicans to back the White House in November *Crowd cheers*

We have differences but I think me and Senator Rubio  can put them aside because if I don't then we would have president Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders *Crowd boos*

So I tell everyone including myself to go out and support our nominee Marco Rubio!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #798 on: July 12, 2017, 10:34:26 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 11:07:20 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech at the Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida

Thank you Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina. Thank you so very much.

This is a great victory and a great night for our campaign and for America, because right now, I only need 84 additional delegates to become the Republican presidential nominee.

[Crowd applauds]

Our party is uniting toward our campaign in order to start the work and to start the campaign to win in November, to beat Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders, to get America back to work through smaller government, tax cuts for all the people, energy independence, free trade, education reform, budget balance, infrastructure development and businesses' promotion. After we win on November, America and the rest of the world will be safer through a stronger and modernized U.S. military, stronger alliances and stronger international freedom in order to fight and destroy international terrorism, to defeat tyranny for the sake of democracy and to restore international territorial integrity.

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

A few moments ago, we learned that Stephen Pearcy has suspended his campaign and announced his endorsement to my candidacy. I congratulate Mr. Pearcy for the campaign he led for America. Now, our party is united and we will work together to defeat the Democratic nominee and to get America back on track.

Bienvenida en el siglo XXI, un Nuevo Siglo Americano para todos los estadounidenses por la prosperidad, por la seguridad, por la justicia, por la unidad nacional.

[Crowd applauds]

Six years ago, the Deepwater Horizon crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, not far away from here, hurt oil industry as well as our whole economy. Then, Barack Obama's taxes and regulations on energy industry made this economic situation worse and made us much more dependent on foreign oil, including from countries in throes of terrorism, thus, sometimes, unwillingly funding terrorist groups. We need to relaunch oil production by doubling permits on federal lands, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, drill in ANWR, build the TransAmerica Energy pipeline and another one from Alaska to Canada and exploit oil resources in the North Pole through the use of underwater tankers. That way, we will get energy independence through energy revolution that will make us the world energy superpower, bring massive job creation, boost our automotive industry and give us the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies to create jobs. That's how we'll grow our economy while preserving the environment. Free trade with Latin America will reinforce our relations with this region's nations, ensure economic growth through free market, reduced tariffs  and lower costs of trading. I believe it will make a contribution to Cuba's democratization through free market promotion just as it did for Indonesia two decades ago. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. Along with the Trans-Pacific Partnership, It will also help us to keep our status as the first economic power in the world since Latin America's economy is as powerful as China's, which will keep our trade power stronger than China's. By cutting taxes for all the American people and for business owners, by reducing the cost of doing business in America and by developing infrastructure through a part of future budget surplus, America will remain the best place in the world to open a business, which will reinforce the American people's purchasing power, increase wages, reduce the deficit, reinforce production and consumption, create jobs, and bring creative innovation.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders want to close Guantanamo that is located  in Cuba, not away from here in Florida, which will decrease our national security. We can't afford to risk allowing terrorists to escape and to kill more Americans. Too much Americans are murdered since too long by coward terrorists. When I'm president, our security measures will be increased, our defense budget will be increased, our military will be reinforced and modernized, our alliances will be consolidated and expanded. Terrorism will be defeated thanks to strong military coalitions, strong military force and effective intelligence operations. Diplomatic and economic sanctions will make sure that Iran will never ever get any nuclear weapons, that it will instead use its nuclear energy for its economic growth and that Israel as well as all the Middle East will remain stable, safe and free.

[Crowd applauds]

Time has come for a conservative voice that will lead us to victory on November.

We still have work to do. Now, it's Go West Young Man. After we'll win the primaries in Arizona and Utah next week, we will win the Republican nomination and our campaign for America's future and for a New American Century will start.

Thank you. Que Dios los bendiga a todos y Que Dios Bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.

[Crowd loudly applauds]

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #799 on: July 12, 2017, 10:34:54 PM »

I think you forgot to color Wyoming in red, NHI

Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies