Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:50:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 58
Author Topic: Interactive Election Game: 2016 (TURN 5)  (Read 124094 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
« edited: July 26, 2017, 03:28:00 PM by UWS »

2016 Republican National Convention
Day 1, Part 4

Date : July 18 2016-July 21 2016

Monday, July 18

Theme : A New American Security

Speakers :

-Eric Greitens, former Governor of Missouri
-Liz Cheney, U.S. Representative from Wyoming and Dick Cheney's daughter
-Richard Burr, North Carolina Senator
-Rob O'Neill, former Navy SEAL

Thank you so very much!

Almost 15 years ago, on September 11 2001, America suffered the worst terrorist attack in all its history. This day, Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida killed over 3000 Americans. Many families suffered and cried from the loss of their beloved ones. They attacked us for what we believe. These terrorist attacks were an offense committed against the American Dream, democracy, justice and freedom.

But after 9/11, we fought back by declaring war on international terror, by reinforcing our security measures, by reinforcing our military and our partnerships with our allies and by intervening militarily in Afghanistan, thus toppling the tyrannical Taliban regime and destroying Al Qaida's bases. Then, in 2011, it was with great honor and patriotism that I participated at the Operation Neptune's Spear in Abbottabad, Pakistan, an operation during which I killed Osama Bin Laden. Justice is done!

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

Right now, the Obama Administration committed a serious mistake by withdrawing our troops from Iraq too early, thus allowing the rise ISIS who is controlling an important part of the Iraqi and Syrian territories and is committing many waves of terrorist attacks against allies and against us. Over last year, we saw it in Garland, Texas. We saw it in San Bernardino, California. And we saw it in Orlando, Florida. I'm here to say « that's enough! »

[Crowd cheers, applauds]

Marco Rubio will reverse this situation. He has the best foreign policy experience and judgement to keep America safe and that's why I support Marco Rubio. He will increase defense spending, modernize our military, ensure our military's readiness and he will strengthen and reinforce our alliances. That's how we're going to defeat international terrorism. Marco Rubio will destroy ISIS by sending all the necessary military arsenal and by reinforcing our military alliances, especially in the Middle East, and we will surround ISIS. They will have no chance to escape, they will be attacked from all sides and that's how we're going to defeat Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and bring him to justice, the same way we did to Osama Bin Laden the day we killed him. We will then rebuild Syria and Iraq to make sure that terrorism will never rise again in this region. That's the agenda adopted by Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy agenda and that's how they will establish a new American Security, one of the main keys to make America great again and to get us to a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless the United States of America.

-Michael McCaul, U.S. Representative from Texas and Chairman of House Homeland Security Committee
-Ron De Santis, U.S. Representative from Florida
-Joe Lieberman, former Connecticut Senator and 2000 Democratic vice-presidential nominee
-Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Senator
-John McCain, Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee

Thank you my friends, thank you my fellow Americans.

It's an honor, as always, my fellow Republicans, to join you at our national convention as we unanimously nominate my friend Senator Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States.

[Crowd applauds]

As a Vietnam War veteran and POW who refused early release in order not to encourage communist propaganda, I've been blessed for so long to play a role in our nation's affairs that I'm conscious only of the debt I owe America because I always put America first before my own interests, and I thank you for the honor.

Over the last few years, terrorism has grown around the world. If we disengage in our fight against terrorism like the Obama administration did by withdrawing in Iraq, ISIS will follow us home just like terrorists followed us home and killed innocent Americans in Garland, San Bernardino and Orlando. ISIS wants Iraq and Syria to be a heaven and a base for radical Islamic extremism to launch further attacks against the United States and its allies. The Middle East is not their ultimate destination. Their ultimate destination is New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, and Phoenix.

We can't allow terrorists to pursue their attacks against us just like Elizabeth Warren and the Democrats did by voting in favor of weakening our homeland security last year, by voting against giving America the necessary tools to stop and defeat terrorists, by blocking the Defense Funding bill and by supporting President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran.

Elizabeth Warren and Ron Paul seek to lower our security measures as well as our military readiness, which will allow terrorists to destroy freedom, democracy, justice and integrity and reinforce the fear they are triggering by killing more innocent people.

[Crowd boos]

But Marco Rubio will do the exact opposite. He has the right foreign policy experience, knowledge, judgement and leadership to lead our nation and make it safer than ever before. Marco Rubio knows that we need stronger American leadership and that's why I trust him to be the next commander-in-chief.

[Crowd applauds]

He will increase our defense budget, modernize and reinforce our military. He will expand our alliances and partnerships, he will strike terrorists on their turf, provide the Kurds in weapons and establish background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, which will help us to avoid giving weapons to terrorists disguised as moderate Syrian rebels and help us getting as many anti-terrorist forces as possible. That's how we're going to defeat ISIS, Al Qaida, Hezbollah and international terrorism.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

The so-called nuclear deal with Iran that this administration signed lifted economic and diplomatic sanctions against Iran, which allowed Iran to get the necessary revenues to keep sponsoring international terrorism and developing its nuclear program and made them able to build nuclear missiles to strike us and our allies, especially Israel. If Israel is annihilated by Iran, this will be not only a disaster but also a genocide that will be committed by Iran. As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will have the courage to take action and keep Iran from taking further money aimed at developping nuclear weapons, at supporting terrorism and at pursuing its insanity. Marco Rubio will make sure that Iran never gets nuclear weapons. He will do it by abolishing this anti-American deal made by Obama. He will make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy not for military purposes but for economic purposes. He will make sure that Iranian nuclear energy will be used for Iran's economic growth. And as long as Iran acts like this, there will be no need to strike Iran, which will reinforce international security and peace.

[Crowd applauds]

Russia has violated international territorial integrity over the last few years, especially by invading Georgia in 2008 while I was the Republican nominee, by invading Ukraine and annexing Crimea in 2014 while providing weapons to a pro-Russian insurgency there and by supporting the dictatorial Syrian regime of Bachar al-Assad. We need to stand with our allies and stop Vladimir Putin's madness and insanity. Marco Rubio will do so by reinforcing our local alliances, including Ukraine, Turkey and Poland, reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea and by providing American weapons to Ukrainian troops. Thanks to military arsenal from the United States, the greatest military power in the world, Ukraine will win and Russia will lose. Democracy will win and tyranny will lose. Our Ukrainian allies will defeat these pro-Russian terrorist groups and give Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people. Syria is led by a terrorist named Bachar al-Assad who is slaying his own people in order to reinforce his power. Assad's tyranny and oppressive leadership pushed many people in Syria to become radicalized and to convert to radical Islamic terrorism. Assad is responsible of terrorist rise in Syria and all this mess in the Middle East. And yet Russia is supporting Assad diplomatically and militarily for economic purposes. Russia should put the fight against ISIS ahead of its own ambitions through defending the Assad regime. As long as Assad remains in power, our fight against radical Islamic terrorism will be difficult and ineffective. After wiping ISIS and other radical Islamic terrorist groups off the map, President Marco Rubio and our allies  will help Syria to establish a democratic government, which will ensure Syria's freedom. That way, Syria will be given back to the Syrian people an Syrians will finally be masters of their own destiny. Our fight for security and stability will be much easier because the Syrian people will have finally regained trust in their government due to integrity and freedom. Democracy, freedom and integrity are elements required to ensure security.

Only together, we will defeat our enemies and keep America as well as all the rest of the world safe, free and peaceful. Because as Marco Rubio said : United we stand, divided we fall.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless our allies and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2018, 10:41:18 PM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 5

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Karen Vaughn, mother of a Navy SEAL who was killed in Afghanistan
-Chuck Norris, Actor
-Jeff Sessions, Alabama Senator
-Rudy Giuliani, former New York City Mayor and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008

Thank you Cleveland! Thank you my fellow Republicans!

I am here to speak to you about a very serious subject : how to make America safe. Today, the vast majority of the American people do not feel safe. They fear for their children and they fear for themselves. Time has come for us to get our country to a New American Security.

[Crowd applauds]

We reach out our arms with understanding and compassion to those who have lost loved ones because of unjustified police shootings that must be punished. It's time to make America safe again. It's time to make America one again. One America! What happened to Barack Obama's « there's no white America, there's no black America, there is just America »? What happened to it? How did it float away?

I know we can bring America together and make it safe against crime and terrorism because I did it by changing New York City from the « crime capital of America » to the safest large city in the United States, including after we suffered the worst terrorist attack on the U.S. soil in our country's history on September 11 2001. Marco Rubio will keep us safe and free and he will help us to achieve and embrace our greatness.

In the last seven months, there have been five major Islamic extremist terrorist attacks on us and our allies. We must not be afraid to define our enemy. It is Islamic extremist terrorism!

I did not say all of Islam. I did not say most of Islam. I said Islamic extremist terrorism. We know who you are! And we're coming to get you!

Failing to identify them properly maligns all those good Muslims around the world that are killed by them. They are killing more Muslims than anyone else. It also sets up a fear of being politically incorrect that can have serious consequences. It did in San Bernardino. It did it with Major Nidal. The only person who couldn't figure out this was an Islamic extremist terrorist attack was Barack Obama, who called it workplace violence. This is why our enemies see us as weak and vulnerable.

Marco Rubio has said that one of the steps we must follow in order to defeat our enemies is to identify them properly and see the connections between them so we can find them and catch them. To defeat Islamic extremist terrorism we must put them on defense. If they are at war against us, which they have declared, we must commit ourselves to unconditional victory against them.

This includes increasing the FBI's counter-terrorism budget and our budget and defense, reinforcing and modernizing our homeland security and our military, expanding our alliances, striking Islamic extremist terrorists on their territory through military strength and arming the right groups through background checks on them.

This includes undoing one of the worst deals America ever made : Obama’s Nuclear Agreement with Iran that will eventually let them become a nuclear power, that put billions of dollars back into a country that is the world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism, that is supported by Elizabeth Warren and Ron Paul who seek to make this anti-American deal permanent. This administration is actually giving the money to fund the terrorists who are killing us and our allies and to fund Iran's military nuclear program . If Elizabeth Warren is elected, we will see much stronger terrorist threat because of that so-called deal and the beginning of a nuclear war triggered by Iran and their nuclear weapons will be able to strike us and our allies, including Israel.

Marco Rubio will make sure that any agreement with Iran meets the original goals of the U.N and our allies : a non-nuclear Iran. By abolishing that deal, he will deprive Iran of the necessary money to fund terrorists and get nuclear weapons. He will put in place an anti-missile shield that will intercept and destroy any nuclear missile launched by Iran against us and our allies. That's how we can win against Iran without any war.

Marco Rubio is a leader. He will reassert America’s position as the nation with the best values to lead the world.

Barack Obama has failed to restore freedom and security in Libya after Gaddafi's fall. Libya is in chaos. His Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is accountable for this and much more. Her dereliction of duty and failure to keep her people safe played a major role in the horrific Islamic extremist terrorist murders on September 11-12, 2012 in Benghazi which claimed the lives of four brave Americans. And Clinton and the Obama administration, for political reasons, lied about the purpose of the attacks including her lying directly to the families of those who were killed. Hillary Clinton's answer to Congress about the death of these four brave Americans because of her failures as Secretary of State was, I quote, « What difference at this point does it make? »

[Crowd boos]

What difference does it make? Watch the video for yourself and see the arrogant disregard for American lives lost unnecessarily. No wonder that Hillary Clinton is not running. However, she is supporting Elizabeth Warren in order to make sure that Barack Obama's failed and weak foreign policy, that contributed to ISIS' rise and to multiplied terrorist attacks against us and our allies and that cost several American lives through diminishing our military and withdrawing our nation from the fight against terrorism, will continue for the years to come. We can't let that happen. Marco Rubio will change all of that. In short he will lead by leading, not by following.

Now is our last chance to get this country back in the right direction. There is no more time left for us to revive our great country. No more time to repeat the mistakes of the Obama years. Washington needs a complete turnaround and Marco Rubio is the agent of change and he will be leader of the change we need. Unlike Elizabeth Warren, Marco Rubio has, as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Intelligence, all the right experience, knowledge and leadership to defeat Islamic extremist terrorism and to keep America safe and free.

He has a clear and proven leadership in terms of keeping us safe due to his efforts for stronger sanctions against the Hezbollah, his co-sponsored North Korea Sanctions and Enhancement Policy Act and his co-sponsored Bipartisan Counter-Terrorism Coalition Act. Marco Rubio is ready to be the next commander-in-chief, he will fight Islamic extremist terrorism until we obtain total, complete and unconditional victory against this evil and America will be safe under Marco Rubio's presidential leadership.

He will make America once again, just like the President I worked for, Ronald Reagan, the shining city on the hill.

Vote for Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy for a safer and freer America and for an America headed in a different, better and brighter direction : greatness.

Thank you. God bless our next President Marco Rubio and God bless the United States of America. USA!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #902 on: July 26, 2017, 11:30:27 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 07:28:42 AM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 6

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Robert McFarlane, former National Security Advisor under Ronald Reagan's presidency
-Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State
-Joni Ernst, Iowa Senator

Thank you, Iowa. It's an honor to be with you in Cleveland and to be on this stage with fellow Veterans; among them are Navy SEAL Rob O'Neill, Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, Special Operations Master Sergeant Jason Beardsley and my colleague, Congressman and Navy SEAL., Ryan Zinke.

I never would have imagined a farm girl like me, from Montgomery County, would have the opportunity to serve as the first woman elected to federal office from Iowa. However, my parents always said to my brother, sister and me, that if we worked hard, anything was possible.

I've had the great privilege of serving my state and our country while working alongside some of our nation's finest soldiers. For 14 months, I served as a company commander during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where my unit was tasked with running convoys through Kuwait and southern Iraq. Last November, after more than 23 years of service, I retired as a lieutenant colonel in the Iowa Army National Guard.

As I travel across Iowa and around our great country, I hear from folks who are worried America is no longer leading but rather following from behind. Those concerns are echoed by our allies around the world and rightfully so. The question I hear time and time again is, where is America's leadership? There's a void in the world, a deficit that cannot be filled by others. Our country and the world of which we are a part simply cannot afford four more years of this lack of leadership under Elizabeth Warren. Our allies see us shrinking from our place as a leader in the world, as we have failed time and again to address threats. They are looking for American leaders, leaders who are willing to stand up and say, enough is enough. Unfortunately, Elizabeth Warren cannot be trusted. Her judgment and leadership are not suited to be sitting in the most powerful office in the world. She has already failed us too many times before by voting for cutting in our military and in our homeland security, by supporting the Iran nuclear deal and by voting against allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists. She and Barack Obama have failed to stop the expansion of terrorism. The Obama administration's policies in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria have created more safe havens for terrorism. Shockingly, Senator Warren continues to support a policy that brings captured terrorists into our backyards.

The Democrats have failed to support our allies. Obama's Iran Nuclear Deal puts in peril our longtime friends and allies in the region, especially Israel. They have continued to threaten to destroy Israel, both directly and indirectly, through its terrorist proxies such as Hezbollah. They remain the top sponsor of terrorism which endangers not just Israel, but Europe and the United States.

And look, just take a look, folks, at the pathetic track record Senator Warren and President Obama have in the war on ISIS. This Administration has called them "junior varsity adversaries", ignoring some of the best advice they were given. They represent a threat that is not limited to the Middle East and is spreading rapidly. In fact, according to the FBI, ISIS is present in all 50 states. They will use whatever weapons they have: guns, trucks, knives, poisons, and bombs to kill innocent people. Under this current Administration's wayward policies, ISIS continues to spread, while the President fails to put forward a comprehensive strategy to defeat and destroy them.

Marco Rubio will not hesitate to call radical Islamic terrorism by its name and he will not hesitate to destroy those that wish to harm our great nation. USA!

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

He will support our allies because it's in America's national security interests. Together, we will win. Unlike Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren, Marco Rubio will make sure that we will remain the strongest military power in the world, which requires stronger defense budget and modernization of our military. That's how we're going to defeat ISIS and defend freedom and justice.

For too long, Americans have felt abandoned and their warnings unheard. Marco Rubio has heard these voices loud and clear. We cannot afford four more years of the same failed policies. If that is not enough, the Veterans Administration has been failing those who have served, alongside those of us here on the stage, with scandal after scandal at the highest levels: inferior care, long wait times, extraordinary inefficiency, and a bureaucracy that has gone wild still continues. We need a commander-in-chief who will stand up to our enemies, support our allies, and have our veterans' backs.

We need a leader who will ensure America remains a strong, stabilizing force around the globe and who will keep us safe here at home. Marco Rubio will be that leader. He and Stephen Pearcy have a clear and decent record when it comes to taking care about our veterans. Marco Rubio has been tested over and over again on foreign policy challenges and every time he succeeded like he will do as President of the United States.

Our country cannot take another four years like the eight we've just had. It's time to stand up and fight for the security of our children, our grandchildren and ourselves.

With Elizabeth Warren it's always about her; it should be about you. Marco Rubio is focused on you. He gave a voice to a movement of millions of Americans who are tired of politics as usual. I know as president, he will work tirelessly to keep our nation safe. Now is the time to make America safe again.

Thank you, and may god bless all of you, the wonderful state of Iowa, the brave men and women in uniform and these great United States of America. God bless you. God bless you. Thank you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #903 on: July 27, 2017, 12:04:11 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 02:28:45 PM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 7

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Michael T. Flynn, retired U.S. Army lieutanant general
-Amanda Rubio, Marco Rubio's oldest daughter

Thank you everybody.

Even though I'm not yet eligible to vote, but close from it, I call all of you, including Millennials that are eligible to vote to elect my father Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States.

During his childhood, he was raised paycheck to paycheck, my grand parents were not speaking English and they struggled to adapt in this new society. But thanks to the hard work of a bartender and a housekeeper, they prevailed and they made their children better off than they were, just like my dad seeks, as President, to make sure that our generation and the next generations to come will be the most prosperous Americans that ever lived. He knows that free enterprise is the only economic system where this goal is possible.

Like my father said, if we can get our economy healthy again, our generation, our children, our grand children and beyond will be the most prosperous Americans ever. Thanks to energy independence, lower fiscal burden for all Americans, open trade, education reform, infrastructure development and cost reduction of doing business in America, everything will be possible. My dad knows how to get our economy working again and with his experience as a member of the  U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, he will bring America to full-employment and ensure permanent brightness for America's future and permanent prosperity for all Americans, including young people and immigrants coming here in America, the hope of the Earth, the land of opportunity and the land where everything is possible. That's why he is asking for your vote. So I encourage you to go to the polls on November 8 and to accomplish your duty as citizens for the good of your future.

Thank you. God bless and God bless America.

-Jason Beardsley, Special Operations Advisor for Concerned Veterans for America
-Mario Rubio, brother of Marco Rubio and military veteran

Thank you.

I'm so glad and proud to be here at the Republican National Convention to talk about my brother Marco Rubio's gratitude, patriotism and faith for our country.

I proudly served my country in the U.S. military and I'm so proud of my brother Marco Rubio for his service to our country and to veterans, including me, in their post military career. He is the best man to take care of our brave men and women in uniform. Like all of us, Marco is grateful of our veterans' service for America, a strong and beautiful country. cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise, so it helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service. He co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America.

After serving their country and fighting tyranny and terrorism, our men and women in uniform need something in return and Marco Rubio knows it. That's why President Marco Rubio will always thank them for their courage and service not only through medals of honour but also through social services and health care services by using the same leadership he adopted in the Senate when it comes to take care of our veterans.

Marco is the most qualified candidate to lead this great and beautiful nation and defend it against terrorists who offended our people in our home state of Florida. As President of the United States, Marco will make our military stronger, make our alliances stronger and make America's security stronger. That's the steps we need to follow to destroy terrorism and save innocent lives.

Like my brother said, if our fellow Americans' American Dreams succeed the 21st Century will be a new American century. This will be the purpose of his presidency. The final verdict on young generations will be written by Americans not yet born. Let us make sure they record that we made the right choice. That in the early years of this century, faced with a rapidly changing and uncertain world, our youth rose to face the great challenges of our time. And because we did, there was still one place in the world where who you come from does not determine how far you can go. Because we did, we kept American miracle alive. And because we did, our children and theirs lived in a new American Century.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2017, 12:58:13 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 02:31:38 PM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 8

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Jim Webb, former Virginia Senator and former U.S. Secretary of the Navy
-Joe Heck, Nevada Congressman and candidate for Nevada Senator

Thank you, Cleveland. Thank you, my fellow Americans.

I'm proud to have served this great and beautiful country called America through my military service. I am proud to be serving the great state of Nevada at the United States House of Representatives. And I'm proud to be running for the senatorial seat held by Harry Reid, one of the worst Senate leaders and one of the most ineffective legislators America has ever known. I am ready to reverse his record as the next Senator of Nevada just like Marco Rubio is ready to reverse Barack Obama's disastrous record as the next President of the United States.

[Crowd applauds]

Senator Reid put partisanship ahead of the American people's needs and interests by siding with President Obama on every issue. Just like Elizabeth Warren, he voted to make Obamacare permanent, which allows further regulations and higher costs for our people's access to healthcare. Just like Elizabeth Warren, he voted against the Keystone XL pipeline, which kept America from getting to energy independence, from creating good jobs and from depriving terrorists of revenues from our energy dependence on foreign oil to plan terrorist attacks. Harry Reid voted against a bill to defund Planned Parenthood that is costing millions and millions of dollars every year and is taking away from unborn children the right to live. But don't worry, my friends, after this election, we will accomplish all the Senate efforts I just mentioned and that were blocked by the Democrats led by Barack Obama and Harry Reid and you know why, because we took the majority in both houses of the Congress last year. But what is yet to be done to put in place this agenda is to elect Marco Rubio at the Presidency of the United States of America.

Marco Rubio will cut taxes for all the American people, allow the building of Keystone XL, promote trade partnerships to ensure our competitiveness, reform our education system, balance the budget, champion businesses and repeal and replace Obamacare. That's how America will finally reclaim its prosperity.

Nine years ago, Harry Reid has demonstrated his pessimism and was ready for America's surrender to terrorism. He said : « The War on Terror is lost. We can't win. »

[Crowd boos]

If America lost, who won? Al Qaida? ISIS? Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?

[Crowd boos]

We can't afford to accept terrorism's victory. But if we don't take action, if we don't stand with our allies, all things that the Obama administration don't have the courage to do, we risk to see terrorism's victory, a potential that will be reinforced if Elizabeth Warren is elected and then pursues Obama's cuts in our military and in our security. But as President of the United States, Marco Rubio will modernize our military, ensure our troops' readiness, reinforce and expand our alliances and deploy the necessary arsenal to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

Do you remember, in 2010, when Marco Rubio was running for the Senate, Harry Reid showed arrogance and disregard when he said, I quote « I don't know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican. »

[Crowd boos]

How dare he say that? Como él atreven digo esa?

But remember what Marco Rubio responded, I quote, « You know, Americans of Hispanic descent, you know the strongest issue there is? That is economic empowerment upward mobility. My parents worked every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that that's possible in time and again and that's the American free enterprise system. And the reason why Americans of Hispanic descent should be Republicans is because the Democratic leadership is trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system, the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. »

So, despite Reid's comments, Marco Rubio, a son of Cuban immigrants, won the Florida senatorial election by a landslide and is elected Senator of Florida and now he is running for President. In the last few months, he adopted a plan to create economic opportunities for Hispanics. As the nominee of our party, he will expand our party by growing Hispanic support, he will lead all the American people to victory by listening to their concerns and bringing the right solutions and then we will finally get America back on track. We are the party of Lincoln, we are the party of diversity, we are the party of all Americans, we are the Grand Opportunity Party.

Fortunately, Harry Reid is not running again. But if I'm elected at the Senate, I will reverse his record of failure and lack of leadership and stop Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Schumer from pursuing Barack Obama's big government policies and foreign policy that brought more terrorist threat and I'm ready to pass President Marco Rubio's laws and policies for the sake of America's prosperity, security, freedom and unity.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 07:36:32 AM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 9

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Scott Brown, former Massachusetts Senator
-Reince Priebus, Republican National Committee Chairman

Thank you.

To the people of Cleveland, we say thank you for your hospitality.

I stand before this Convention tonight as the Chairman of a Party that is carrying the torch of liberty. We are the party of the open door.

To some people and some presidents, America is just another country. To Republicans, America is the greatest nation on Earth. We don't apologize for America. We celebrate America.

At every level, Republicans stand for aspiration and achievement. We stand for peace and prosperity. We stand for freedom and fairness. These values have inspired people the world-over, ever since we won our freedom over two centuries ago. These values fueled the sacrifices for freedom at Gettysburg and Normandy and Fallujah. These values spurred the fight for equality in Birmingham and Selma.It is clear the Republican Party is the only party willing to fight for these values and lead America to greatness in the 21st century, the New American Century.

You see, the dirty little secret Democrats don't want you to know is that they are the party of the same old thing. Next week they are going to trot out the same old Democrats with the same old message running the same old candidate. We are the party of new ideas in a world changing faster than ever.

Democrats depend on super delegates and bureaucrats to sneak their agenda through the backdoor. We are the party of the grassroots. We honor what the voters say.

Democrats want to put labor union bosses in charge of our schools, limit our choices, and feed our kids a steady diet of left-wing propaganda. We know every child matters and the classroom is not an assembly line. It's time to give power back to parents, embrace school choice, and equip our children with the skills they need for college, career and life.

Democrats want healthcare choices in the hands of politicians. We want healthcare choices in the hands of patients. Democrats want Washington to impose a one-size-fits-all policy on everybody. We say an independent people deserves individual solutions.

What separates Republicans from Democrats is our belief in better. We believe in better schools. A better healthcare system. A better economy which rewards hard work no matter where or when you punch the clock. And most of all, we believe in a better chance at the American Dream for everyone. The Republican Party will not stop this fight until all of this becomes a reality. And that's why we need to stop Elizabeth Warren.

A Warren presidency only means more debt, more Obamacare, and more hard-working families never seeing a raise.

If given the chance, Elizabeth Warren will stack the Supreme Court with left-wing judges who will treat the Constitution like a doormat. You can kiss your gun rights goodbye if she ever finds her way into the White House.

In foreign policy, a Warren presidency means forgetting our friends and enabling our enemies.

Well, I have one word for all this hypocrisy and corruption. Enough.

Americans have had enough of a government that plays favorites with the well-connected.

This election is our chance to stop it and Marco Rubio is the right man to lead that charge. He brought and he's bringing millions of new voters into our party and united this party because he's listening to Americans who are anxious about a country which has lost its way. That's why he won 47 states on 50 during the race for the nomination.

Marco Rubio wants to bring jobs back from overseas and help our country to create more jobs through tax cuts for manufacturing businesses and through reduction of our corporate tax rate, thus allowing us to pursue job creation while pursuing our quest for open markets, thus further reinforcing our country's economic prosperity.

Working families are the lifeblood of our country, and we can't thrive as a nation unless they are thriving. A lot of them haven't seen a bigger paycheck in a long time.

Marco Rubio wants to make sure you can pay the mortgage, put gas in the car, and buy new clothes for the first day of school.

Marco Rubio is committed to hitting terrorists hard and making the safety of every man, woman, and child in America his number one priority.

No more negotiating with terrorists. If they want to take us down, we will take them down.

And, he will protect the Second Amendment, and every other right guaranteed in the Constitution, by appointing conservative justices to the Supreme Court.

And he's going to protect the lives of the unborn. So I have a message to America : hold on. Help is coming. With Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy, America is ready for a comeback after almost a decade of Obama's failures.

Let me tell you a little-known story of American greatness. William Nudesen was a Danish immigrant who started out working in a shipyard and living in a boardinghouse. He knew America promised limitless opportunity, and was determined to make the most of it. He developed his talents for industrial engineering and worked his way up at General Motors. By 1937, he had become the President of the company. In 1940, the government asked him to get America's factories on a wartime footing. Instead of cars and trucks, America's great manufacturers were now proudly making tanks and planes. For this enormous responsibility, Nudesen was paid $1 per year.

He didn't do the job for the money. He was motivated by a duty to keep America free from tyranny. He set aside the job of leading one of the largest companies in America so he could help save the world. At the end of the war, a war department official told him, "You have never done anything for yourself, only for your country. You have never spared yourself."

Like William Nudesen, we cannot spare ourselves either. Economic freedom. Belief in the American Dream. A strong national defense. Putting country first.

Those values are under assault from Elizabeth Warren and the rest of the Democrat party. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is not just a tagline for a bumper sticker. It is our American legacy, and it is our responsibility to save it and strengthen it for our children and grandchildren. God put us here not by accident. This is our moment to set a new course for an America as strong and confident as we've ever been.

Let's stand united as Republicans! Let's stop Elizabeth Warren! Let's get to work, expand our Republican majorities, and elect Marco Rubio President!

Thank you and God bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 08:28:37 AM by UWS »

Day 1, Part 10

Monday, July 18

Speakers :

-Ryan Zinke, U.S. Representative from Montana
-Tom Cotton, Arkansas Senator (Keynote Speaker)

Thank you Cleveland. Thank you my friends. Thank you my fellow Americans.

For 8 years, we’ve seen what happens when America leads from behind. Leading from behind that’s not what the Army taught me. To everyone who agrees that America should lead the way, let me say loud and clear : help is on the way. And help will go on, which requires electing Marco Rubio.

Let me tell you a story about an Arkansas farm boy. When America was at war, he was in school and then in a comfortable job. But he sacrificed that comfort, against the wishes of his father, who himself had served. He volunteered for the Army. He became an infantryman. That farm boy was my dad. He went to Vietnam in 1969.

Thirty-five years later, I did the same. Against the wishes of my family, I gave up my legal career and I volunteered for the Army. I became an infantryman. I went to Iraq and Afghanistan. My dad said he felt like God was punishing him for what he did to his dad. But God wasn’t punishing them; God had called us to serve. Just as he calls so many of you.

My family isn’t extraordinary; in fact, we’re very ordinary. From farms in Arkansas to fire stations in New York, many families could tell the same story. The defense of this country is a family affair.

We don’t fight because we hate our enemies, but because we love our country. We love its freedom. We love that we’re born equal and live free, that no one rules without consent. We know these things are worth fighting and dying for because they make life worth living for. Our warriors and their families don’t ask for much. But there are a few things we’d like.

We need a commander-in-chief who speaks of winning wars and not merely ending wars, calls the enemy by its name, and draws red lines carefully, but enforces them ruthlessly. Marco Rubio will be this kind of commander-in-chief and he knows what it takes to defeat terrorism and tyranny and to keep our country safe. We also need politicians who treat our common defense as the chief responsibility of our federal government, not just another government program.

This isn’t much to ask for, but eight years without it is more than enough. So I say again : with a Rubio/Pearcy administration and with a Republican Congress, help is on the way.

No man wants more war if he’s planned memorial services for fallen comrades, carried their flag-draped caskets off a plane, and buried them at Arlington National Cemetery.

But as George Washington said: “ To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace. ”

The purpose of our common defense, after all, is to protect our people so that we can enjoy the blessings of peacefaith, freedom, family, prosperity. My father and his father were willing to fight so that their children and grandchildren might live in peace. That wasn’t to be. But my generation is willing to fight so that our children might live in peace.

And for that cause, I speak tonight not only to Republicans, but to the millions of Independents and Democrats who share that dream and who wish to establish a new American safety.

Thank you. God bless you. May God bless this great and beautiful nation called America. Thank you.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »

The Filibuster: Sanders and Democrats Raise The Stakes; Obama Iffy On It
Senator Bernie Sanders is hoping his filibuster of the Counterterrorist Coalition Act, introduced by Senator Rubio will inform the American public. The filibuster which has been going on for more than 36 hours has both sides playing politics. Democrats are blasting Rubio for trying politicized the recent attacks for his own gain in the Presidential Election, whereas Rubio and Republicans are blaming Democrats for playing politics with the nation's national security.

President Obama has issued a statement on the introduced legislation, saying in its current form he is unlikely to sign it, should it ever reach his desk. 

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:24:04 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 1

Tuesday, July 19

Theme : A New American Prosperity

Speakers :

-Sharon Day, co-chairwoman of the Republican National Committee
-Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas Governor
-Herman Cain, CEO of Godfather's Pizza and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012
-Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia Senator
-Rob Portman, Ohio Senator

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, delegates, fellow Republicans and fellow Americans for being here tonight. And thank you Cleveland for hosting this great Republican National Convention here in the great state of Ohio, the state that always determined the winner of every presidential election and the state that will make Marco Rubio the next President of the United States of America.

I'm glad to be here to talk about the basic differences between Marco Rubio and Elizabeth Warren when it comes to understanding the economy and how to create jobs. Recently, we've seen that over 60 % of the Americans think the economy is heading in the wrong direction and will get worse before getting better. That's what will happen if Elizabeth Warren is elected, but not if Marco Rubio is elected President of the United States.

Senator Warren is trying to fool the American people by pretending that our economy is strong because of big government. Let me tell you, Senator Warren, that we are a nation that celebrate success and embrace free market. Because businesses, including small businesses, create jobs, not the government.

It's no wonder that Elizabeth Warren is running for Barack Obama's third term, which would be a very a bad path to follow for America. Under a Warren Administration, taxes and regulations will get higher, our consumers' purchasing power will diminish, American businesses will offshore overseas, America's dependence on foreign oïl will be deeper, which will not only kill American jobs but also provide funding for terrorists and help them to commit further attacks. The budget will remain unbalanced, the deficit will hit 20 trillion $. America will be less competitive in the world economy, which will make American products more expansive through higher tariffs and make less international consumers for America.

[Crowd boos]

Energy independence is a basic element of prosperity because it will allow America to take advantage of all of its sources of energies (oil, gas, coal, ethanol, nuclear, solar, wind, etc.) and boost America's automobile manufacturing while keeping funds from falling between the hands of terrorists. By opening more markets and look for new ones, we will increase our ability to innovate and compete in this world economy. Goods and services crossing borders ensure the development of new ideas and models and allow our producers to learn about the market through the failure and success of traded products. By learning more, they will be favored to innovate and keep their competitiveness. I know this as a former U.S. Trade Representative and as a former Director of the Office of Management and Budget and Marco Rubio knows it as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

[Crowd applauds]

Marco Rubio has a great knowledge and record in terms of job creation : in the U.S. Senate, he cosponsored the AGREE Act alongside Democratic Senator Chris Coons. This bill increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise and raised immigration for some types of work visas, which helped our country to boost economic growth, job creation and innovation. He co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. Every chance he got, he voted in favor of the passage of the Keystone XL pipeline for the sake of energy independence. He voted in favor of the Trans-Pacific Partnership to make our country economically competitive around the world.

Marco Rubio will lower taxes so our consumers will reinforce their purchasing power and get out of poverty and our economy can grow. He'll reduce government to strengthen our dollar. He'll expand free trade so we can be more competitive. And he will lead us to energy independence so we can be free of foreign oil.

Senator Rubio selected one of the best partners a nominee could have ever found : Stephen Pearcy, a man who has sweared for all his short political career to put taxes at their lowest rates in history. Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will accomplish that goal, they will challenge the status quo and bring the change that America needs at all costs.

[Crowd applauds]

So now even though we are witnessing one of the slowest economic growths in decades, our people can rise again and we can restore the American Dream, a principle which Marco Rubio is one of the greatest defenders we've ever known.

Right now, I'm running for Senate re-election here in the state of Ohio in order to make sure tht we will succeed in lowering taxes and government spending. But do you know who I'm running against : former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland, whose governorship has been disastrous for Ohio and its economy through higher taxes and populism while Ohio's largest sector is trade/transportation/utilities, which employs 1,010,000 Ohioans, or 19.4% of Ohio's workforce. So Strickland's big government liberal leadership cost Ohio 350 000 good-paying jobs in four years (2006-2010).

[Crowd boos]

We can't afford to go back to the Strickland years. We need a New American Century, which requires a New American Prosperity, which requires defeating Elizabeth Warren and Ted Strickland in order to get the government out of the way of the American people. Marco Rubio will do it by reducing the cost of doing business in America, by cutting taxes and regulations for our manufacturing industry and by lowering our corporate tax rate to 20 %, which will make our trade deals fair for our nation and our workers, help us to promote trade and America's worldwide economic competitiveness while keeping our jobs, bringing American manufacturing jobs not only back here in Ohio but also back here in America. The right solution to our economic challenges is to make America the best place in the world to do business.

Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown, my Ohioan colleague in the Senate, can't be trusted to defend the middle class. Because they don't understand one of the most basic elements of economic prosperity : most of the jobs come from small businesses. And yet, they both support Dodd-Frank, a big government policy that made big banks bigger because the government made them big by imposing thousands of pages of regulations. Unlike small banks, big banks are able to deal with all these regulations because they have an army of lawyers and compliance officers. As a consequence, big banks got bigger and small banks are struggling to lend or to exist. We have actually created a category of systemically important institutions, and these banks go around bragging about it. You know what they say to people with a wink and a nod? We are so big, we are so important that if we get in trouble, the government has to bail us out. This anti-growth law is eviscerating small businesses and small banks. Over 40 % of small and mid-size banks that loan money to small businesses have been wiped out since Dodd-Frank has passed in 2010, which bankrupted small businesses, killed tens of thousands of jobs and drastically raised the unemployment rate.

[Crowd boos]

So the bottom line is that Dodd-Frank is putting the special interests of Wall Street individuals ahead of the needs of the middle class and our workers. Marco Rubio will repeal Dodd-Frank in order to make the middle class stronger and to get small businesses working again to hire people, to increase their productivity and their competitiveness and he will reform Wall Street. When small business win, when the middle class wins, all America wins.

Here's another example why the Democratic ticket can't be trusted to defend our workers : when we were both lawmakers at the United States House of Representatives, my colleague Sherrod Brown voted against the Small Business Tax Fairness Act of 2000 while it was aimed at reducing taxes on small businesses and increasing the minimum wage.

[Crowd boos]

And I'm proud to have supported this pro-growth law at that time, thus which helped us to pass that bill that brought the goals I just mentionned. Marco Rubio will defend the interests of our workers by promoting free market and free enterprise solutions, by promoting tax reform, by reducing the size of government, repealing the IRS and replacing it by a flat tax and by championing small businesses through making America a friendlier place for small businesses.

When I was a kid, my father started his own business selling forklift trucks. He had to borrow money from my mother's uncle because the bank wouldn’t give him a loan. He lost money for the first few years, but he never lost his dream. And by the time he retired and my brother took over, the business had 200 employees – supporting 200 families in Southwest Ohio.

To renew America's promise, we need to make America the best place in the world to open, grow and expand a business so we can ensure permanent job creation and prosperity. Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will follow that path and that's how they will establish a New American Prosperity for all.

Thank you and God bless our great country.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #909 on: July 27, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:24:31 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 2

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Steve Forbes, businessman and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 1996 and 2000
-Mike Parker, CEO of Nike
-Paul LePage, Maine Governor
-Josh Mandel, Ohio State Treasurer
-Paul Allen, CEO and co-founder of Microsoft
-Phil Scott, Vermont Senator
-Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee

Thank you. Thank you so very much.

This is one of the greatest honors to be here tonight to speak about what it takes to establish a new American prosperity. Originally, I was hoping to address this convention under different circumstances, but the American people chose another path four years ago and I respect their choice.

Once again, the Democrats attacked success like they did four years ago while I was our party's nominee. They said, I quote : « If you got a business, you didn't build that. » Two years later, Hillary Clinton said, I quote : « Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs. »

[Crowd boos]

It shows that the Democrats, including Elizabeth Warren, clearly don't understand anything about the economy and has no idea about how to create jobs. How can Elizabeth Warren be trusted to lead this country if she misunderstands the economy? The Democrats' claims on businesses are offenses against success, against opportunity, against free enterprise, against free market and against the American Dream, an ethos that our nominee Marco Rubio represents as a son of immigrants and is and will whole-heartedly defend for the sake of America's prosperity.

Like we all do, Marco Rubio knows that we don't apologize for being successful. Here in a free country like America, we celebrate success. We did build that. Businesses, especially small businesses, create most of the jobs in America. I know this because I spent 25 years in the private sector and I know why jobs come and why they go away. I founded a great company named Bain Capital. I built the old-fashioned way, by earning it, by working hard. And I was proud of the fact that we helped create businesses that grew, that employed people. And these are not just high-end financial jobs. We helped start Staples, for instance. It employs 90,000 people. These are middle- income people. There are entry-level jobs, too. I`m proud of the fact that we helped people around the country, Bright Horizons children centers, the Sports Authority, Steel Dynamics, a new steel company. These employ people, middle-income people.

Unlike Elizabeth Warren, Marco Rubio understands how our economy works and he knows what it takes to create new good-paying jobs. He knows that our prosperity does not come from government but from the hard-working, entrepreneurship and ingenuity of our people. Elizabeth Warren trusts the government. Marco Rubio trusts the American people. Thanks to his experience as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, he will grow our economy and bring prosperity back to America. This will be a new American prosperity that will be permanent and fair for all Americans of all incomes, of all races, of all groups and all origins.

Marco Rubio will ensure such prosperity by reducing the size of government, cut taxes and regulations for all Americans and for business owners, which will reinforce purchasing power and consumption in America as well as our businesses' ability to grow, to expand, to produce, to innovate and to hire more people. Marco Rubio will make us energy independent by securing every source of energy whether its renewables, oil, coal, gas, nuclear, solar or hydroelectricity. He will pursue our quest to new open markets through promoting free trade and lower tariffs and costs for our products, reduce our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % so we can more easily get international consumers through stronger American competition in the world economy while keeping, thus doubling our pace to prosperity.

When I became Governor of Massachusetts, 85 % of the legislators were Democrats. I did not demonize them and I didn't demagogue them. Time and time again, I brought Republicans and Democrats together in order to put partisanship aside and to get things done for the good of Massachusetts. Thanks to this leadership, I found common ground and balanced the budget four times without raising taxes and we provided health insurance for Massachusetts. Now we have a chance to elect a President who will bring Republicans and Democrats together in order to get things done and ensure a bright future for America, but this time in Washington. Marco Rubio will get us to energy independence without hurting the environment by increasing oil drilling, using a part of oil revenues to invest into the development of renewable energies. We all know, no matter our party affiliation, that everyone should have access to education, which means reducing the cost of getting education. Marco Rubio knows this and that's why he will promote school choice which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. By using a part of future budget surpluses to invest into the development of infrastructures, President Rubio will encourage further job creation through innovation and stronger economic activities due to developed infrastructures. And by reducing the size of government as well as the cost doing business in America, Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will make America the best place in the world to open and expand a business.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy are both agents of change who will turn around Washington and move America forward and straight to a bright future.

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

Remember, four years ago, as the Republican nominee, I warned about Russia's insanity and I called Vladimir Putin by his name : a geopolitical foe. I warned that our troops' early withdrawal from Iraq would create a power vacuum leading to something much worse. But the Democrats ignored it and during one of the 3 presidential debates between me and President Obama, he even mocked it while these international threats were and still are existing problems.

[Crowd boos]

Right now, ISIS emerged, is killing innocent people and is sometimes committing genocides, especially against Kurds and is controlling a large territory from Iraq to Syria. Russia invaded Ukraine, annexed Crimea, supports a pro-Russian rebellion in order to annex eastern Ukraine and is supporting the Assad regime to defend their economic interests in the Middle East. If Elizabeth Warren is elected, the world will be in a deep chaos through stronger terrorist threat, stronger tyranny and stronger violence. Marco Rubio will defeat ISIS and all radical Islamic terrorist groups by increasing our defense budget, modernizing our military and expanding our regional alliances and together, America and its allies will fight and destroy terrorists on their territory and all the Middle East will be freed from their oppression, insanity and barbarism. He will stop Russia's expansionist policies through stronger sanctions against Moscow, by reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea and by providing weapons to Ukraine, which will help Kiev to defeat this pro-Russian insurgency and to give Ukraine back to Ukrainians. If you want peace, prepare for war.

President Rubio and Vice-President Pearcy will defend the values that make America a great and special nation and they will reinforce our country's status as the hope of the Earth.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:24:49 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 3

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Cory Gardner, Colorado Senator
-Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM
-Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett-Packard and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016
-Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise

Thank you and good evening. I am here to speak of what makes America's greatness and what it takes to establish a new American prosperity.

When I was young, opportunities for women were slim. I started my business career while female executives were a novelty. Thanks to inspiration from my mother, I succeeded in business. Now, we are living in a time of slow economic growth and we see Americans struggling. While Elizabeth Warren talks about being the first woman President, every single policy she espouses, and every single policy of President Obama has been demonstrably bad for women. Approximately 90 % of the jobs lost during Barack Obama's first term belonged to women. Three million women have fallen into poverty under this administration. The number of women living in extreme poverty is the highest level on record. I'm proud to be a conservative because I know our values, our principles and our policies, which are free market, free enterprise, small government, lower taxes and regulations and economic freedom work better to lift everyone up, men and women.

We have to create more opportunities for all of our people. We have the opportunity to restore the American Dream. Marco Rubio is the best candidate to restore that dream. I am proud to be a Republican and I am proud to support Marco Rubio because he leads the party that understands that America's success comes from the character of its people, the strength of its communities and the nobility of its ideals.

The Democrats want to increase the influence of government, taxes and fiscal waste as the measure of ther compassion and fairness, but here's the right path to prosperity : energy independence by lifting the ban on offshore drilling, by building more nuclear reactors and by promoting conservation and alternative forms of energy, which will reduce the gas prices at home, boost our automobile industry, make our cars less expensive than Asian cars and give us the upper hand in the TPP in addition of reducing the harm to our planet's climate and stopping massive amounts of money from going to our enemies abroad. Another element of the right path to prosperity is to reduce taxes for the American people for the sake of a stronger purchasing power and stronger consumption in America because consumption is one of the basic pillars of our economy and our companies' competitiveness. We need to put forward proposals to double the size of the child tax exemption, putting more money in your pockets. We have to reduce business taxes, so that entrepreneurs and especially small business have the money they need to expand, innovate and create jobs. And we need to pursue our quest of open markets to make our economy competitive around the world. Free trade will boost free enterprise which is the strength of our economy. It will also give international consumers a greater access to American products, which will be good for our economy. America's ability to compete and innovate derives from its open markets and from the continual search for new markets through the expansion of free trade. Silicon Valley, a valley that is bordering the Pacific Ocean, has a social and business ethos that supports innovation and entrepreneurship and where I founded Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, represents a great example of desire for innovation. Goods and services crossing borders favor new ideas and models and allow our producers to learn about the market through the failure and success of traded products. While learning more, they will be able to innovate to remain competitive.

Marco Rubio understands that we don't grow our economy by making rich people poorer but by making poor people richer. Economic growth requires increasing our national wealth.

With a Rubio/Pearcy administration, there will be no blame and taxes on success and accomplishment. There will always be promotion of success and accomplishment, both elements of prosperity and a new American century.

Thank you very much! God bless America!

-Jose Pepe Fanjul, sugar businessman, CEO of Fanjul Corporation and Chairman of Hispanics for Rubio

Thank you. Gracias. Buenas tardes.

I am proud to contribute to America's prosperity as a sugar businessman. And I am proud to chair a committee called Hispanics for Rubio.

Just like Ronald Reagan did, Marco Rubio will expand our party, open it up to lots of new people, including Hispanics. We are the party of diversity. I am here to tell you that « todo es posible en América, la tierra de oportunidades. »

The Obama Administration has been ineffective when it comes to create jobs for the American people, including Hispanics. We need to give Hispanics the opportunity to learn English while maintaining their language and cultural heritage in order to open up economic opportunities for them. We should not close these opportunities for any of our fellow citizens because their first language is another one than English.

As a son of immigrants who lived the American Dream, Marco Rubio will promote school choice, which will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allow parents guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce.

By promoting free trade with Latin America, Marco Rubio will give our businesses, including Hispanic small businesses in the United States thanks to language opportunities and their fluency in Spanish and English, new opportunities to innovate, to increase their competitiveness, to get new consumers by giving them access to American products, to create jobs in our country and ensure their business' expansion here and around the world. Thanks to their bilingualism, Hispanics will be dominant among the importers, exporters, translators and executives who ensure such a cultural and commercial exchange. And like I said, our innovation and competition capacity comes from our open markets as well as our constant quest for new markets.

Thanks to this pro-growth agenda to open economic opportunities for Hispanics and create jobs for them, this large community will earn the same opportunities as any other American, por que el pueblo estadounidense merece más.

Gracias. Que Dios bediga los Estados Unidos de América.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2017, 07:22:22 PM »

Schedule for Elizabeth Warren

July 14, 2016

Meet Voters in Lake Wilderness, Virginia (With Tim Kaine)

Speech in Culpeper, Virginia (With Tim Kaine and Donna Edwards)

Another attack made by a radical Islamic terrorist occurred in Nice today. We stand with the residents of Nice, and the people of France in their sadness.

Republicans like Louie Gohmert, Steve Stockman, John Bolton, Peter King and Steve King want everyone to believe all Muslims are the enemy. They are wrong, and Senator Rubio needs to repudiate this position from the far right of his party immediately. Muslims in general are not the enemy, only a dangerous minority who are determined to destroy our Democracy.

Meet Voters in The Plains, Virginia (With Tim Kaine and Donna Edwards)

July 15, 2016

Meet Voters in Batavia, Iowa (With Tom Harkin and Patty Judge)

Meet Voters in Sigourney, Iowa (With Dave Loebsack and Patty Judge)

Meet Voters in North English, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

Appear on The Rachel Maddow Show, from North English, Iowa

Senators Sanders, Merkely, Baldwin and Leahy announced a filibuster of the Counterterrorism Coalition Act today. Do you support it?
Rachel, I do support this filibuster. There's no doubt in my mind, we need to stop selling weapons to countries that sponsor terrorism, like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, which is what Senator Rubio and Senator Warner's bill is doing. We need to strongly consider cutting ties with these nations, who export the Wahabi ideals around the world, creating thousands of potential terrorists.
So why aren't you on the Senate floor joining the filibuster?
I believe the best way to defeat the bill is to take the case against it to the American People, which is why I'm on your program tonight. If the American people don't like what they see in this bill they'll elect candidates who support my position, such as Catharine Cortez Masto, Kamala Harris, Katie McGinty, Tammy Duckworth and Maggie Hassan.

July 16, 2016

Meet Voters in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin (With Dave Obey)

Meet Voters in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (With Dave Obey)

Meet Voters in Algoma, Wisconsin (With Dave Obey)

Meet Voters in Luxemburg, Wisconsin (With Dave Obey)

July 17, 2018

Meet Voters in Seven Hills, Ohio (With Nina Turner)

Meet Voters in Beachwood, Ohio (With Nina Turner)

Speech in Broadview Heights, Ohio (With Richard Trumka and Nina Turner)

Marco Rubio claims he will make the American Dream possible again. That is the antithesis of the basic Republican platform, which is designed to fatten the pockets of the rich at the expense of everyone else. Our platform will fight for the most vulnerable amongst us, something Republicans haven't done since the Reconstruction Era.

July 18, 2018

Meet Voters in Fairmont, North Carolina (With Kay Hagan)

Meet Voters in Lumberton, North Carolina (With Kay Hagan and Roy Cooper)

July 19, 2016

Constituent Service, State Office, Boston, Massachusetts

July 20, 2016

Meet Voters in White Rock, New Mexico, (With Martin Heinrich)

Meet Voters in San Ysidro, New Mexico (With Martin Heinrich)

Meet Voters in Cuba, New Mexico (With Martin Heinrich)

July 21, 2016

Meet Voters in Silverton, Colorado (With John Hickenlooper)

Meet Voters in San Luis, Colorado (With John Hickenlooper)

Speech at Neta and Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl (With John Hickenlooper)

I've been watching the Republican National Convention, and I've got to admit, Senator Rubio puts on a good show. But I'm still waiting for Stephen Pearcy to prove he can handle the job of being "Presidential". Could he make the decision to push the nuclear button if necessary? Can he avoid getting America into trouble on the world stage, insulting our allies at every turn? Maybe he'll surprise us, but I don't think so.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 09:02:25 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Elizabeth Warren in Lorain, Ohio

Elizabeth Warren has proven to be ready to say or do anything to get votes, including through desperate efforts such as fearmongering lies claiming that we are adopting far right positions, which is completely false and untrue. Senator Warren keeps telling lies about my campaign and my fellow Republicans, claiming that we are seeing all Muslims as the enemy. Senator Warren, I suppose you've heard absolutely nothing from Rudy Giuliani's RNC speech, for example.

We have never ever said or thought that all Muslims are the enemy. We have never said or thought that most of Muslims are the enemy. We said that the enemy is only the dangerous and extremist minority called radical Islamic terrorism. However, until now, you have failed to define this enemy which is radical Islamic terrorism. Because radical Islamic terrorists are killing more Muslims than anyone else in the world. We have to stop this insanity. Unlike you, Senator Warren, I know who the enemy is so we can defeat this evil under my presidential leadership, thus saving democracy and freedom of religion here and abroad.

[Loud cheers and applause from the crowd]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #913 on: July 27, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »

I may need a 12 hour extension.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »

Good Idea... it's only your convention after all... can the turn of the DNC be one week long?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #915 on: July 27, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

I'll have to post a summary this time

Sherrod Brown continued to hit the industrial states for Warren, calling out Portman's hypocrisy with regards to the Medicaid expansion, something that Brown's colleague supports. He also appeared at a rally for Ted Strickland, campaigning for him. In addition, Brown gave a fiery speech in Pittsburgh, calling on the workers there to either vote for a future with better wages, stonger unions and keeping their jobs in the US, as opposed to free trade deals that Rubio supports, again calling out Portman for getting elected on the backs of workers only to sell them out at first opportunity.

Brown also made a visit to Burlington, Vermont to speak with Senator Bernie Sanders, who is known to be unhappy with the content of the DNC hacks.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #916 on: July 28, 2017, 06:37:22 AM »

Good Idea... it's only your convention after all... can the turn of the DNC be one week long?
Yes!
Different Republican
Rookie
« Reply #917 on: July 28, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »

I'll need a 24 hour extension, I probably won't be able to finish my schedule today due to the ammount of homework...
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #918 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:25:23 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 4

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Kevin McCarthy, U.S. Representative from California and House Majority Leader
-Matt Blunt, former Missouri Governor
-Melissa and Jewel Pearcy, wife and daughter of Stephen Pearcy

Melissa : Thank you everybody. What a glorious time like the 80s for America. It was a time under which my husband Stephen Pearcy founded RATT in California and enjoyed success. It was also the time during which, after four years of uncertainty, economic decline and growing international threat, a man named Ronald Reagan managed to fix America through small government, tax reform, America's competition in the world economy, stronger diplomacy and stronger military. It was a time of prosperity, real leadership and victory for America. That's why my husband is proud to be a Reagan conservative.

Jewel : But today, we are living a similar situation than before Ronald Reagan : stronger terrorist threat and weak economic progress due to big government policies that are taking money away from the American people, including the middle class. It's in order to get the government out of the way of our people and fix these problems that my father decided to run for office. It was with enthusiasm that I campaigned for him. But then, we listened to the choice made by our party and we are proud to speak on behalf Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States, and my father Stephen Pearcy, the next Vice-President of the United States. Now it's with enthusiasm that we are campaigning for this terrific comeback team.

[Crowd applauds]

Melissa : So, that's another thing that remind us a different time : our presidential nominee selecting his main rival in the primaries as his running mate. That was a move to show the whole world that we are a unified party that is seeking to unite the American people together in order to get things done and to put aside our differences. Unlike our opponents, Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy are campaining on what unites our people and our country. That's why our country is called the United States of America.

Jewel : Don't listen to the defamations of the Warren campaign. As my father has fulfilled his responsibility as a father, he is ready to fulfill the job of Vice-President. Taking care of a country is like taking care of a family. That's also another responsibility fulfilled by Marco Rubio, a father of four children whom he seeks to give, just like for my generation and the generations to come, the brightest they could ever imagine in a New American Century where they will be better off than previous generations and where they will be among the most prosperous Americans our country has ever known. Just like Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush did, Marco Rubio and my dad will make America Great Again. They will do so by lowering taxes, reducing the size of government, getting our country to energy independence, allowing America's competitiveness in the world economy through tax reform in order to keep American jobs and create new ones here in America, making our education system the best one in the world, making our country the best business-friendly environment in the world and defeating international terrorism through a stronger military and stronger diplomacy and by protecting our democracy and every single value defended by the Constitution of the United States. That's how they're going to restore America's greatness and America's greatness is required for a New American Century. Only together, only with your support, we will get to a New American Century, the century of promise, optimism, prosperity, freedom, fairness, integrity, security and peace.

Jewel : Thank you.

Melissa : God bless our ticket, God bless all of you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #919 on: July 28, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:25:44 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 5

Thank you. It's good to be in Cleveland.

The American Energy Renaissance is moving America from energy scarcity to abundance, will change the world forever and will power America to greatness once again. That's why time has come for America's Energy Revolution.

President Rubio will fuel America’s future and become the first president to achieve American energy independence! President Obama chose not to get it and has tried to destroy this renaissance and all of its benefits. Instead, he turned on Iranian oil, gave them the bomb, billions of dollars, and vilified Israel. Elizabeth Warren promises more of the same.

America has two distinct choices. Our nation should embrace energy independence, not eliminate it. Elizabeth Warren would eliminate fossil fuel development in America, kill jobs, drive up gasoline prices and increase oil imports from our enemies. President Rubio will release America’s pent-up energy potential, get rid of foreign oil, trash punitive regulations, create millions of jobs, and develop our most strategic geopolitical weapon : crude oil.

Thanks to America's energy independence, we will be able to use a part of revenues from oil drilling to invest into the development of renewable energies, to encourage our automobile industry, to save cities whose economy is mostly based on this industry (Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.) from bankruptcy and to make our cars less expensive than Asian cars so international consumers will buy more American cars than Asian cars.

Marco Rubio understands that energy independence is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue. Thanks to America's energy independence, Ukraine can free itself from its dependency and Russian oil and switch from it to American oil, which will ensure Ukraine's victory in the War in Donbass. America's energy independence will will diminish Iran's ability to support terrorism because its neighbors will be free from Iranian oil and switch from Iranian oil to American oil. We will also deprive terrorists of revenues that would fund their plans to attack America and its allies. That's another element of our victory against terrorism.

When I was young, I couldn’t start school before the first snow or Christmas – whichever came first – because I was pulling cotton to feed our family. My first memories are picking cotton barefoot. I’m standing here tonight because the American dream was alive and well when I struck out on my own at 20 years old with nothing but a truck, a co-signed note and a phone!

Thank God we have a clear choice today. Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will restore the American Dream for the next would-be visionary from small-town America and give us a New American Century! God Bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #920 on: July 28, 2017, 08:56:07 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:25:59 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 6

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corporation
-Mike Lee, Utah Senator
-Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House of Representatives and 2012 vice-presidential nominee

Thank you all very, very much. Delegates and alternates, ladies and gentlemen, the convention will be in order.

[Hits the Speaker's hammer on the table]

You know, standing up here again, it all hits kind of a familiar feel. Students of trivia will recall that last time around I was your nominee for vice president. It was a great honor. It was a great honor, even if things didn't work out quite according to the plan. I'm a positive guy. I've found some other things to keep me busy. And I like to look at it this way. The next time that there's a State of the Union address, I don't know where Joe Biden or Barack Obama are going to be, but you'll find me right there on the rostrum with President Marco Rubio and Vice-President Stephen Pearcy.

Democracy is a series of choices. We Republicans have made our choice. Have we had our arguments this year? Sure, we have. You know what I call those? Signs of life, signs of a party that's not just going through the motions, not just mouthing new words for the same, old stuff. Meanwhile, what choice has the other party made in this incredible year filled with so many surprises? Here we are at a time when men and women in both parties so clearly, so undeniably want a big change in direction for America, a clean break from a failed system. And what does the Democratic Party establishment offer? What is their idea of a clean break? They are offering a third Obama term brought to you by Elizabeth Warren. For a country so ready for change, it feels like we've been cleared for takeoff and then somebody announced we're all going back to the gate. It's like we've been on hold forever, waiting and waiting to finally talk to a real person, and somehow we've been sent back to the main menu. Look, the Obama years are almost over. Time of big government is over. 2016 is the year America moves on!

[Crowd applauds]

The problem is really simple. There is a reason people in our country are disappointed and restless. If opportunity seems like it's been slipping away, that's because it has. And liberal progressive ideas have done exactly nothing to help. Wages never seem to go up, the whole economy feels stuck, and millions of Americans   millions of Americans   middle-class security is now just a memory.

Progressives like to talk, like our president, like to talk forever about poverty in America. And if high-sounding talk did any good, we'd have overcome those deep problems long ago. This explains why under the most liberal president we have had so far poverty in America is worse, especially for our fellow citizens who were promised better and who need it most. The result is a record of discarded promises, empty gestures, phony straw-man arguments, reforms put off forever, shady power plays like the one that gave us "Obamacare," constitutional limits brushed off as nothing, and all the while dangers in the world downplayed, even as the threats go bolder and come closer.

We know better than to think that Republicans can win only on the failures of Democrats. It still comes down to a contest of ideas, which is really good news, ladies and gentlemen, because when it's about ideas that advantage goes to us. Against their dreary backdrop of arrogant bureaucracies, pointless mandates, reckless borrowing, willful retreat from the world and all that progressives have in store for us, the Republican Party stands as the great enduring alternative party. We believe in making government as Ronald Reagan said, not the distributor of gifts and privilege, but once again the protector of our liberties. Let the other party go on making its case for more government control over every aspect of our lives, more taxes to pay, more debt to carry, more rules to follow, more judges who just make it up as they go along. We in this party, we are committed to a federal government that acts again as a servant accountable to the people, following the Constitution, and venturing not one inch beyond the consent of the governed. We, we in this party, offer a better way for our country based on fundamentals that go back to the founding generation. We believe in a free society where aspiration and effort can make the difference in every life, where your starting point is not your destiny and where your first chance is not your only chance.

We offer a better way for America with ideas that actually work, a reformed tax code that rewards free enterprise instead of just enterprising lobbyists, a reformed health care system that operates by free choice instead of by force and doesn't leave you answering to cold, clueless bureaucrats, a commitment to a renewed commitment to building a 21st century military and giving our veterans the care that they were promised and the care that they earned.

None of this will happen under Elizabeth Warren. Only with Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy, we have a chance to make it happen.

[Crowd applauds]

All my career, I fought to balance our budget, avoid government shutdowns, grow our economy and give America a path to prosperity. This year of surprises and dramatic turns can end in the finest possible way when America elects a conservative governing majority. We can do this. We can earn that mandate if we don't hold anything back, if we never lose sight of the stakes, if we never lose sight of what's on the table.

Unlike Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren, Marco Rubio will boost our economy by cutting taxes for all the American people, cutting government spending, increasing oil drilling, using a part of revenues from oil revenues to develop renewable energies, thus ensuring America's energy independence. He will encourage free trade, reform our education system, balance the budget, invest infrastructure development with a part of future budget surpluses and championing businesses of all sizes.

Unlike Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren, Marco Rubio will defend our values, stand with our allies, increase our defense budget in order to make our military stronger and modernized, to deploy all the necessary arsenal to defeat terrorism and to overthrow dictatorial regimes that are not only oppressing their people but also supporting terrorism. He will use all his leadership and diplomatic skills to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, to stop Russia's imperial policies and to restore international territorial integrity.

As Speaker of the House, I'm ready to pass President Marco Rubio's laws that will make our country more prosperous, more united and safer than ever before. My fellow Republicans, what we have begun here, let's see this thing through. Let's win this thing! Let's show America our best and nothing less!

Thank you. Thank you and God bless!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #921 on: July 28, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:26:24 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 7

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-John H. Sununu, former New Hampshire Governor
-Elaine Chao, former Secretary of Labor
-Nikki Haley, South Carolina Governor

Thank you my friends.

In these times of economic depression, we need not only leadership but also knowledge of how to create jobs and to bring prosperity to America. Just like Marco Rubio, I am from a family of immigrants who lived the American Dream.

I was born, 44 years ago, to an Indian Sikh family that came from India to America before my birth. At the age of 12, I began helping with the bookkeeping in Exotica International, my mother's ladies' clothing shop. Then I joined Exotica International ten years later grew to become a multimillion-dollar company. I was named to the board of directors of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce before being named to the board of directors of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners. As Governor of South Carolina, I reduced the cost of doing business in the Palmetto State, reduced corporate income tax rate to 5 %, abolished state property tax, local income tax, inventory tax, sales tax on manufacturing Equipment (which is the right solution to the problem to job losses due to Obama's trade deals, not populism), wholesale tax and unitary tax on worldwide profits, which helped my state to have industrial power or materials for finished products and boosted job creation and innovation. These policies made sure that Boeing keeps doing business in America. Boeing started a new line for their 787 Dreamliner, creating 1,000 new jobs in South Carolina, giving our state a shot in the arm when we truly needed it.

All these pro-growth policies made South Carolina the best place to open a new business and reduced the local unemployment rate from 12 % to 5 % during my governorship.

I know what it takes to create jobs, to get America back to work and to restore the American Dream just as Marco Rubio does. That's the leadership we need to make sure our country will be able to reclaim his status as the number one nation in terms of job creation. Marco Rubio will use his experience in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the U.S. Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee to create jobs and get America back to work. We will put an end to Barack Obama's failed economic policies that Elizabeth Warren seeks to pursue which are high taxes and regulations, protectionism, energy dependency and bigger deficit.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will cut taxes on all the American people and make us energy independent by increasing oil production, using a part of revenues from oil drilling to invest in the development of renewable energies, including solar, wind, hydroelectricity, etc. Such energy independence will lower the cost of buying a car in America, which will boost our automobile industry as well as automobile manufacturing, which will help us to create jobs and to make sure that industrial cities like Detroit (where the local African-American community will finally find its way by finally finding good-paying jobs), Milwaukee, Chicago, won't fall into bankruptcy. With less expansive American cars, we will have the upper hand in the Trans Pacific Partnership because we will be able to compete in this dynamic region since our cars will be less expensive than Asian cars.

Even if India, the land of my ancestors, is not a member of TPP, the $1 billion annual exports to India from Marco Rubio's home state of Florida represent a reason why trade ties with India’s and Asia's large and growing markets matter to Americans. The more we export, the more consumers we get in the world, the more our companies can ensure their expansion and the more jobs we can create. That's why Marco Rubio will ratify the TPP if we elect him President on November. Free trade will boost free enterprise, which is the strength of our economy. It will also give international consumers a greater access to American products, which will be good for our economy. America's ability to compete and innovate derives from its open markets and from the continual search for new markets through the expansion of free trade.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will reform our education system, balance our budget, extend our infrastructures through future budget surpluses, champion businesses by cutting taxes and regulations on businesses, including manufacturing businesses, and we will reduce the cost of doing business in America like I did in South Carolina.

Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy will keep our country together and make America a fairer and more inclusive country by reforming our immigration system to make sure immigrants will be able to get American citizenship and to live the American Dream. Last year, 9 African-Americans were killed by a supremacist. Then, I successfully campaigned to remove the to remove the Confederate flag from the local State Capitol and it's grounds. Just after this shooting occured, Marco Rubio went there and supported my efforts. That's another way to fight racism and extremism.

We are the party ideas. We are the party of diversity. We are the party of all the American people, whites, blacks, Latinos, Asian-Americans, men, women, etc.

As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will make our country safer by standing with our allies and increasing our defense budget. He will use all the necessary troops to defeat international terrorism, including Al Qaida and ISIS, and bring Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to justice. We will promote democracy and keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons as Marco Rubio did by co-sponsoring the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that will not only increase our defense ties with Middle Eastern countries and Indian Subcontinent countries, including my family's birthplace of India, but also includes stronger sanctions on Iran if it ever violates the Iran nuclear deal. Like we will do as President and Vice-President, this bill will make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy for economic growth and not for the development of its nuclear arsenal.

That's why, as President and Vice-President of the United States, Marco Rubio and Stephen Pearcy  will form one of the best teams America has ever known, a team that will get this country on the right direction by getting prosperity, unity and security back in America and a team that will get us to a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #922 on: July 28, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:26:46 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 8

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Rick Snyder, Michigan Governor
-Jeb Bush, former Florida Governor

Thank you, my fellow Republicans, my fellow Americans.

You know, the height of my family's political adventure started in the Reagan Revolution when Ronald Reagan selected my father to be his running mate and his Vice-President, 36 years ago. And together, Ronald Reagan and my dad grew our economy by cutting taxes and government spending, championing businesses and opening new markets through promoting free trade. Together, Ronald Reagan and my dad made our country safe through a stronger military and a stronger diplomacy that helped us to win the Cold War. Then my brother kept us safe as well after 9/11 by declaring war on terrorism and deploying all the necessary arsenal to defeat Al-Qaida. Thanks to this war, Osama Bin Laden is dead, thus making justice done.

Now, our country is less safe and less prosperous due to big government policies and drastic cuts in defense spending. Now I'm here to speak on behalf of my friend Senator Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States.

Marco Rubio will restore America's greatness, which requires a strong economy, a smart energy policy, lower deficits, stronger American economic competitiveness around the world, business championing, immigration system reform and education system reform.

We say that every child in America has an equal opportunity, but tell that to a kid in whose classroom learning is not respected.  Tell that to a parent stuck at a school where there is no leadership.  Tell that to young, talented teacher who just got laid off because she didn't have tenure.  The sad truth is that equality of opportunity doesn't exist in many of our schools.  We give some kids a chance, but not all.  That failure is the great moral and economic issue of our time and it is hurting all of America. When I became Governor of Florida in 1999, we were at the bottom of the nation in education.  For the last decade, this state has been on a path of reform.  Under the leadership of Governor Rick Scott and local leaders, our focus every day is whether students are learning.

Marco's parents came here for better economic opportunities. Despite struggle to adapt in the American society due to their paycheck to paycheck situation, they were successful thanks to their hard work. Marco Rubio is a strong defender of the American Dream and that's why he ran for the Florida House of Representatives, for the U.S. Senate and now for the presidency of the United States.

I'm proud to have helped Marco Rubio to beat one of the most liberal and big government politicians ever known in America : Charlie Crist.

As Senator, Marco made many accomplishments : he introduced the AGREE Act, a bill that extended many tax credits for and exemptions for businesses investing in research and development, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise, so it helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service. It also allowed an increase in immigration for certain types of work visas. In the Senate, Marco co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act which would have required the Small Business Administration to elaborate every year a study that is aimed to estimate the complete cost of regulations on small businesses. Co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. He managed to pass a bill that increased sanctions against Hezbollah. After North Korea's first hydrogen bomb test on last January, he successfully co-sponsored the North Korea Sanctions and Enhancement Policy Act of 2016 that sanctionned international individuals and companies that are serving are Financial intermediaries to fund North Korea's nuclear program. After the terrorist attack in Nice, Marco co-sponsored a bill yet to be passed and that is called the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that would reinforce defence ties with our allies in the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent to create a great coalition to defeat ISIS and to make sure that Iran will never get nuclear military arsenal by making sure that Tehran will use its nuclear energy for Iran's economic growth, not for the development of nuclear weapons.

He combined his forces Stephen Pearcy's, and together will ensure the restoration of the American Dream, of America's promise, of America's prosperity, of America's unity and America's security just like Ronald Reagan and my dad did 3 decades ago.

I have known Marco Rubio for years. He's a friend of mine. I've campaigned with him and for him. Now, I'm ready to run for him again for the sake of a New American Century. I know the character of the man, I know his values, and I know his goals for our country. You see, Marco Rubio understands what Elizabeth Warren doesn't. The American people want the opportunity to work, provide for their family, and reach the American Dream. Too often, under Barack Obama, that dream has been increasingly harder to achieve. This campaign is about reclaiming the dream. In the last eight years, we've set records for poverty, income inequality, underemployment, and debt. In the next eight years, my hope is we can set records for job growth and in higher wages. Marco Rubio will implement the kinds of policies we need to help get us there

My fellow Americans, I’m honored to introduce to you the next First Lady of the United States of America, Jeanette Rubio.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #923 on: July 28, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 09:27:04 PM by UWS »

Day 2, Part 9

Tuesday, July 19

Speakers :

-Jeanette Rubio, wife of Marco Rubio

Thank you my friends! Thank you my fellow Americans and thank you Cleveland for this warm hospitality.

As we nominate my husband Marco Rubio to be our next President, I want to talk about what holds us together as a united nation. One of the things that holds us together is diversity and Marco understands it because he’s in the party of Abraham Lincoln, a man who freed African-Americans from slavery.

When Marco’s parents came here from Cuba for better economic opportunities, they made a contribution to American diversity. Thanks to the hard work of a bartender and a housekeeper, they became able to make a living, to start a family and to raise their children. All of that was possible thanks to hard working and free market, while big government policies would have made that impossible.

I have a similar background to Marco’s. I was born in Florida from parents who emigrated from Colombia. At University, Marco and I started knowing each other, chatting each other and enjoying each other. We were only slightly acquainted in high school, met again and began to date. And 18 years ago, I became the luckiest woman on Earth when I accepted to marry Marco Rubio, a man of great gratitude, honor, love, heart, kindness, faith, compassion, conviction, determination, audacity and courage.

We then became parents of four children. Marco is so glad we are on the road with him. It's amazing because I see so much of Marco in all of our kids. Daniella's passion. Amanda is very deep, loves to read books. Anthony is the same way. And Dominick is very charismatic in addition of being, alongside Anthony, a fan of football just like Marco who, by the way, coaches their football team on the weekends. I see so much of our four children in Marco. We are very blessed. Family is a gift. And in so many ways, this campaign is about them, about your children and grandchildren and about what kind of America they are going to inherit.

As a mother of two daughters and two sons, I believe we all need to raise our children to help them getting success, which will give them a bright future. Marco will do it by promoting school choice, which will cost families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It will grant parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.

Thanks to his experience in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Marco will make America the best country to open a business by reducing the cost of doing business in America, by investing a part of future budget surpluses into the development of infrastructures to encourage the implementation of new American businesses and facilitate economic activities and by cutting taxes for all the American people. He understands that the way to grow this economy is to make poor people richer.

Marco's story shows his commitment to make future generations better off than previous generations were just like his parents did. My husband thinks big, which is especially important in seeking the presidency of the United States. There is no room for small talking. No room for small results. Marco gets things done he is ready to do it again as President.

Our country is underperforming and needs new leadership. Leadership is also what the world needs. Marco wants our country to move forward in the most positive ways. Everyone wants change and Marco is the only who can deliver it. We should not be satisfied with stagnation. Marco wants prosperity for all Americans, which requires free market solutions that will lower taxes for all Americans, including poor people and the middle class, which will create good jobs.

We need new programs to help the poor and deliver opportunities for young people. A plan for growth is required in order to get to fairness. My hudbands's experience exemplifies growth and the successful passage of opportunity for the next generation.

As President, Marco will make America a more inclusive country by reforming our broken immigration system in order to help immigrants to get American citizenship and to live the American Dream like Marco and I did.

In his career, Marco demonstrated his gratitude toward our veterans, including his brother Mario, by cosponsoring the AGREE Act, which gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise and helps them to find a good paying job and to prosper after their military service. He then co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats.

As an inclusive man, Marco intends to represent all the people, not just some people. That includes African Americans, white Americans, Hispanics (a community which my husband and I are from), Asian Americans, Christians, Muslims, Jews, poor people, low income Americans and the middle class.

He values every single American, from the bottom to the top, from all origins, from all social classes, of all beliefs. As a father, as a husband, he will take care of all the American people as President of the United States of America by investing all his energy to make sure that you're future will be bright and that America’s future will be bright.

Marco knows that as citizens of this great nation called America, it's kindness, love and compassion for each other that will bring us together and keep us together, which will help us, as a united people, to overcome the challenges facing our nation. Because we are the United States of America.

Marco Antonio Rubio is ready to lead our great, free and beautiful nation in these difficult times of challenges. This will be a New American Century, a century that will be marked by the restoration of the American Dream and where everything will be possible here on the land of opportunity.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #924 on: July 28, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 10:07:32 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 1

Wednesday, July 20

Theme : A New American Freedom

Speakers :

-Tom Brady, football athlete for the New England Patriots of the NFL
-Mia Love, U.S. Representative from Utah
-Scott Baio, actor and television producer
-Rick Scott, Florida Governor

Thank you. Thank you Ohio for hosting this convention! And thank you Florida! For the first time in the history of the Republican Party, we have a Floridian on the ticket : Marco Rubio.

My name is Rick Scott, governor of the great state of Florida. Before I begin tonight I want to express my gratitude to everyone who's kept us in their prayers after the horrific and hate-filled terror attack in Orlando a month ago. We have received outpourings of love and support from Americans everywhere.

The American people sure stick up for each other. On behalf of all the citizens of our great state, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm old enough to remember when terrorism was something that happened in foreign countries. Not today. How many more times does the evil of radical Islamic terrorism have to occur before the president of the United States will muster the courage to face the truth? How many more Orlandos? San Bernardinos? Or Fort Hoods will happen until President Obama decides to be honest? I cried with the grieving moms and dads and brothers and sisters of the 49 people slaughtered by the ISIS-inspired terrorist. This war is real. It is here in America. And the next president must destroy this evil. Marco Rubio is the man for that job.

Let me tell you why Marco Rubio is the most qualified to be President. A lot of politicians like to give speeches where they say, "We are at a crossroads." That's not where we are today. Today, America is in terrible, world-record-high debt. Our economy is not growing. Our jobs are going overseas. We have allowed our military to decay, and we project weakness on the international stage. The Democrats have not led us to a crossroads, they have led us to a cliff.

[Crowd boos]

I have known Marco Rubio for many years. He is a man with a big heart who loves people. All people. From the bottom to the top and from the middle to the side. Every time Florida suffered a tragedy, whether it's a hurricane or a terrorist attack, Marco Rubio was there to help.

After the terrorist attack in Orlando, Marco Rubio made the right choice : supporting a bill aimed at allowing the Attorney General to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists. But unfortunately, the Democrats blocked it, blaming guns for the Pulse shooting instead of radical Islamic terrorism. Elizabeth Warren and the Democrats got it wrong. This terrorist could still have committed this attack with any other kind of weapon than a firearm. The terrorist is the only responsible of these murders. President Rubio will allow his Attorney General to stop the transfer of fireweapons to suspected terrorists because that's the right way to prevent terrorist attacks and massive shootings without violating the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.

After the terrorist attacks in Nice, France, while Elizabeth Warren is playing politics with America's national security for electoral purposes by blocking every bill or measure aimed at reinforcing our military and our alliances, Marco Rubio did not wait to take action and he co-sponsored the Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act that would reinforce defence ties with our allies in the Middle East and India as well in order to create a great, effective and powerful coalition in order to defeat radical Islamic terrorism on its turf and to keep Iran from becoming a nuclear military power by increasing sanctions against Iran unless it uses its nuclear energy for its national economic growth, which would be the opposite of putting terrorist interests ahead of the needs of the Iranian people.

Marco Rubio is ready to be commander-in-chief. Unlike Elizabeth Warren, he will answer the phone at 3 AM in the morning. We need a President with the right experience, judgement, responsibility and leadership to keep America safe. We need a President who doesn't believe government is the answer to every problem. We need a President who will get us to permanent prosperity. We need a President who is not afraid to say "radical Islamic terrorism." And we need a President who will wipe ISIS off the face of the earth. If you want a President with such experience and focus on these priorities, then Marco Rubio is your man.

And on every one of these measures Elizabeth Warren fails. She fails. She fails. She fails. The Democrats have nominated one of the most inexperienced candidates in history. This election is about the very survival of America and the American Dream. It's time for all Americans to put down the partisan banners, vote for the survival of the greatest country in the world, and do the right thing for this country : vote for Marco Rubio!

America is worth fighting for. Let's establish a New American Freedom through a stronger security, a stronger economy, a stronger integrity and a stronger national unity. Let's make the 21st century a New American Century. Let's elect Marco Rubio the next President of the United States of America.

Thank you and God bless this great country.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies